SCOTT CARSON

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm

bettyrasta wrote:
Puskas wrote:
trotter wrote:How can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?
Is that a joke?
I don't know, how can you go from Scott Carson to a sheep?
Is it "To get to the other side?" or maybe just "You can't" and it's a rubbish joke.
He was born in Cumbria - look no further......it's hereditary

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Can you read anything into the fact that Scott Carson has been given the squad number of 88 at Liverpool?

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:50 pm

trotter wrote:Can you read anything into the fact that Scott Carson has been given the squad number of 88 at Liverpool?
Isn't that 'Two fat ladies' in Bingo talk? Could be a veiled insult and an attempt to force him out of the club.

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:13 pm

I predict and hope we sign Scott Carson and get rid of Jussi who is not commiting himself to the club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:15 pm

8 is Carsons lucky number?

Yesterday Sammy Lee seemed fairly adamant on Sky that Jussi will be here till the end of next season!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:22 pm

trotter wrote:Can you read anything into the fact that Scott Carson has been given the squad number of 88 at Liverpool?
He must have asked for it, or that'd be a right old slap in the chops.

Ida thought 88 would be a more popular number among right-wingers than goalkeepers... :shock:

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:27 pm

I must have been hoping too much - hope I am still right though and 8 is not his lucky number.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm

I remember reading that Gigi Buffon tried to wear 88 at some point, but was chastised because of its fascist connotations. H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, so 88 = HH = "Heil Hitler" in Italy, apparently. If I recall correctly, one of the first signs that Diouf was on his way out of Anfield was that he wasn't given a squad number at all. So, it would seem Carson is not being put up for sale, but is in fact just an asshole :wink:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 pm

perhaps he likes 3sums with fat lesbians
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:25 pm

:lol:

2 fat ladies, you and your mother

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Batman wrote::lol:

2 fat ladies, you and your mother
are you talking to me, oh toothless one?

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

NumptyNumbNuts
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NumptyNumbNuts » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I posted last week that we're trialing a young Hungarian keeper at the moment. No further details though.
Stick to the topic Tango or you'll get a size-9 up yer rectum...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:05 pm

NumptyNumbNuts wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I posted last week that we're trialing a young Hungarian keeper at the moment. No further details though.
:shock:

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:06 pm

NumptyNumbNuts wrote:

This site has taken a strangely erotioc turn recently.

I must say I like it!

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Back to the beginning then lads, not to get too carried away, all I was saying was that Carson needs games and he is within our budget and Jussi is not for signing a new contract, I just hope Jussi does not make an error early on in the season has this will bring on the boo-boys and his confidence will suffer.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:40 pm

trotter wrote:Back to the beginning then lads, not to get too carried away, all I was saying was that Carson needs games and he is within our budget and Jussi is not for signing a new contract, I just hope Jussi does not make an error early on in the season has this will bring on the boo-boys and his confidence will suffer.
I think Sammy will be looking for a new keeper, but as a number three or four. I honestly think Al will be given a good few chances to prove himself Jussi's replacement, and Carson is not going to be a number three in a squad.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Ali Ab Habsi - it is true the lad has not been seen but our next 10 seasons could be taken care of if we sign Scott Carson.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:09 pm

trotter wrote:Ali Ab Habsi - it is true the lad has not been seen but our next 10 seasons could be taken care of if we sign Scott Carson.
Big gamble in my opinion. It's stupid to write off the likes of Al-Habsi who no-one has even seen (except warthog). Al-Habsi has not featured due to the fine form of Jussi. I'm sure we'll see more of him this season. By all accounts, we have a more than capable understudy in the Oman International, and it would be folly to spend a good £3-£4m on a 'keeper who can be quite error prone.

Anyone ever consider that the reason Jussi has been so good and so consistent is directly because of the challenge mounted by Al-Habsi?
Smarties have answers.....

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Bench wrote:
trotter wrote:Ali Ab Habsi - it is true the lad has not been seen but our next 10 seasons could be taken care of if we sign Scott Carson.
Big gamble in my opinion. It's stupid to write off the likes of Al-Habsi who no-one has even seen (except warthog). Al-Habsi has not featured due to the fine form of Jussi. I'm sure we'll see more of him this season. By all accounts, we have a more than capable understudy in the Oman International, and it would be folly to spend a good £3-£4m on a 'keeper who can be quite error prone.

Anyone ever consider that the reason Jussi has been so good and so consistent is directly because of the challenge mounted by Al-Habsi?
or.. that being a model pro, he's spotted that he cover isn't up to much so he can't afford to lose form as we'd be fecked without him?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:12 pm

Quite possibly.

Your guess is as good as mine, ol' son.
Smarties have answers.....