What's Ste Evan's Age? 61, I think. Stevenage away. 29/03/2024 - 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What's Ste Evan's Age? 61, I think. Stevenage away. 29/03/2024 - 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am
I don’t think there is any conspiracy. It’s just a manager who knows he’s under a lot of pressure to deliver and key players who aren’t yet fit. Maybe have had setbacks in their recovery. I really have believed for a long time that our sports science and rehab etc leaves an awful lot to be desired.
Based on gut feel or data? How do we compare on this front to our direct peers?
Based on the fact that we manage to injure virtually every new player than joins and every player who gets injured seems to be ‘back’ then has a setback. It’s a pattern.

We’ve admitted to pushing players into the ‘red zone’.

I mean the club admitted this was an area they needed to invest in so it’s hardly a controversial view.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Starting an injured player hasn’t filled me with confidence!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

I think Dion is injured still and Baxter probably thinks he still is hence the 2nd opinion request. And going off our track record and history I don't blame him.

It's clear Evatt is as frustrated as most of us are and is probably sick of being asked.

If he says there's a chance tomorrow and they're not on the bus then he looks a fool. If they are then it's a bonus.

Shit happens, got to go with what we have.

COYWM!!!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

Does Toal start after a hard game on Tuesday? Probably, but I’d be somewhat tempted to bring in Forrester.

Coleman

Toal Santos Iredale

Sheehan

JDC Maghoma Thomason Williams

Bod Collins

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm
Does Toal start after a hard game on Tuesday? Probably, but I’d be somewhat tempted to bring in Forrester.

Coleman

Toal Santos Iredale

Sheehan

JDC Maghoma Thomason Williams

Bod Collins
I can't see Forrester starting given how well Toal's been doing. I see Forrester on Monday's game though.

Your line up of:
Coleman, Toal, Santos, Iredale, Sheehan, JDC, Maghoma, Thomason, Williams, Bod, Collins

Sounds about right.

The bench will be an interesting one. Does Taylor come back into the reckoning, what about Ramsay? It's probably the right match for Ramsay, given Jones may be tired from the international weekend and travelling.

Bench: Hutchinson, Ogbeta, Jerome, Morley, Dempsey, Taylor, Forrester

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

I don’t think Taylor is fit.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Taylor has gone back to West Brom hasn't he? Out for the season
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm
Can confirm that he's still wearing Wanderers gear for now.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

He's been working with BWITC this week and Evatt said he was close to a return.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Steve Evans will be serving a touchline ban tomorrow.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

I have awoken in a confident mood this morning and think we’re going to get the win today.

Perhaps contrary to what some others think, I feel as though the pressure is off us a little now that we’re not in pole position for the autos. We’re also a better side than Stevenage and I’d bank on our away end drowning out their home fans.

1-3 Bolton

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:35 am

Wish I shared your optimism Thegun.

This will be a tough game, they've got a tiny stadium so whatever noise we bring might not be as impressive as usual. They're a good side and our away form reads two points from the last 18.

It's sort of a now or never scenario for us. We are the better side. Weve just got to make it count

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am

This is a job to be done. Just like changing a blown fuse or fixing a leak, it needs no explanations or deep thought, just do it. The rest is of no consequence. We have the tools (Toals?) and the knowledge so get on with it. :oyea:

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:36 am

Need to win. No excuses.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am

I feel sorry for Evatt. He’s clearly got to the point where he doesn’t know how to take us forward or what we are missing. You could tell in the comments post derby but there are other games too. It is as I’ve said before that intangible set of qualities that get you over the line in big games that we miss but it isn’t easy to put your finger on it.

The financial situation is clearly very pressured too. More than even I expected. One assumes that if we don’t make it this year there will need to be cutbacks. Pressure is something teams and managers either embrace or it affects them.

I hope that somehow they can use the defeat at derby to say ‘ah well out of our hands now’ and play a little more relaxed and maybe recapture their form. But this is a toughie all right. Not the game you’d want after the last few weeks.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:10 am

Not the game you would want, but I don’t doubt our players will be relishing it.

Up the Whites.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am
I feel sorry for Evatt. He’s clearly got to the point where he doesn’t know how to take us forward or what we are missing. You could tell in the comments post derby but there are other games too. It is as I’ve said before that intangible set of qualities that get you over the line in big games that we miss but it isn’t easy to put your finger on it.

The financial situation is clearly very pressured too. More than even I expected. One assumes that if we don’t make it this year there will need to be cutbacks. Pressure is something teams and managers either embrace or it affects them.

I hope that somehow they can use the defeat at derby to say ‘ah well out of our hands now’ and play a little more relaxed and maybe recapture their form. But this is a toughie all right. Not the game you’d want after the last few weeks.
How the hell can you come up with statements like that as if they are fact ?!?!?

Evatt isn't clearly at any point, other than at the point where he is a manager of a good team having a good season, but is also struggling under the weight of injuries... You're so very predictable with your doom & gloom - I suppose as we've had a week off you haven't got any of the players in your sights, so you simply move over to the manager not being good enough.....

Financial position is an issue, as it is for virtually ever other club in the division, but maybe more so with us due to the ambitions of all involved to get us up the pyramid. You know what they say about don't assume anything (as it makes an ass out fo U & me...) - unless you tell me otherwise none of us have a scooby what is happening behind the scenes with investors and funding etc. What we do know is we appear to have the savviest and most sensible owners in a while, so lets trust them to do the right thing shall we and leave conjecture out of it.

As far today's game - of course it will be tough. And what do you mean "after the last few weeks"? The last week is the first time in months we've had a break, a chance to reset and a chance to work for prolonged periods on the training ground. All the games are tough from here on unfortunately...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am

How the hell can you come up with statements like that as if they are fact ?!?!?
That's what he does. Paints a negative picture and hasn't got actual facts to back it up. There's no insights into our financial situation that say we'd need to make cut backs. If anything things like that would be coming out of club regarding the financiers pulling out. We don't have that. As for Evatt, that's his opinion, what he sees as clear, is for the rest of us less clear.

In fact, regardless of whether we go up this season, I see us having made progress both on the pitch and off the pitch. It's not all as binary as success defined by going up or down. We've been making progress on the training pitch, squad quality, etc.
dave the minion wrote:
Evatt isn't clearly at any point, other than at the point where he is a manager of a good team having a good season, but is also struggling under the weight of injuries... You're so very predictable with your doom & gloom - I suppose as we've had a week off you haven't got any of the players in your sights, so you simply move over to the manager not being good enough.....
He's been flagging issues with the manager for a while now. Perhaps he's taken his aims elsewhere since he was targeting Rico and others previously.
dave the minion wrote:
Financial position is an issue, as it is for virtually ever other club in the division, but maybe more so with us due to the ambitions of all involved to get us up the pyramid. You know what they say about don't assume anything (as it makes an ass out fo U & me...) - unless you tell me otherwise none of us have a scooby what is happening behind the scenes with investors and funding etc. What we do know is we appear to have the savviest and most sensible owners in a while, so lets trust them to do the right thing shall we and leave conjecture out of it.
Thankfully, a bad set of financial results doesn't turn our progress into a downward trend.
dave the minion wrote:
As far today's game - of course it will be tough. And what do you mean "after the last few weeks"? The last week is the first time in months we've had a break, a chance to reset and a chance to work for prolonged periods on the training ground. All the games are tough from here on unfortunately...
Indeed, and the Derby result gives us plenty of room to be optimistic.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm

‘be reet. 2-1

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 pm

Forrester and Jerome(!) in:

Coleman (GK), Dacres-Cogley, Forrester, Almeida Santos (Capt), Toal, Ogbeta, Sheehan, Thomason, Maghoma, Collins, Jerome

Subs: Hutchinson (GK), Iredale, Ashworth, Ramsay, Morley, Dempsey, Böðvarsson