Wanderers' Badge

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Wanderers' Badge

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:16 am

Okay, we've had discussions about the badge we've currently got before... and indeed, I call for the return of the old crest or at least, a removable of those dreadful ribbons that make our logo look like a fat headed sperm.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, we've got a range of clothing out at the minute which is pretty tatty (some with an awful TRTS written across to symbolise 'Trotters', but sadly, looking more like 'tarts') but has a half decent badge on it.

To cut a long story short... how about a variant on that for a new BWFC badge for the shirts?
Viva La Portable Radio!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: Wanderers' Badge

Post by William the White » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:24 am

mofgimmers wrote:Okay, we've had discussions about the badge we've currently got before... and indeed, I call for the return of the old crest or at least, a removable of those dreadful ribbons that make our logo look like a fat headed sperm.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, we've got a range of clothing out at the minute which is pretty tatty (some with an awful TRTS written across to symbolise 'Trotters', but sadly, looking more like 'tarts') but has a half decent badge on it.

To cut a long story short... how about a variant on that for a new BWFC badge for the shirts?
Could not be more right!

Those ribbons are puke. and the BWFC round logo is so out of date it has arthritis... Let's get really retro here and give the truly traditional a new and fresh life...

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Wanderers' Badge

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 am

mofgimmers wrote:Okay, we've had discussions about the badge we've currently got before... and indeed, I call for the return of the old crest or at least, a removable of those dreadful ribbons that make our logo look like a fat headed sperm.

Looks nice and contemporary.

Maybe a suggestion to be put to Danny Reuben at the club???

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 am

I'll have a look for an email address for him

(unless someone has it to hand of course)
Viva La Portable Radio!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 am

Looks like an advert for a larger!!!! :cry:

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 am

Hobinho wrote:Looks like an advert for a larger!!!! :cry:
I know Kev's not the slimmest of blokes but that's a bit harsh.
Viva La Portable Radio!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 am

A larger what?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
A larger what?
:oops:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:00 am

Don't worry - there are many who say all drinks should be larger. :wink:

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:06 am

I've sent an email to Tony Kelly (for what use it'll do) with the caveat of 'feel free to send this on to whoever it's most relevant to'.

Basically, I think something like the elephant and castle logo actually ties us in to the town, as opposed to the current badge which looks pretty embarrassing on MOTD.
Viva La Portable Radio!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 am

Whenever this issue comes up I always suggest taking a look at TOFFS . . . I love my 1958 cup final shirt.

http://www.toffs.com/invt/1033

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:55 am

H. Pedersen wrote:Whenever this issue comes up I always suggest taking a look at TOFFS . . . I love my 1958 cup final shirt.

http://www.toffs.com/invt/1033
This.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:18 am

Quite like that new emblem though, always wanted the elephant back. One of my favourite animals.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 am

If I'm honest I still prefer the old 'Lancashire rose' with the BWFC sat on top, only becuase that's my era of football, nothing against the glorius 1958 Cup Winners, it's just I was negative 20 at that point in my life
Pfffft.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 am

I like the ribbons.

And a big "No" to the elephants. Whoever won anything with elephants? If you want elephants go to the circus (or hippodrome. Possibly, although they may just have hippos there).

Keep the curly BWFC, keep the ribbons, get rid of the elephants.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:09 am

There's a problem with any inclusion of the red rose of Lancashire. Sadly, Bolton isn't in Lancashire anymore (I know, I know, it grates me as well). That means our old badges probably wouldn't be considered by the club.

That said, football clubs like to be seen as 'forward thinking' and we've rebranded on quite a few occasions in the past. If the club were thinking about a new badge, they'd want something simple and direct (which usually translates to: 'can kids draw it on their school-bags easily enough?') which is where the '58 crest falls down. The 1877 emblem is not only a neat piece of design, but it also links back to the Bolton town crest and it's also got a nice retro feel about it (and we all like retro stuff... look at the initial jealousy we all had concerning Burnley's kit).
Viva La Portable Radio!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 am

Good point Mof, the new design just doesn't cut it. It looks ridiculous. Let's go retro
Pfffft.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:46 am

Of course, this is all hot-air. I'm merely opening the thing up for debate as the club have shown no sign at all that the current badge is going to change.
Viva La Portable Radio!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 am

mofgimmers wrote:There's a problem with any inclusion of the red rose of Lancashire. Sadly, Bolton isn't in Lancashire anymore (I know, I know, it grates me as well). That means our old badges probably wouldn't be considered by the club.

That said, football clubs like to be seen as 'forward thinking' and we've rebranded on quite a few occasions in the past. If the club were thinking about a new badge, they'd want something simple and direct (which usually translates to: 'can kids draw it on their school-bags easily enough?') which is where the '58 crest falls down. The 1877 emblem is not only a neat piece of design, but it also links back to the Bolton town crest and it's also got a nice retro feel about it (and we all like retro stuff... look at the initial jealousy we all had concerning Burnley's kit).

Simply not true.

From an administartive perspective, we are in Greater Manchester. No-one ever moved the Lancashire boundary. And even if I'm wrong, Lancs CCC play in Manchester, nd they use the Red Rose. We can, and we should.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 am

And that's an argument I'm going to use.

Cheers cocker.
Viva La Portable Radio!