Pre-season frendlies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Pre-season frendlies

Post by brommers95 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:46 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:13 pm
Extended highlights of the Chorley game from Chorley's Youtube channel

https://youtu.be/WBKaln0q18c
Thanks Brommer. Just how it looked: either that was well edited in favour of the Greens, or we weren't so hot? I know we played a lot of young lads, but, they opened us up like a tin of beans and better finishing would have had a few in our net.

I think it was most likely edited with a bias towards Chorley and as you say it's not like that was a BWFC first XI, with Lee, Crawford, Tutte and Comley the only 'senior' players (and two of those were played out of position).

E7UdsF3XsAIVjm4.jpeg
E7UdsF3XsAIVjm4.jpeg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

The u18s (Tweedley, Henry, Frimpong etc) were then chucked on midway through the second half so I imagine that disrupted the shape a fair bit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 pm

^^

Fair comment. I'll admit my eyebrows shot up for a second or two when I saw LeFondre on the bench. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am

Pay on the gate now available for tomorrow against Blackburn. Club needs the support - get down there if you can!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am
Pay on the gate now available for tomorrow against Blackburn. Club needs the support - get down there if you can!

Iles is "hearing" 6,500-7,000 expected.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 am

What’s the verdict on Dixon after pre-season then? Is he good enough to start for a top half League One team?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 am
What’s the verdict on Dixon after pre-season then? Is he good enough to start for a top half League One team?
Jury's out for me. I've seen him live twice now and he's made good saves in both, however there's something about him that doesn't fill me with confidence. His stature is quite slight compared to a lot of keepers and he doesn't appear to command his box.

This could be as much my misjudgement as anything. I wasn't at all convinced by Jussi when he first arrived.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 am
Jury's out for me. I've seen him live twice now and he's made good saves in both, however there's something about him that doesn't fill me with confidence. His stature is quite slight compared to a lot of keepers and he doesn't appear to command his box.

This could be as much my misjudgement as anything. I wasn't at all convinced by Jussi when he first arrived.
Sounds a bit concerning to me. Hopefully Gilks can make it through the majority of the season as first choice, with Dixon getting his chances in the cups. Seems very likely we’ll be looking for another keeper next summer, though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:02 pm

Dixon’s distribution against Blackburn was dreadful. Don’t ask him to kick - he can’t. I’d agree with the assessment above he’s not exactly looking like a pedigree keeper.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:55 pm

Full Match here:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/augu ... -2-Rovers/

It's free you just have to sign up, name and email.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:40 am

Spartan2 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:55 pm
Full Match here:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/augu ... -2-Rovers/

It's free you just have to sign up, name and email.
Many thanks for that Spartan. Excellent coverage. :pray:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Can’t see Doyle starting on Saturday. Flip to that is he’s handy to have on the bench if you need a goal! Just have to hope Bakayoko offers enough I guess.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:32 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 pm
Can’t see Doyle starting on Saturday. Flip to that is he’s handy to have on the bench if you need a goal! Just have to hope Bakayoko offers enough I guess.
Not judging by the noises from Evatt – although they could be disinformation, it's quite a detailed diagnosis. We do now have a genuine other option, so I hope Baka takes it... then after a Dapo special, Doyler comes on to add the third... :D

He's had a really tough pre-season and sometimes even when you're physically over your illness, it can cloud your mind, become fuzzy, so your decision-making can be put off. When the ball has been fired into him, everyone could see how quick the (Blackburn) game was, your body can’t quite react as quickly as your brain wants it to, and vice versa. It's going to take time for him to get back up to full speed and a bit of patience from everyone. He's suffered from more than one illness this summer so we're delighted we've got him back in one piece and I’m sure from here on in he will only improve.

It affects everybody differently and obviously being the wrong side of 30 it’ll probably affect him more fitness-wise than it would a younger player like George Johnston for instance, who's 22. What I will say is the double vaccinated ones seem to be getting fewer symptoms than the others, but still until you start physically training again, you don’t know what effect it has actually had on your body, so some people are taking longer than others.

It's the same for every club, and I'm not going to sit here and make excuses. We've got a fantastic squad I'm really proud of, and we've competed in every game in pre-season so far. Now it’s the real thing and we’ll get going for Saturday.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... oin-doyle/

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:11 pm

IMG_20210804_190930.jpg
IMG_20210804_190930.jpg (261.49 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
Starting line up for tonight's trip to Chester. 0-0 after 10 mins (7pm ko).
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:34 pm

You might expect about six or seven goals against Chester, not a one with 15 mins to go.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:47 pm

FT 0-0.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Rio Doherty Chester
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rio Doherty Chester » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:36 am

Hello all, Chester supporter here.
I have compiled a matchday preview for yesterday evening’s game on my YouTube channel (I did upload it before the game but haven’t got round to posting it on this forum until now 😀). This preview includes a lowdown and my thoughts on Bolton Wanderers, our head-to-head record, plus loads more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below. Hope you all enjoyed the match yesterday:
https://youtu.be/IttLt2PUe-Y
Thanks, Rio Doherty.