The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:58 pm

I agree...if we roll over and have our bellies tickled at the £4 million mark (in the usual fashion) it’s a poor do...

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Remind me again.. Didn't we pay 8M for Nicholas Anelka just 10 yrs ago? I wonder how much we would have to pay for him if it was now if Madine is worth 10M.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:40 pm

If he was under a contract of a decent length £50 million
Same as that lad arsenal are after

Shorter deal and nearer £30mil
Same as that lad arsenal sold

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Elmander would be £25mil as well
Imagine the furore over that!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:09 pm

We wouldn't bother signing Anelka these days because he couldn't play the Madine role :roll:

I suspect Ken has a bottom line that will help him recoup whatever he's put in. That could be a lot lower than some think Madine is worth. Depends who blinks first I suppose
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 am
boltonboris wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 am
Walker: Struggles with injuries, fitness and by all accounts Hunger. He's currently playing in Forests reserves, where he's scored 5-6

In the same league, we have a striker who is fit, hungry, not had any injuries and has 17 goals to his name.

What is it with managers, agents and "whatever you haven't got, is better than what you have"
I know people, fans, who've watched Hall a fair few times and they say he isn't ready for this league, by a long shot.

I've not seen him so I don't know. I do know however, that if Ken was advised that Hall was good enough that he'd be saving his pennies. And I think Parky and his coaching team are reasonable judges of a player.

I don't know much about Walker, but suspect he is more "ready" than owt we've got.
Everybody, probably you included, said the same of Clough and Holding - at the end of the day, you only know if you give them a chance
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:03 pm
There's nothing to say if we hang onto Madine we'll not get the sulky half arsed version back for the remainder of the season.

As for not going again if we sell him...sheesh
I don't think he'd kick up a fuss, because we stopped him going to Cardiff to be fair.

He's been offered better terms, but is seemingly waiting until tomorrow night before signing, which worries me - He's still open to a move, but at least he knows he's got a back-up deal
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:55 pm

I'll state my nightmare transfer window quite clearly. That'd be ending up basically with the same team we had on January 1st.
Having Charsley, or one or two other irrelevant loans at the end won't even see the mustard, never mind pick it, grind it or cut it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:59 pm

Madine's contract is worth around 750k, so any deal has to take that into consideration, as he's not asked for a transfer. Talk of 10 million is ludicrous. I reckon it'll be nearer half that and at that money, I'd take it. One player out has never made that much difference. We lost Rickets and survived (Just). If we lose Madine, we lose him. There's nothing to say we won't get someone in who does better. It's a gamble, as all transfers are.

Worst case scenario is that he leaves at the death leaving us no time to replace him, but I can't see KA letting that happen.

Nixon reckons its almost done: https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 9016072192
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:59 pm
Madine's contract is worth around 750k, so any deal has to take that into consideration, as he's not asked for a transfer. Talk of 10 million is ludicrous. I reckon it'll be nearer half that and at that money, I'd take it. One player out has never made that much difference. We lost Rickets and survived (Just). If we lose Madine, we lose him. There's nothing to say we won't get someone in who does better. It's a gamble, as all transfers are.

Worst case scenario is that he leaves at the death leaving us no time to replace him, but I can't see KA letting that happen.

Nixon reckons its almost done: https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 9016072192

We lost Ricketts because he threw a hissy fit and demanded to leave. We survived because we were actively improving the squad still.

We lose, objectively our best attacking player responsible for 60% of our goals and replace him with some half fit loanee and we are gone. Simple as that. Cardiff want Madine because he's one of the best strikers in this division right now. To replace him we need someone as fit, in the same form and with broadly the same or equivalent attributes. So a championship player banging goals in. Otherwise.....

Parky himself said only a week ago that selling Madine would be 'ludicrous'.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 pm
As an aside, I'm quite used to transfer fees being very high but the eyebrows still arch involuntarily when Forest turn down £12m from Burnley for Joe Worrall and Fulham eschew £18m from West Ham for Tom Cairney.
It just shows what is possible in the transfer market. Some clubs have a knack of selling their players for really good fees, and it tends to be those clubs that don't appear to need the money. We need to become one of those clubs. Cardiff seem to be offering like £1.5m with add ons for Madine (from Iles' confused used of tenses that could refer to their previous bids or current ones), which is derogatory. Warnock clearly thinks we are desperate. Unless the bills really aren't able to be paid, we should refuse all bids till the summer. Barring serious injury, his value is likely to increase, especially from £1.5m, and it is our only chance to stay up.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 pm

Surely the barometer for any fee should be what Preston get for Hugill? Madine is under contract and has been involved in 60% of our goals, with double figures at the moment? Why shouldn’t we get market value for our striker because we are Bolton?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 pm
Surely the barometer for any fee should be what Preston get for Hugill? Madine is under contract and has been involved in 60% of our goals, with double figures at the moment? Why shouldn’t we get market value for our striker because we are Bolton?
Because we are skint and Ken isn't putting a penny in. And we have bills to pay. There is a 5M shortfall that it's been patently obvious KA isn't going to bridge with his own money.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Because we are skint and Ken isn't putting a penny in. And we have bills to pay. There is a 5M shortfall that it's been patently obvious KA isn't going to bridge with his own money.
Hence, £4 million for Madine and £1 million for Vela equals our future operating costs. KA isn't going to turn that down and it wouldn't surprise me if Madine was in Sarf Wales for a medical tonight. Feckin gutted that I'll be in an internet deadzone from 9am until about 4.30pm tomorrow.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Hence, £4 million for Madine and £1 million for Vela equals our future operating costs. KA isn't going to turn that down and it wouldn't surprise me if Madine was in Sarf Wales for a medical tonight. Feckin gutted that I'll be in an internet deadzone from 9am until about 4.30pm tomorrow.
Yep and when we lose 5M income as we go down, who picks up the tab then? We won't have anyone left to sell and our squad full of loans will be decimated. We will then be bottom half in league one.

It's utterly depressing. Ken's inability to bring in investment sets us back to where we were when Eddie couldn't sell the club.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:03 pm

So far this season, neither our centre backs or our midfielders have weighed in with goals. Get CYL in who might contribute 3 or 4 plus another striker to contribute the same and we might just cover Madine's expected tally until the end of the season ( If, IF he continues his current form, which is something his record so far suggests he might not).

Think back to the wailing just 12 months ago when Clough went. He's been anonymous for them since.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:03 pm
So far this season, neither our centre backs or our midfielders have weighed in with goals. Get CYL in who might contribute 3 or 4 plus another striker to contribute the same and we might just cover Madine's expected tally until the end of the season ( If, IF he continues his current form, which is something his record so far suggests he might not).

Think back to the wailing just 12 months ago when Clough went. He's been anonymous for them since.
Clough was on the periphery rather than central to how we played. We only just about got away with that one though in a lower league.

Madine has literally been the heartbeat of this team this year. It isn't even just the goals. It's his all round game. The workrate.

It's an absolutely massive loss if he goes. Only way we can replace him is if we sign a bang in form championship target man. Otherwise anyone else won't be ready to go and we cannot afford to wait even two weeks, it's so tight down there that throwing away even a few points is probably terminal.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Even as a Nadine doubter, I think it's clear he's hugely important. If he goes (and isn't properly replaced which he surely won't be at this stage) our prospects of staying up would be seriously hurt.

Insano is being his typical hysterical self mind. The club wouldn't fold, wet wouldn't fail to win a game for the rest of the season. Yes he's been vital for us all season but he plays in a position and system where he's always going to be hugely involved in our goals. The fact he's been there all season means by default noone else has.

Yes he's very important but if we could have got big money earlier in the window, or in the summer, I'd snap their hands off. This is as good as he gets, selling at the top of someone's value is how we need to compete now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Am starting to believe we will sell him. This has got exactly the same feel to it as last years January window. Financial trouble, say key players aren't for sale, last minute activity, sign a known fans favourite to take some of the bitterness away, sell. I find it hard to see how we get away with it on the field this year though. This is a different level altogether, and one we are barely at with Madine.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm waiting patiently for Bruce's take on this.......