Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm
And, if the injunction is lifted, I wouldn't rule out the mad f*ck trying to speak to the Court of Appeal and asking for another interim injunction until that's heard.
Let's hope that all that the administrator is waiting on is for the judge to throw it out. Sell the club then all LB can do is sue KA for breach of contract.

What is worrying is the amount of time this is all taking.

I don't think we are ever going to be lucky enough for a simple outcome.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 pm
Makes a bit of a nonsense of the "live reporting" blog that Mr Iles has set up...It's going to run

11:03 - Case about to begin...

and nothing...
Almost as good as his match updates.
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:32 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm
And, if the injunction is lifted, I wouldn't rule out the mad f*ck trying to speak to the Court of Appeal and asking for another interim injunction until that's heard.
Let's hope that all that the administrator is waiting on is for the judge to throw it out. Sell the club then all LB can do is sue KA for breach of contract.

What is worrying is the amount of time this is all taking.

I don't think we are ever going to be lucky enough for a simple outcome.
If we are very very lucky the judge and his clerk are weighing the gold bars as we speak... Bar number 52 judge, another 12.4 kilo...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Makes a bit of a nonsense of the "live reporting" blog that Mr Iles has set up...It's going to run

and nothing...
:lol:
The judge will have to hurry Ilesy will be missing his lunchtime pie.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

and nothing...
Better - we're not a goal down yet!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 pm

All the caveats around this being a random twitter update but:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm

A more reliable twitter update

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm
A more reliable twitter update
The irony of Bolton fans dreading 3pm.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Interesting that Iles is reporting that the Defendant's (so Ken's) witnesses include Sir Dave Richards!

"I swear that this statement is true to the best of my knowledge. I've never even heard of the mad f*ck".

Iles also reporting there is a dispute over whether the injunction actually prevents the sale of Burnden Leisure.

Would be nice if the club could crack on and we could leave Ken v Laurence to turn into Jarndyce v Jarndyce.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 pm
Interesting that Iles is reporting that the Defendant's (so Ken's) witnesses include Sir Dave Richards!

"I swear that this statement is true to the best of my knowledge. I've never even heard of the mad f*ck".

Iles also reporting there is a dispute over whether the injunction actually prevents the sale of Burnden Leisure.

Would be nice if the club could crack on and we could leave Ken v Laurence to turn into Jarndyce v Jarndyce.
Almost 2 birds one stone outcome.

I doubt we're that lucky.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Where's a Hotel Administrator when ya need one?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Some more substantive updates on the Burnden Aces feed:
https://twitter.com/BurndenAces/with_replies

Incidentally, who runs Burnden Aces? I should probably know. It seems very well run.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Various twitter updates, mainly LOV and Burnden Aces, together with the BEN update, seems to suggest that Bassini is mostly relying on a text from Shaun Harvey that suggested he had approval, and now wants more time...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:31 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Various twitter updates, mainly LOV and Burnden Aces, together with the BEN update, seems to suggest that Bassini is mostly relying on a text from Shaun Harvey that suggested he had approval, and now wants more time...
I think he's mainly relying on the fact a SPA was signed by Ken...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:31 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Well yes, but the completion of that agreement was subject to Bassini getting EFL approval, which was subject to him providing proof of funds. Bassini appears to be arguing that a text from Shaun Harvey represented EFL approval, and therefore he fulfilled his side of the agreement. KA's team argument is that a text isn't proof of anything and the whole approval process is a formal process with paperwork. No mention from Bassini of him ever providing proof of funds. And now it appears he wants more time (presumably to get funds)...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 pm
Is that a Dickensian way of saying Greedy Bxstard v Greedy Bxstard..?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Well yes, but the completion of that agreement was subject to Bassini getting EFL approval, which was subject to him providing proof of funds. Bassini appears to be arguing that a text from Shaun Harvey represented EFL approval, and therefore he fulfilled his side of the agreement. KA's team argument is that a text isn't proof of anything and the whole approval process is a formal process with paperwork. No mention from Bassini of him ever providing proof of funds. And now it appears he wants more time (presumably to get funds)...
Everybody keeps on making the mistake that the EFL has some kind of legal right to stop the purchase of a business... They haven't. EFL approval is not required to buy a business. If Ken signed on the dotted line, he signed on the dotted line.
Whether or not Ken's old company, potentially now Lozza's new company has the right to field a team in the English football league is an entirely separate matter.
I do hope Anderson realised that...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm

That's assuming of course that the agreement for sale wasn't conditional on him getting approval, which if Bassini wasn't nuts you'd definitely assume it would be. From what we've heard so far it sounds like it was (or who cares about Shaun Harvey's text).

More importantly though. Tough. If he's right he should've got an injunction before it went into admin. It's far too late now. His remedy is to sue Ken.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Everybody keeps on making the mistake that the EFL has some kind of legal right to stop the purchase of a business... They haven't. EFL approval is not required to buy a business. If Ken signed on the dotted line, he signed on the dotted line.
Whether or not Ken's old company, potentially now Lozza's new company has the right to field a team in the English football league is an entirely separate matter.
I do hope Anderson realised that...
They don't however if it's written into the contract for completion which I assume as part of a sale of a football club it would be then Bassini shouldn't have a leg to stand on as he has breached the terms of the contract himself by not gaining approval by the EFL.

Allegedly

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm
That's assuming of course that the agreement for sale wasn't conditional on him getting approval, which if Bassini wasn't nuts you'd definitely assume it would be. From what we've heard so far it sounds like it was (or who cares about Shaun Harvey's text).

More importantly though. Tough. If he's right he should've got an injunction before it went into admin. It's far too late now. His remedy is to sue Ken.
Absolutely. If there are caveats, clauses or T&C's that make EFL approval essential to buying the club he's fxcked and we move on... My worry is that he got the injunction on the back of 'something', I'm just hoping that Anderson didn't do something stupid which will give the judge reason to extend the injunction... That might not be fatal to Burnden Leisure but it would spell the end of us I fear.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください