Megson Out - Who Next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Next Manager

Mark Hughes
62%
Paul Jewell
4%
Alan Irvine
No votes
Owen Coyle
11%
Billy Davies
2%
Darren Ferguson
5%
Ian Dowie
No votes
Graeme Penis
4%
Neil Warnock
1%
Me & my Mum
8%
Other...................
4%

Total votes: 106

klasnic17
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnic17 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:30 pm

NWhiteley wrote:
klasnic17 wrote: i wud settle for coppell or even reid
:shock: :eh:
cant do any worse than megson theyre not my top choices as i sed hughes or curbs wud be my preferred choices just a back up plan if we cant get them

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 pm

The Bolton News has mentioned Dean Holdsworth!

Mark Hughes would be my choice, I hope that the board agree.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Wait, he suggests Reid and Coppell, and COPPELL is the one you have a problem with? *Shudders* No ta to Reidy, yesterdays man, and if we are going for a yesterdays man with a romantic history with us, we might as well go the whole hog and get Rioch. Hughes, Bilic, Ferguson, Curbs, Dave Jones. They are who I'd be happy with. Anyone else, well, they'd get my backing, but perhaps not my imagination (discounting Coyle who I don't think we have any chance of getting).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

NWhiteley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NWhiteley » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:Wait, he suggests Reid and Coppell, and COPPELL is the one you have a problem with? *Shudders* No ta to Reidy, yesterdays man, and if we are going for a yesterdays man with a romantic history with us, we might as well go the whole hog and get Rioch. Hughes, Bilic, Ferguson, Curbs, Dave Jones. They are who I'd be happy with. Anyone else, well, they'd get my backing, but perhaps not my imagination (discounting Coyle who I don't think we have any chance of getting).
Nope, Coppell isnt the only one i have a problem with, but there is a chance that we will get Reid forced upon us, and i didnt want to sound too negative about a manager who could be favourite, (if you believe the papers etc) to be OUR new manager in the near future.
Last edited by NWhiteley on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Fair enough. I wouldn't want Coppell but I'd prefer him to Reid. I really, really hope it's not Reid, coz if it is, we're going down.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

NWhiteley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NWhiteley » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:Fair enough. I wouldn't want Coppell but I'd prefer him to Reid. I really, really hope it's not Reid, coz if it is, we're going down.
I dont thint that is a cert, but it is more likely than if someone like Hughes was to take over.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:Fair enough. I wouldn't want Coppell but I'd prefer him to Reid. I really, really hope it's not Reid, coz if it is, we're going down.
Reid's got a good record of turning clubs round in the short term - he stopped trainwreck Leeds going down. It's when he spends money you have to watch. If he came in on a six-month contract while we tacitly invited the world to apply for the job next summer, I wouldn't be delighted but I wouldn't be distraught.

Coppell's not a bad manager either, but he tends to take longer to settle and I think we might need a bit more jollity about the place.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Reid's got a good record of turning clubs round in the short term - he stopped trainwreck Leeds going down. It's when he spends money you have to watch. If he came in on a six-month contract while we tacitly invited the world to apply for the job next summer, I wouldn't be delighted but I wouldn't be distraught.

Coppell's not a bad manager either, but he tends to take longer to settle and I think we might need a bit more jollity about the place.
But he hasn't really managed ifor any length of time n the top flight since the days of George Graham.

A man on the fringe of football.

klasnic17
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnic17 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:40 pm

i neva sed they were my top choices and btw if it came between reid and coppell id take coppell i think hes a decent manager but obviously hughes is my top choice and curbishley a close second to that

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

But he hasn't really managed for any length of time n the top flight since the days of George Graham.

A man on the fringe of football.

klasnic17
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnic17 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 pm

is jewell out of the running please say so tht would be an awful appointment

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:04 am

Sammy McIlroy.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:17 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Reid's got a good record of turning clubs round in the short term - he stopped trainwreck Leeds going down. It's when he spends money you have to watch.
Why does that sound so familiar?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Its being reported that Curbishly is being interviewed on Tuesday.

If true ?, he'll do for me if we can't get Hughes....

Probably in most people's top 3 of possible managers and I suspect most would see Curbs as a improvement on GM

Tin Lizzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tin Lizzy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Yes Curbs would be in my top 3 but I didn't think he would move north.

youngmc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youngmc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Megson the Messiah thread.
Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:03 pm
Watch this space, little Bird tells me Peter Reid may

its was a done deal then and it is now. :P
CHOO CHOO CHOOCHOO TRAIN!

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Its being reported that Curbishly is being interviewed on Tuesday.

If true ?, he'll do for me if we can't get Hughes....

Probably in most people's top 3 of possible managers and I suspect most would see Curbs as a improvement on GM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-job.html
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Not in my top 3, even without Hughes. Marginally ahead of Reid/Dowie but that's about it.

Tin Lizzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tin Lizzy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:56 pm

So which other managers have had a lengthy career at Premiership level with little failure and are available? Dowie and Reid were last seen failing in the championship and would struggle to get a job in that league.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Tuesday? We're not in a rush then.