Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:23 pm

∆ ∆ Second vid features more pings than an 80s microwave

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:11 pm

I do worry about highlight vids since thinking there might be a footballer in Braaten. But as these were all in the one game, it makes a pretty impressive tally and looks very calm on the ball...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:11 pm
I do worry about highlight vids since thinking there might be a footballer in Braaten. But as these were all in the one game, it makes a pretty impressive tally and looks very calm on the ball...
I'm already wondering what the feck's he doing at our place? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:07 pm

Potential new attacking signing soon, says Evatt.

“We've worked tirelessly all pre-season and we were unfortunate with that Xav injury. We've now highlighted at least one [signing] and we’re working hard to make that happen. Funnily enough he was one of our primary targets and we didn’t think we could afford him but things have come back around. You will hear something pretty quickly. Sharon and the rest of the board have been absolutely magnificent with their support and backing, so hopefully things will progress and fans will be very happy with what we are doing.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... one-clash/

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:07 pm

“We've worked tirelessly all pre-season and we were unfortunate with that Xav injury. We've now highlighted at least one [signing] and we’re working hard to make that happen. Funnily enough he was one of our primary targets and we didn’t think we could afford him but things have come back around. You will hear something pretty quickly. Sharon and the rest of the board have been absolutely magnificent with their support and backing, so hopefully things will progress and fans will be very happy with what we are doing.”

According to Twitter it’s Elias Kachunga.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:47 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Even though I know from experience that anything starting "according to Twitter" should be treated with caution, my heart still leapt. The lad looks a player, and we were indeed linked with him earlier in summer... by Evatt. That's probably where the supposition starts.... again, we'll see.

<crosses fingers>

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Elias Kachunga - if it is him, he can play & will fit in with IE's style of play & Markham knows him from Huddersfield (was possibly even involved with signing him ?)

Did very well for Huddersfield in the championship

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:47 pm
The_Gun wrote:

Even though I know from experience that anything starting "according to Twitter" should be treated with caution, my heart still leapt. The lad looks a player, and we were indeed linked with him earlier in summer... by Evatt. That's probably where the supposition starts.... again, we'll see.

<crosses fingers>
Think he was at Huddersfield with Markham too?

Stats don’t tell the full story but they don’t fill me with excitement though. Had a great season when Huddersfield beat the odds but….

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:07 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:47 pm
The_Gun wrote:

<crosses fingers>
That ‘Agent McGee’ chap, who does seem to have a source inside the club, tweeted earlier in the week that we were looking at an international striker, and is now strongly implying it’s Kachunga.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 pm

Although I may be getting him completely confused with Anthony Elanga. :lol:

Been a long week.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Is it... Is it Leo?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Is it... Is it Leo?

It is "according to Twitter"! 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210805-202642_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210805-202642_Twitter.jpg (515.95 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:56 pm

Kachunga signed I think!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Pitch, shirt, grin + some terrible reviews from his former clubs supporters = signing confirmed.

Good luck to the lad. In Evatt we trust.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Yes Kachunga has signed on a 2 year deal, forget last year at Sheff Weds the Huddersfield fans loved him - great signing at League 1 level, twice the player Isgrove is if we play him wide right, but he can also play CF though.

Quality signing IMO.

HG terrible reviews only from Sheff Weds fans, Hudds fans absolutely loved him and that was at Championship level.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:17 pm
Yes Kachunga has signed on a 2 year deal, forget last year at Sheff Weds the Huddersfield fans loved him - great signing at League 1 level, twice the player Isgrove is if we play him wide right, but he can also play CF though.

Quality signing IMO.

HG terrible reviews only from Sheff Weds fans, Hudds fans absolutely loved him and that was at Championship level.
Interesting - personally I think he's more of a 9 than a 7, but we'll see. Good luck to the fella, wherever he plays for us. If he can capture the early Huddersfield form – 12 goals in 42 games for a team promoted from the Champo despite having a negative goal difference (they only scored 56 in 46) – then we're laughing.

In Markham – who signed him at Huddersfield - Evatt trusts.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:22 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:14 pm
Pitch, shirt, grin + some terrible reviews from his former clubs supporters = signing confirmed.

Good luck to the lad. In Evatt we trust.
Read some poor reviews on a SWFC site last night, but also got the impression that he was being used as something of a whipping boy.

I mean, he's nae Gurd Muller, but then that's not why he's here.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:32 pm

Universal opinion seems to be he is a grafter - and he’s dropped a level of two to come here. I think he sounds promising. Looking forward to seeing him play! Tomorrow too soon?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:40 pm

Just to correct myself, and to be fair to Bertie - in Kachunga's most successful season he did play more often off the right than up top, and still scored all those vital goals – 10 of the 12 made the difference between Huddersfield winning and not. You can see on the video that he could do the "popping up at the back stick" thing that Evatt is trying to bang into Dapo. During that season Wagner played a 4-2-3-1 so there are similarities, and as I say Chris Markham, who was head of analysis when Huddersfield signed him, will know the guy as much as anyone.

His numbers have been poor since then but he's been playing in the Prem, which may have been a leap too far, and then in two frankly awful teams (post-Prem Huddersfield and then Wednesday). He may need a reboot but Evatt's no fool and it doesn't appear Markham is either.
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:32 pm
Universal opinion seems to be he is a grafter - and he’s dropped a level of two to come here. I think he sounds promising. Looking forward to seeing him play! Tomorrow too soon?
He'd have had to be signed before noon for registration purposes, let alone Content Downloading.

I think Baka starts tomorrow with Doyler off the bench. Who plays on the right might be interesting – Isgrove for an hour?