Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:23 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:29 pm
Anyone on here criticising Michael James can feck right off, know nowt prick! He was paying wages a few months ago!!
And he’s dipping into his pocket now. Amazing how some Bolton fans seem to want to stop criticism of Ken who stopped paying bills and wages for half a year yet want to slag off a bloke sticking his cash in without even owning it whilst being asked to pay off the former owner whilst paying his bills.

Ken Anderson should be getting every bit of hate both barrels.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:27 pm

It’s absolutely bonkers.
He probably doesn’t have enough to buy the club outright but he’s done a damn site more for it than any other fan, especially the supporters feck* trust!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Ahhh, right. Sorry I thought we were talking about the players, well not talking but you know what I mean :)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 am

Whilst being very sceptical about FV and their ability to make a going concern of the club they are not responsible for where we are currently. Blame is at the feet of KA and his quest to make a mint out of cheap club ownership that backfired spectacularly wanting a ludicrous price when he could have made a tidy sum.
The club has been ridiculously run fo years, big wages for average players, lousy managers, loans and sales pitch and non pitch related and the only people really to suffer are non playing staff and us poor buggers, the fans.
Being totally honest assets apart there really is in football terms nothing of interest to prospective buyer. We are not quite at the bottom yet so we can still fall, once there the only way is up :oyea:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 am

To all BWFC fans, I offer this carrot.

After a debacle that saw one club humiliated and reduced to a laughing stock, I note that the natural order has been restored. As it surely will be for us. Every club has its own level and for the most part that's where they will ply their trade.

It's now only goal difference that separates Celtic & Rangers.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 am

After a debacle that saw one club humiliated and reduced to a laughing stock, I note that the natural order has been restored. As it surely will be for us. Every club has its own level and for the most part that's where they will ply their trade.

Are you saying we'll be back in the fourth division soon. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:43 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am
Enoch wrote:

Are you saying we'll be back in the fourth division soon. :wink:
Our club has been run for a fair old while on the senseless never-never, "keeping up with the Jones's" route to nowhere. With Eddie Davies paying the pipers and they who shall be nameless wanting to move in a tuxedo and champagne world and not need to count the cost, it was inevitable it would all crash and burn somewhere. Should there be a hint of a major world financial disaster looming there'd probably be a football club fire sale so big it could be seen from Mars. In reality it was all bound to happen some day. We may be the ones in the spotlight now, but it can happen to anyone on billionaire row. Owning a football club is a temporary get-rich-quick idea to lots. We are the reality of it all. Maybe starting again isn't such a bad idea after all. Winning the dressing room is nothing without winning the fans.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 am

Enoch wrote:

Are we going to win the Freight Rover again? :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:59 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:58 pm
FV should put up or fcuk off - seriously we cant play the kids again mid week, the EFL should suspend the game.

But do carry on with FV's tragedy of playing kids against men its so endearing....its bordering on child abuse.
FV could fcuk off, of course and assuming we have enough cash to keep playing in the interim, we start the whole process again with a new preferred bidder. Could still be going through it in November...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:10 am

I’m a bit down about it this morning. Last weekend we had the buzz of the defiance of the kids against Coventry and I had the feeling we’d have a few more bodies in for this weekend.

As it is the takeover continues at a glacial pace, we’re forced to continue playing kids way out of their depth and they’re now feeling the effects of that.

Many more games like yesterday and the patience and goodwill from the fans will evaporate and anger will rise up again. There was already a bit of that on here yesterday.

I’m not into conspiracy theories - I don’t think the administrators are deliberately trying to rinse us, I don’t believe FV are ill-intentioned, and I don’t think Bassini is anyone’s stooge. What I do think we’re seeing is a group trying to take us over who aren’t the wealthiest and are having to negotiate settlement on a lot of previous debts, while the administrators are having to push through a hugely complex sale while facing a significant time pressure. The worry is that we can’t survice the status quo much longer, and FV still struggle to meet the financial commitments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am

That last para, I think is it in a nutshell Jimbo. I think what's adding to the frustration is the Club Admins briefing they're all done...So come on Quantuma get yer finger out.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:27 am

Enoch wrote:

Yes to this post!

The glass is full.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:27 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am
That last para, I think is it in a nutshell Jimbo. I think what's adding to the frustration is the Club Admins briefing they're all done...So come on Quantuma get yer finger out.
Do we know who’s decision it was to appoint separate administrators for both? Surely as both businesses are so intrinsically linked, having the same admin for both would lead to the best outcome? They could then decide whether the same buyer for both, or separating them would be the most sustainable future model. At the moment I guess there’s a lot of unnecessary too and fro between admins and solicitors trying to get updates on both processes.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:30 am

Apologies to all for the rants last evening, I simply dislike Tranmere & losing to them 5-0 really got to me yesterday (kids or no kids), I should however know better.

Regarding the apparent takeover what I can't fully understand is that apparently, as Parkinson said recently there was a supposed press conference to announce the sale on the Friday before the Coventry game, then came Bassini's injunction. Therefore people saying that its the hotel holding everything up surely cant be correct, as it must have been sorted if they were due to complete before the Coventry game. Why can't someone from either the club, admins, FV etc. just come out with a brief statement & explain what the latest delay is down to, perhaps then the supporters may be more understanding and show some patience.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am

jimbo wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:27 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am
Do we know who’s decision it was to appoint separate administrators for both? Surely as both businesses are so intrinsically linked, having the same admin for both would lead to the best outcome? They could then decide whether the same buyer for both, or separating them would be the most sustainable future model. At the moment I guess there’s a lot of unnecessary too and fro between admins and solicitors trying to get updates on both processes.

I think it was reported that it's to avoid a conflict of interest, what with the businesses owing each other money.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:30 am
Apologies to all for the rants last evening, I simply dislike Tranmere & losing to them 5-0 really got to me yesterday (kids or no kids), I should however know better.

Regarding the apparent takeover what I can't fully understand is that apparently, as Parkinson said recently there was a supposed press conference to announce the sale on the Friday before the Coventry game, then came Bassini's injunction. Therefore people saying that its the hotel holding everything up surely cant be correct, as it must have been sorted if they were due to complete before the Coventry game. Why can't someone from either the club, admins, FV etc. just come out with a brief statement & explain what the latest delay is down to, perhaps then the supporters may be more understanding and show some patience.
The updates on the process is an interesting one. I feel the main issue is we live in an age of social media and rolling news where people expect continuous updates on stories and as a fan base we’re desperate for any nugget of information. In the past we’d be happy to find out about things just at their conclusion. Recently the admins have given updates saying things are encouraging, sale is near etc, but then things have changed. I expect in most business takeovers there’s last minute delays all the time as new queries get raised by lawyers which then mean large re-writes of contracts. The difference is the whole saga isn’t played out via several updates a day via Iles/Nixon so we don’t see the too-ing and fro-ing we’re getting here. Also I expect a lot of the reasons for delay will be bound by confidential tissues, which just leads to the situation of an update saying sale is near, then a huge void of information as another week passes.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:

At the very least, I expect the judgement on the Bassini injunction forced all interested parties to seek pretty thorough legal advice, with contracts being reviewed. The administrators for the hotel have supposedly selected two offers, with FV being one of them, but, according to Iles, are "still awaiting confirmation that they are in a position to proceed".

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am

For what it's worth, I think we're yet to hear the last of Bassini.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am
For what it's worth, I think we're yet to hear the last of Bassini.
Like a turd that won’t flush.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:05 am

jimbo wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:

The updates on the process is an interesting one. I feel the main issue is we live in an age of social media and rolling news where people expect continuous updates on stories and as a fan base we’re desperate for any nugget of information. In the past we’d be happy to find out about things just at their conclusion. Recently the admins have given updates saying things are encouraging, sale is near etc, but then things have changed. I expect in most business takeovers there’s last minute delays all the time as new queries get raised by lawyers which then mean large re-writes of contracts. The difference is the whole saga isn’t played out via several updates a day via Iles/Nixon so we don’t see the too-ing and fro-ing we’re getting here. Also I expect a lot of the reasons for delay will be bound by confidential tissues, which just leads to the situation of an update saying sale is near, then a huge void of information as another week passes.
Ah Jimbo, the realiity is no one has really said anything that has not made them look foolish.