Five Year EFL Deal: Death of the 3pm?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Five Year EFL Deal: Death of the 3pm?

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed May 15, 2024 1:05 am

Mar wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 am
Love what she's trying to do. Her desire and ability to do good far outweighs her ability to answer succinctly.

I'd much rather her carry on about the good she is trying to do rather than some of the others who have clear self interest.
I can understand that. It's a personal taste thing. I'm delighted other people love her passion, which is clearly there. I'm not a fan of "me, me, me." It's the same reason I don't like Evatt as a person.

Glad they're both at the club, though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 15, 2024 6:41 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:53 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:31 pm
Put this here as it's about the wider football "settlement" but I see Shazza has had some pretty strong words for the parliament select committee dealing with the proposed new regulator, about the "greed" of the big clubs.
I think she's right, though I found her extremely trying. She was asked concise, direct questions and only wanted to talk about herself and her own goals/achievements. I think if that were the chairman of another football club we'd all be rolling our eyes.
I absolutely loved her passion but did find it frustrating when she was asked questions like ‘what specifically needs to be in the bill’ the answer was just ‘well common sense’. I’m paraphrasing but it was not an answer. The Cambridge United guy was like ‘we need x,y and z’. Thats what these committees need specific points to feed into the legislative process.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed May 15, 2024 8:30 am

sharron-removebg-preview (1).png
sharron-removebg-preview (1).png (31.25 KiB) Viewed 198 times
My personal favourite.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 am

Politicians answer that innit “more common sense” - up there with ‘make it less woke!’.

Sharon is passionate about the club, is a good, honest person and fundamentally fantastic for BWFC. She’s obviously highly regarded to be up in front of the committee as well - so thumbs up from me.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 15, 2024 8:57 am

Not sure the timing of this is great - If she highly vocal of the Greed of the Premier League clubs and is calling them out, she's also calling out the EFL board who pander to the PL clubs and bend to their will every time.

With a play off final around the corner, and with the powerful reach of the Premier League throughout the football pyramid, I'd rather she kept her thoughts to herself for a few days at least...

A guy in a video truck may just get a word in his ear....
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 am

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 8:57 am
Not sure the timing of this is great - If she highly vocal of the Greed of the Premier League clubs and is calling them out, she's also calling out the EFL board who pander to the PL clubs and bend to their will every time.

With a play off final around the corner, and with the powerful reach of the Premier League throughout the football pyramid, I'd rather she kept her thoughts to herself for a few days at least...

A guy in a video truck may just get a word in his ear....
I suspect the bigger thing is her ‘well do we even want to go up’ bit. I get the point she was trying to make but Gartside had a decade of criticism for something he never actually said so saying that in parliament…a few days before a game…not sure on the wisdom of that.

The issue is that her answers weren’t ’politicians answers’ they were just waffle really about her own experiences which is useful but not to questions about specifics.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:05 am
Mar wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 am
Love what she's trying to do. Her desire and ability to do good far outweighs her ability to answer succinctly.

I'd much rather her carry on about the good she is trying to do rather than some of the others who have clear self interest.
I can understand that. It's a personal taste thing. I'm delighted other people love her passion, which is clearly there. I'm not a fan of "me, me, me." It's the same reason I don't like Evatt as a person.

Glad they're both at the club, though.
Totally understand that. I don't think it's a case of all about 'me, me, me'. I think it's more than that. I think she's genuinely trying to make the most of the situation and constantly talking about using the platform to help others. It's hardly me, me, me. It seems more like her pushing the project forward by using it as a sales pitch for people to come on board.

For some potential investors that may have been their first glimpse of Sharon, and what came across was well intentioned. It's hard not to be warmed by her aims. Sure she's not perfect, but the good she's trying to do and the approach that she takes should be a really good driver for filling in the gaps and the fine tuning. Sure she might not be detail oriented in her answers (referring to things like common sense), but that's certainly something that having a good set of people around her should be able to help resolve.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 15, 2024 10:48 pm

I'm missing what the drama is? I mean, Garty's was a corker on that I understand the drama...