Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 pm

I think K.A is being very professional in this communication, both in the timing and content. Good news about P.P and other aspects look promising at this stage. Good start.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi-de-Hi campers! Red coat Ken is here to keep us entertained over the barren summer spell.

That said, today's sun-soaked offering is actually a pretty dull 3/10 effort.

Anyone not got their tickets for Little Mix yet?
There is a perception among many people that during the summer months football clubs shut up shop and everybody goes on holiday.

In all honesty, nothing could be further from the truth, especially here at Bolton Wanderers and Bolton Whites Hotel.

The ground works at our training ground in Lostock and at the stadium have been completed and I must thank the ground staff and all involved for their hard work. It’s important that the players in all our age groups have the best facilities possible at their disposal which will allow them to train and prepare for games. We will always continue to invest in our facilities.

Behind the scenes, our scouting team have been working non-stop in their pursuit to identify possible recruits who will be the right fit for the club.

It’s not a simple case of identifying a player, ringing him and his agent and then signing the deal. We do a lot of due diligence on how he can improve the squad, what his character and personality is like and then work out a deal that will be in the best interests for the club.

I’m of the view that we do all our business behind closed doors and then talk about it once it has been fully completed. While I understand that speculation creates a lot of excitement, especially during the summer, I don’t think that rumours are particularly helpful for all concerned.

Both the manager and I agree that the Sky Bet Championship this coming campaign will quite possibly be the toughest one on record. Considering the calibre of the teams that have come down from the Premier League and those who have been promoted from League One, the quality will be certainly dialled up by a few notches. We only need to look at Wolves, Derby and Middlesbrough, to name but three, to see how much money was spent by the bigger clubs last campaign. I fully expect this pattern to continue into next season.

As you will have already read, we had to make some very tough decisions by not offering new deals to some of the players. These weren’t done lightly and we’ve got to ensure that the club progresses each year. As I have mentioned, this coming season will be even tougher than last year so we will be ensuring that our squad is strengthened accordingly. It is our overall plan to reduce the average age of our squad going forward but I want to make it clear that we will also consider recruiting experienced players if they still have the levels of fitness required.

I’d like to wish all those who have left us the very best for the future and to thank them for their contributions to the club.

We were really pleased that Ben Alnwick signed a new deal to keep him at the club for the next two years. I believe that Ben was one of the best goalkeepers in the division last season and he was our stand out performer. That we have secured his services for another two seasons, despite strong interest from other clubs, shows how much we have come on as a club over the past couple of years.

It is no secret that we are being approached all the time by parties looking to invest in the club and I have always made it clear that if anything does happen in this regard then it will only be done if it’s in the best long-term interests for Bolton Wanderers. We have held and are continuing to have talks with interested parties. Our supporters will be among the first to know should anything happen.

I am fortunate to be the custodian of this proud and historic football club and until such time that changes I will continue to work diligently to ensure that we continue to make progress on and off the pitch, but I will continue to be prudent and run the club on a commercial and financially sustainable basis, as we do not wish to encounter the same mistakes of the past and incur the same type of problems that Aston Villa now appear to find themselves in.

Some of our pre-season fixtures have been confirmed so please keep an eye out on the club’s website and social media as we will add to these as and when new fixtures are confirmed. CLICK HERE to view the latest, confirmed pre-season fixtures.

I’m a firm believer that clubs don’t always need to go overseas to get the right preparation. Training camps abroad can provide distractions and don’t always offer the ideal conditions for what clubs can expect over the course of the season. There is also a growing trend among a number of clubs to remain in the British Isles during the summer, although I fully understand the commercial logic of why Premier League clubs go overseas to increase their followings.

With that in mind, we’ll be travelling up to Scotland later in the summer for several competitive matches. Details of the fixtures have yet to be finalised and we shall publish them on our digital channels.

The early bird season ticket deadline is fast approaching and sales are going really well, so I’d like to thank all those of you who have renewed and those of you who have bought them. The cash flow benefits to the club at this time of the year are enormous.

The deadline to buy them at the best possible price is Saturday 16 June. Please CLICK HERE for more information.

The brand new home kit will be released shortly, so please keep an eye on the website for more details of how to buy them. I must say that the new home and away shirts look fantastic and I cannot wait to see the lads wear them in August!

Of course, we’ve got three major events taking place at Macron Stadium before a football is kicked and that is why this year we have decided not to have a home friendly fixture.

Concerts return to Bolton in the guise of Little Mix and The Killers, while we are absolutely privileged to be staging both Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals on Sunday 5 August in a double header – the first time that this has happened.

Events of this magnitude are putting us back on the map as a venue and I am looking forward to attending them all. Hopefully, I will see many of you at them too.
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/a ... -chairman/

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Mmm. "Football's important, but money is more so....." seems to be the underlining theme there. Accepting the No Shxt Sherlock truth of the game today, it would be nice to have owners, a manager and a settled team back as Bolton Wanderers rather than "everything's for sale at a price" feeling. K.A is first and foremost a business man, and neither he nor his son are football's Hall of Fame candidates. I'd love to be wrong in being a bit apprehensive of an uncertain "what happens next" scenario when the man in charge is admitting he doesn't really know. We'll probably not have a better opportunity to get our status back if it's handled right, but that's a priority.

True Bolton legends of the Nat Lofthouse, Fred Dibnah, Dave Higson heritage are past tense now and Peter Kay isn't quite of international renown yet. Being able to spell the players names today is a qualification of pride and an indication that Facebook football is alive and well. (incidentally, how many footy stars actually have Head and Shoulders shampoo in their bathroom cabinets? and how many of them make more from T.V adverts than from playing? Just wondering ? ) :wink:

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Tweet from Nixon this afternoon:
Bolton. Very surprise interested party in the club. Bit late to party all the same. No story to write just yet. But interesting development.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 am

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 pm
Tweet from Nixon this afternoon:
Bolton. Very surprise interested party in the club. Bit late to party all the same. No story to write just yet. But interesting development.
Judging by a picture posted on his Twitter this morning Lee Anderson would appear to be in the middle East currently...

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 am

In case anyone fancies getting their tin foil hat out (don't know if that would be a help or a hindrance in these temperatures?)...
Bit more discussion/explanation of the ifs and buts and potentials and possibilities in the Twitter thread.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 am

Nixon strongly hinting on Twitter that there are developments on the ownership front. Claimed there were 'interesting' visitors at the Macron yesterday...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:04 am

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 am
Nixon strongly hinting on Twitter that there are developments on the ownership front. Claimed there were 'interesting' visitors at the Macron yesterday...
Also rebuffed by Anderson Jnr last night on Twitter, along with a side at Nixon about him presenting himself as being 'ITK' when he isn't.

:conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:10 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:04 am
The_Gun wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 am
Also rebuffed by Anderson Jnr last night on Twitter, along with a side at Nixon about him presenting himself as being 'ITK' when he isn't.

:conf:
My sense is that Nixon is relaying information that Anderson would rather he didn't, Doesn't make it necessarily wrong, perhaps just early.

We'll see if he's right about Ameobi I guess. He was the one to say Donaldson was signing.....

EDIT: And I don't know if anyone has noticed but there is barely any speculation in the BN re transfers this summer. You used to get targets in the BN weeks before they signed, and then regular updates as their signings were getting closer. Virtually nothing this summer other than very early on talk of Oztumer being reported. Have the Anderson's asked the BN to report what they are told? It looks that way to me. Even the transfer updates have been "Bolton expect to make signings this week".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:58 am

We're getting a Russian billionaire, one who made his money ethically too, and nothing you can say is going to persuade me otherwise.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Anyone tweeting me about Nixon’s Russians Saudis or whatever else he can connect is getting blocked . Ok 5000 questions an hour on FAKE visits . If you want to believe him then don’t follow me .

From young Anderson's Twitter.

Seems to be getting a bit arsey about it now. Perhaps some touchy truth in BFWCI's line of thinking?
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm
Anyone tweeting me about Nixon’s Russians Saudis or whatever else he can connect is getting blocked . Ok 5000 questions an hour on FAKE visits . If you want to believe him then don’t follow me .

How do you know? :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:55 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

How do you know? :D
Haha :D Tres bien. I can get Twitter on my phone by signing in as a company guest, but shhhhhhhhh :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Seems to be getting a bit arsey about it now. Perhaps some touchy truth in BFWCI's line of thinking?
Aye. If it was just nonsense he'd be able to just ignore it.

Seems like he doesn't want to be asked those questions. Can understand it, if investment negotiations are at a delicate point he doesn't want it broadcasting. But best to just ignore the questions relating to it, making an issue out of it won't help.

Ken definitely likes to control the message. A sun reporter who covers NW clubs and spews out information on twitter is clearly too much of loose cannon in their view.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 pm

He might also genuinely be annoyed by fielding the same thing again and again and again. It can destroy the medium for a user, especially if they want it to be conversational as well as broadcast. I mean, imagine being Gary Lineker, trying to make genuine points of interest, and immediately getting a thousand LOL-lads replying "shat on pitch".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 pm
He might also genuinely be annoyed by fielding the same thing again and again and again. It can destroy the medium for a user, especially if they want it to be conversational as well as broadcast. I mean, imagine being Gary Lineker, trying to make genuine points of interest, and immediately getting a thousand LOL-lads replying "shat on pitch".
But there will be rumours constantly, Nixon or not.

If he's on there he's going to be asked questions. I'm sure its a pain to be honest, but goes with the territory and Nixon isn't changing that either way.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 pm
But there will be rumours constantly, Nixon or not.

If he's on there he's going to be asked questions. I'm sure its a pain to be honest, but goes with the territory and Nixon isn't changing that either way.
Oh for sure. It's quite childish to say "if you're his friend you're not mine". But sometimes even firm denials fail to quench the fire. And it's a fire he deliberately (ho-ho) fans, hyping up signings, giving the coded signals. Obviously he wants the attention but he also wants to be in charge of the story. Again, that's to be expected.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 am

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/ ... -wolves-fl

Iles:
Official line from #BWFC on report Jorge Mendes is in talks with a mystery client looking to buy club is "we don't comment on speculation." But also hearing Ken Anderson hasn't met or spoken with JM. So pick the bones out of that...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Certainly no authority on finance, but if you are making vast sums of money ( and I mean vast sums) and the I.R.are chucklingly rubbing their hands and helping themselves to a fair slice of it, is buying a football club not a risk you might be prepared to take, at least in the short term?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 am
https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/ ... -wolves-fl

Iles:
Official line from #BWFC on report Jorge Mendes is in talks with a mystery client looking to buy club is "we don't comment on speculation." But also hearing Ken Anderson hasn't met or spoken with JM. So pick the bones out of that...

I've got no idea if there's any truth to these reports, but I did raise an eyebrow at "we don't comment on speculation".