Play at The Reebok!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Footballaid2011
Hopeful
Hopeful

Play at The Reebok!

Post by Footballaid2011 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Football Aid 2011 – Play at the Reebok Stadium!

Bolton Wanderers have once again joined forces with Football Aid, allowing football fans the opportunity to play on the hallowed turf at The Reebok Stadium in 2011, while raising vital funds for charity at the same time.

Football Aid offers fans the opportunity to Live the Dream of an authentic match day experience; to gain exclusive access to the pitch and tunnel areas, pull on their own personalised shirt in the official changing rooms, walk down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and ultimately to step out onto their Field of Dreams and represent their club in a never to be forgotten 90 minute match.

The matches have also been supported by a host of Trotters legends down the years, with the likes of Mike Whitlow, Dave Lee, Tony Kelly and Scott Green all lending their valuable experience in recent years, by playing alongside or managing the supporters in the hugely enjoyable matches at The Reebok Stadium.

Booking your position couldn’t be easier, just visit www.footballaid.com and choose your club, then you’ll have two ways to secure your Fixed Price position: Option 1: ‘Buy Now’ - Our quickest and most popular option, or Option 2: ‘Sponsored to Play’ - Pay a non-refundable £100 deposit to secure your position and then simply pay off the remaining balance anytime before 14th December.

So if you're keen to secure your place on your Field of Dreams early this season, why not visit www.footballaid.com today to make sure you're ahead of the crowd! Alternatively if you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on 0131 220 5999 or email [email protected].

Football Aid celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2010 and have allowed over 11,000 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in more than 420 matches. They are a groundbreaking organisation which generates funds annually by hosting charity football matches at iconic stadiums all over the UK. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from the event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by the club, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm

I played in the 2009 match and enjoyed it, despite the rain and having a bad half a game in an unfamiliar left wing position (David Lee was left back and pretty much every other position). Nearly scored though... nearly...

Got a big arm in the back by big Mike Whitlow which was an authentic experience :D
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:50 pm

How much is it? Can't see without registering
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:How much is it? Can't see without registering
£450 per position. I was thinking about going for it, student finance permitting.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:03 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
£450 per position. I was thinking about going for it, student finance permitting.
student finance stretches to £450 to play football??????

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:13 pm

thebish wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
student finance stretches to £450 to play football??????
For 45 minutes? Jesus... I'm lucky that I don't need to pay to play football..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:33 pm

i played last season, think was £280 for 1st half centre mid but some people didn't turn up so got full 90...it was probably the hottest day of the year so was hard work. Tony Kelly and Scott Green were the legends. Tony Kelly is a funny man, told some good stories from back in the rioch days

I'd recommend it definitely but £480 for half sounds steep, must be 90 mins for that price.

at the end of the bidding if all places haven't sold they take offers for the positions left so you could get a bargain but may miss out altogether

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:40 pm

'Legends' is fcuking stretching it

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

all in the eye of the beholder

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:01 pm

It is indeed 90 minutes for your near half grand. And yes, student finance DOES indeed stretch to that, providing I go without the non-essential things, y'know...like books, and pens, and food...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:18 pm

truewhite15 wrote:It is indeed 90 minutes for your near half grand. And yes, student finance DOES indeed stretch to that, providing I go without the non-essential things, y'know...like books, and pens, and food...
What the f*ck do you think you are doing?! Crayons, Verbals, myself, and every other student who has graced these boards spent hours and hours cultivating the student image, and you go and give the bastard game away. I'm shocked and/or offended.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:It is indeed 90 minutes for your near half grand. And yes, student finance DOES indeed stretch to that, providing I go without the non-essential things, y'know...like books, and pens, and food...
What the f*ck do you think you are doing?! Crayons, Verbals, myself, and every other student who has graced these boards spent hours and hours cultivating the student image, and you go and give the bastard game away. I'm shocked and/or offended.
:lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Actually, I'd counter that you've destroyed the image. I could quite easily have been joking :twisted:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:26 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Actually, I'd counter that you've destroyed the image. I could quite easily have been joking :twisted:
...so was I? :oops:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
In which case, we've blown each other's cover, and are poor excuses for students. Damn.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
In which case, we've blown each other's cover, and are poor excuses for students. Damn.
The education system in this country, I tell thee.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:18 pm

To be honest Pru, I think we mave have slipped up on one or two occasions previously.... :oops:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:To be honest Pru, I think we mave have slipped up on one or two occasions previously.... :oops:
Us getting pissed in various European cities watching Wanderers is a stretch from pasta and baked beans in a hovel every night I suppose.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Footballaid2011
Hopeful
Hopeful

Football Aid 2011 - Play at the Reebok

Post by Footballaid2011 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am

Hi guys,

Nice to see a few of you have played in a Football Aid game before; to clarify any questions regarding price for positions if you click on the following link http://www.footballaid.com/events/view/82/game-1.html that will take you directly to the Bolton page.

If you scroll down on this page and either hover over a specific position, or select 'Data View', you can see the individual price for each position on the pitch. Prices start from £250 for a 45min position, up to £450 for a 90min position.

Any further questions, just let me know.

Kind Regards,
Footballaidman

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:53 am

Could be a good investment as I'd easily surpass Steinsson at right back these days and impress Coyle. My lucrative contract would pay off the £450 in about twelve hours.

Probably fail to get a work permit though.