A switch of the (h) Ips and we're gone..Home V THE Tractor Boys Sat 11th Mar. 3-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A switch of the (h) Ips and we're gone..Home V THE Tractor Boys Sat 11th Mar. 3-0'clock

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 pm

Just miserable. Been a while since I’ve considered folding the laptop on a game in progress.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: A switch of the (h) Ips and we're gone..Home V THE Tractor Boys Sat 11th Mar. 3-0'clock

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:35 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:31 pm
It's a common script. Better team picks us off then doesn't even have to be any good to see out the win. We can beat the dross and flatter to deceive, but get found out. Archetypal flat track bullies. Honest and hard-working but not good enough to step up. It's why we'll lose at Wembley and limply roll over in the playoffs if Wycombe slip up and let us hang on to 6th.
Rest easy in the knowledge that we're better this season. We've had progression to get us to this point. Cup final plus playoff spots, i'd've taken it at the start of the season. Not ideal but not the end of the world either. Just frustrating that we're needing a little bit more to be the finished article.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:36 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:35 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
It's a common script. Better team picks us off then doesn't even have to be any good to see out the win. We can beat the dross and flatter to deceive, but get found out. Archetypal flat track bullies. Honest and hard-working but not good enough to step up. It's why we'll lose at Wembley and limply roll over in the playoffs if Wycombe slip up and let us hang on to 6th.
Rest easy in the knowledge that we're better this season. We've had progression to get us to this point. Cup final plus playoff spots, i'd've taken it at the start of the season. Not ideal but not the end of the world either. Just frustrating that we're needing a little bit more to be the finished article.
yeah. It’s only this long view that’s keeping me from despair. The glass ceiling is still there but it has moved up.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:38 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Plus 1 - good post, we lack quality & leaders on the pitch as we have for a while but Evatt still prefers to sign the unproven kids. One of these days (it will be a few years off) someone at BWFC in charge of transfers will focus on mentality, leadership & proper 'big' athletes in midfield & then perhaps we may get out of League 1.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 pm

Ffs Bradley, low cross ffs.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 pm

Same old same old
We’re here for a while!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 pm
Just miserable. Been a while since I’ve considered folding the laptop on a game in progress.
I'm still not worried. Seems like there's a meltdown on social media every time we don't win 5-0

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:42 pm

Barnsley two up v Plymouth. They really are rolling.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:43 pm

Hopefully the Evatt 'wankathon' will now stop, he's a average manager who's been quite well backed by the board but isn't that good.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:48 pm

I've seen nothing from the chasing pack to suggest they will pass us

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:50 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:43 pm
Hopefully the Evatt 'wankathon' will now stop, he's a average manager who's been quite well backed by the board but isn't that good.
I think he's done well, but like you say, has been well backed. I've never been a huge fan but if he left I think we're as likely to get a worse manager then a better one. He's moving us forward but I think he'll hit a ceiling. Might have already.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:51 pm

We'll be lucky to finish 6th.

LWB an issue, forcing most the play down the right or long.

Teams know Evatts game as we've bedded in with our Jan signings.

Unless something drastic changes I fear we're on one of them Evatt runs.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:51 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:48 pm
I agree. I don't think they will put us out of our misery! 3rd-5th look miles better than us but 7/8th just as average.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:53 pm

Ultimately we had an awful January window, for one reason or another no one we brought in has contributed enough. If we brought in 4-5 good players we'd be flying but instead we got some unfit players and some academy lads. It's probably killed our season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:54 pm

Barnsley 3-0 Plymouth.
Wycombe halve the arrears.
Wednesday have Iorfa sent off

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:54 pm
Barnsley 3-0 Plymouth.
Wycombe halve the arrears.
Wednesday have Iorfa sent off
We'd need them to lose another 5 players to get a draw.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:58 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:51 pm
We'll be lucky to finish 6th.

LWB an issue, forcing most the play down the right or long.

Teams know Evatts game as we've bedded in with our Jan signings.

Unless something drastic changes I fear we're on one of them Evatt runs.

Lets be honest, this is a terrible run of fixtures we've got at the minute (Morecambe included). Problem we've got is we're not competing well enough. It wouldn't be too bad if we'd beaten one of the top teams or drew against them, but instead the best we've come away with is the Morecambe draw, which is still a poor result.

Wycombe, Portsmouth, Morecambe, Ipswich and next up Sheff Wednesday away. It's not good. That 5-0 Peterborough game looks miles away now.

Still, i've got faith come the end of the season we'll be in amongst the play off spots.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:59 pm

January signings are all poor. That’s glaring now. None of them are in our best 11. And obviously Dapo would be were he here. We are weaker.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:02 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:51 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:48 pm
I agree. I don't think they will put us out of our misery! 3rd-5th look miles better than us but 7/8th just as average.
Aye, it’s fecking irrelevant where we finish we can’t score against anyone play off and above! Papa John’s then season done, regardless of whether we scrape play offs or not. Our recruitment in January was just not at the level needed to get out of this division.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:03 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:43 pm
Disagree. He’s done a good job. He’s had a bad window though. And Ipswich were like Wigan last year. Just too good. And we are having a poor run. He has a big job though. If he lets the season drift away from here he will rightly have questions asked and for me play offs are a bare bare minimum. If we don’t make them he needs to answer why.