I come in peace... i.e. a Manchester United fan

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nat_bwfcuk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by nat_bwfcuk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 pm

1) in my eyes a 5th place finish would be superb but I think I misunderstand your question. I actually think you will finish second but anything but 1st and we will see yet more Chelsea shirts appearing here in Worsley!

2) a good season for BWFC would be top half but I think we will miss out and finish 11th.

3) Player to watch is Muamba. He may not be the best going forward but he is the rock that sits ahead of our defence and without cheating from the scousers last season, he would have kept gerrard outfit the full 90mins.

4) no signings from the summer are standing out yet but we seem to have found a new guy who can score goals, Elmander I think his name is.

5) I think it would be wrong to say that we fear any player. However we all know Rooney loves to correct his bad form against us.

6) a few players have something to prove to various sections of the BWFC fans by I agree with the concesus that Elmander has to keep scoring. Great start to the season but no-good if he goes back to previous from now until may.

7) I'm hoping for a point here but realistically you always beat us by a heavy margin at home. So 3-0 to you lot.

8) he is in general respectful of our club so will give him that. He is no Wenger... Thank God. Not sure the world could cope with more than o e of him!!!

9)hmmm fans. Hate most of those I know. Send stupid wind up messages when you beat us but can't take losing! Mostly hypocritical and extremely disrespectful to us "lower" clubs. And yeah as said previously, slating the Glazer regime yet paying money to the club shop to buy Norwich scarves in protest! Talk about thick!!

10) we couldn't afford the wages so no point answering.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I come in peace... i.e. a Manchester United fan

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

1. What do you think would be a good season for United? And where do you think we will finish in the league?

Second. I'd put money on it. You have less than Chelsea but more than Arsenal from what I've seen. Of course, it's still early days and Chelsea are yet to play a decent side but I don't expect to see them giving away any two-goal leads.

2. What do you think would be a good season for Bolton Wanderers? And where do you think you will finish in the league?

Mid table will be fine for me. A good season? Mid-table and a run to one of the finals I'd say would be a good season

3. Who is your one player to watch?

Zat Knight. You need to see with your own eyes just how shit he is

4. Who is your best signing of the summer?

Well, we haven't seen them all play yet, but Petrov so far.

5. Which United player do you fear most?

I'd say Berbatov. He skulks around all afternoon with his hands in his pockets and then just when you think he's not worth bothering with - up he pops (like his winner in the 90 odth at The Bok a couple of years ago).

6. Which of your players has something to prove this season?

Johan Elmander, and the early indications are quite promising

7. What will the score be when we meet?

2-2, with you to go two up and give it away again.

8. What do you think of Sir Alex Ferguson as a manager?

Excellent. The best in the business by a mile

9. How do you rate our support ? Do you like/dislike United fans?

Fans that turn out and know their stuff? No worries. Wankers that couldn't find O/T from Lou Macari's chippy but bang on about what a great club Utd are and question why I support my hometown team? I could set light to them

10. If you could take one of our players for your team, who would it be?

Vidic
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:16 am

Owenzy wrote:Hey there. I'm a member on a Manchester United forum called manutdtalk.com and before the game next week, I've been asked to come over and get a view from the Bolton fans on here with regards the following questions. Hope everyone answers truthfully and if one of you guys want to come over to manutdtalk and ask the same type of questions, then there are no probs.
Thanks in advance.

1. What do you think would be a good season for United? And where do you think we will finish in the league?

2. What do you think would be a good season for Bolton Wanderers? And where do you think you will finish in the league?

:vomit:

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:56 am

Good has to be 1st, but I don't think that will be obtainable this season. 2nd because Arsenal will inevitably crumble when it comes to the business end of things.

Good season would be mid-table, but avoiding relegation is all that really matters. I am confident we will achieve the latter goal.

Dan Smith, breaker of legs.

Petrov/Klasnic, but one has been underachieving and one hasn't had any League minutes yet.

Scholes. You'd be lost without him.

Undoubtedly Elmander, although Petrov seems extremely eager to make an impression.

2-0 to you in the first half but the score ending 2-2.

No one can deny his managerial success.

From my experiences browsing redcafe, the majority of you are asshats. Of course as many others have pointed out, this may not be representative of your true fanbase.

I'm pretty sure Coyle would take Scholes to make the midfield tick. However he doesn't have much mileage left in him so I would have to say Vidic.

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 am

1st but think you will finish 2nd behind Chelsea

Top 10 but i think we will finish around 10th-12th

Lee

Petrov

Scholes

Taylor, Elamnder

3-1 United

Great manager but from a Bolton fans point of view, complete wanker

Depends, the pub fans/arm chair supporters are nobs but the fans who go all over are no different to any other fan.

Evra

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am

Hoboh wrote:
Owenzy wrote:Hey there. I'm a member on a Manchester United forum called manutdtalk.com and before the game next week, I've been asked to come over and get a view from the Bolton fans on here with regards the following questions. Hope everyone answers truthfully and if one of you guys want to come over to manutdtalk and ask the same type of questions, then there are no probs.
Thanks in advance.

:vomit:
i cant believe so many humoured the DMB.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks in advance.

:fingers:

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 am

Can't see anyone derailing Chelsea this season, Essien back is a huge bonus for them. Your not the same team without Ronaldo, his ability to destroy lesser teams has been missed. Nani can be good but is more miss than hit at the moment. Also Hargreaves is a big loss
, doubt you'd have chucked points away at Fulham & Everton had he been protecting the back four. Champions League, you'll do better than last year & reach the semi's but not sure if you'll win it.

First priority is to stay up and from what I've seen thus far, we'll do that. Midtable beckons.

3. Who is your one player to watch? I would say Cahill but as he'll be missing on Saturday. Super Kevin Davies, love watching his battles with Vidic, no quarter given, real blood and thunder stuff. Vidic plays SKD as well as anyone in the league, unlike Evra who I suspect would go on strike if he could.

4. Who is your best signing of the summer? He's not had a look in yet but Klasnic

5. Which United player do you fear most? Rooney obviously he's torn us apart on a few occasions.

6. Which of your players has something to prove this season? Elmander, he's had a decent start but more than anything he needs to score
in the League at Home, something he has'nt managed since his debut. On Sunday would be as good a time as any.

7. What will the score be when we meet? If we win it'll probably be by the odd goal, if United win take you pick

8. What do you think of Sir Alex Ferguson as a manager? Always thought he'd do the business for you, so hate Mark Robbins for scoring the goal
that probably saved his skin. You've got to take your hat off for his record but to only have 2 Champions League trophies, only he says, I suspect
it irks Fergie far more than it does me. If & when he gets a 3rd I think that'll be the moment he steps aside, probably for Mourinho. I hate him only for
the success he's brought to your club, not jealously, it would just help to reduce the number of plastic glory hunting reds who live in Bolton. Wenger & Benitez now they're a different matter.

Could'nt put it any better than Kebab, who wrote

Which supporters? The season ticket holders who can hold a conversation and know their football? The football tourists who know nothing about the club and wear their Glazer Out scarves as they chuck money at the megastore? The smug ones who don't know who Ralph Milne is, yet proclaim to be a massive fan of the club 'cos they see you on telly more? You've got plenty of all of the above. As for liking or disliking, I don't mind the first lot, the rest can rot in hell. The best thing about you lot is that you don't support Arsenal.

10. If you could take one of our players for your team, who would it be? Rooney, on a football field the lad is a genius off it well..... to put it
mildly an idiot and a Scouse one at that.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Arrogant fcukers were all over our train to the Reebok game last year

I realised how suicide bombers can do what they do
Sto ut Serviam

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Attention Manchester United fan - even if you are here 'in peace', we don't like you.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Arrogant fcukers were all over our train to the Reebok game last year

Try getting a train to Bolton after a Man Utd home game (we'd been to Sheff Wed away), they're filled with glory-hunting w*nkers from Bolton, Preston and Blackpool :roll:
Troll and proud of it.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

as wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Arrogant fcukers were all over our train to the Reebok game last year

Try getting a train to Bolton after a Man Utd home game (we'd been to Sheff Wed away), they're filled with glory-hunting w*nkers from Bolton, Preston and Blackpool :roll:
Infinitely better than it used to be 15 years ago - when you went shopping in Bolton and every little scrote in the Supermarket was wearing a FRS shirt. WTF were their parents thinking of?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Well, you will shop in Morrisons
Sto ut Serviam

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Getting the train to Manchester for a night out AFTER the Anelka goal game was a highlight.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:51 pm

East Lower wrote:Getting the train to Manchester for a night out AFTER the Anelka goal game was a highlight.
I'd actually got a lift to the game with a Red bastard - the journey home was excellent. 8)

Not quite as good as walking up Trafford Road the night Worthy scored 2 against the feckers though.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
East Lower wrote:Getting the train to Manchester for a night out AFTER the Anelka goal game was a highlight.
I'd actually got a lift to the game with a Red bastard - the journey home was excellent. 8)

Not quite as good as walking up Trafford Road the night Worthy scored 2 against the feckers though.
I've signed a 'no piss taking' agreement with the two Burnley fans I'm travelling with tonight.....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 pm

East Lower wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I've signed a 'no piss taking' agreement with the two Burnley fans I'm travelling with tonight.....
which presumably (in the small print) is invalid if either side wins! :wink:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 pm

thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

which presumably (in the small print) is invalid if either side wins! :wink:
I had my fingers crossed behind my back 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 pm

East Lower wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

No, no and thrice no.

It's all about give n take. When we win give 'em shit all the way home and then tell them you'd have honoured the agreement only you've got a Judas complex. I'm sure they'll understand.

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Was quite the first game to go to. You gonna be at this one caps?