Photos of Nat Lofthouse outside Burnden Park ( 60's)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Photos of Nat Lofthouse outside Burnden Park ( 60's)

Post by jimmy gallego » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 pm

I have got some bonzer snaps of Nat Lofthouse when manager ( Never mind! ), I can't remember quite when. Late 60's, I would guess. They are taken in front of the turnstiles of the Embankment and of the north side of the Manchester Road Terrace.

I would like to make a few bob out of these pictures; but if I put them on'n't tinternet, that's the end of that.

I have 2 snaps at £1 a piece plus £1 P&P, what a wonderful way to decorate your chimney breast!

If you are interested, send an e-mail to [email protected], if this is not allowed on this website, sorry!
jimmy gallego

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmy gallego » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Sorry about this, but my wife thinks I'm a prat for this post, so just ignore it. I was a bit under the weather last night.
jimmy gallego

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:40 pm

jimmy gallego wrote:Sorry about this, but my wife thinks I'm a prat for this post, so just ignore it. I was a bit under the weather last night.
Right - you should be asking for ten pounds.....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 pm

If it's a nice shot and you had it/them blown up fairly big and put in a nice frame I might be interested. Something like that might make a good gift. It's hard to tell without seeing it though.

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmy gallego » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:08 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:If it's a nice shot and you had it/them blown up fairly big and put in a nice frame I might be interested. Something like that might make a good gift. It's hard to tell without seeing it though.
these pictures were taken by a friend for a newspaper article, and i had them framed for my dad. i'll scan them and send them for everyone to have a look at. they are a blast from the past.
jimmy gallego

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 am

jimmy gallego wrote: these pictures were taken by a friend for a newspaper article, and i had them framed for my dad. i'll scan them and send them for everyone to have a look at. they are a blast from the past.
I wanted to jump on on this point when you opened the thread but couldn't be bothered but you've just confirmed what I wanted to know. These are not yours to sell. They are your friends property (or possibly even the newspapers) and only he (or they) can sell them. What makes you think you have a right to make money off his work? Intellectual property rights are jealously guarded and can cost a lot of money! Be very careful touting them around.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 am

if he sold them to the newspapser as a freelance photographer OR (more likely) he was paid as the newspaper photographer - then the rights to the photographs are almost certainly the property of the newspaper, surely?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 pm

^ yes, possibly the newspaper owns the rights depending on the photographer's terms and conditions when he took the images. Things have changed enormously since the 60's, of course, but copyright does still exist on these images and as I said earlier that will rest either with the photographer or the newspaper but certainly not with JG who just happens to have a copy.

I've said before on here, twice in the last couple of years when someone has inadvertently posted a Getty Images photograph, that mis-use can cost thousands. I make a substantial part of my income by selling photographs (Rights Free) so I do tend to take exception when I see liberties being taken.

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmy gallego » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 pm

clapton is god wrote:^ yes, possibly the newspaper owns the rights depending on the photographer's terms and conditions when he took the images. Things have changed enormously since the 60's, of course, but copyright does still exist on these images and as I said earlier that will rest either with the photographer or the newspaper but certainly not with JG who just happens to have a copy.

I've said before on here, twice in the last couple of years when someone has inadvertently posted a Getty Images photograph, that mis-use can cost thousands. I make a substantial part of my income by selling photographs (Rights Free) so I do tend to take exception when I see liberties being taken.
dear friend,

your objections concerning copywrite were the ones put forcefully to me by my wife, and i, of course, agreed straight away.

however, you know that millions of images are freely available on the web, on all sorts of topics.

how do you feel about me making them available here for others to enjoy?
jimmy gallego

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:55 pm

distribute em for free you tight get! share the love!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Randy Watson wrote:distribute em for free you tight get! share the love!
See, that's a fine idea for a thread, is that. Share your Wanderers pics from over the years. I've still got one of Dean Crombie slotting it home v Torquay at Wembley, taken from my seat. It'll need both finding and scanning, like.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
See, that's a fine idea for a thread, is that. Share your Wanderers pics from over the years. I've still got one of Dean Crombie slotting it home v Torquay at Wembley, taken from my seat. It'll need both finding and scanning, like.
I've got a few of Jussi picking the ball out of the net on multiple occasions against Oldham in the pre-season :-(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I've got a few of Jussi picking the ball out of the net on multiple occasions against Oldham in the pre-season :-(
Gerrum up, lad!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gerrum up, lad!

Probably tells you all you need to know about that particular game :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gerrum up, lad!

That we got f*cked on the counter, by the look of it! :shock:

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gerrum up, lad!

im getting this beaut framed!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmy gallego » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:35 pm

i had no idea you could put photos on the website, and at this moment, have no idea how to do it.

while i get myself a camera (digital), and nip over to my old man's and snap the snaps, would someone give me step by step instrocionnes how to get them into the public domaine?

i have come to this tecnology late in life, but it'sw never too late to learn, is it?
jimmy gallego

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:52 pm

jimmy gallego wrote:i had no idea you could put photos on the website, and at this moment, have no idea how to do it.

while i get myself a camera (digital), and nip over to my old man's and snap the snaps, would someone give me step by step instrocionnes how to get them into the public domaine?

i have come to this tecnology late in life, but it'sw never too late to learn, is it?
Putting photos on requires uploading them to an imaging site like Photobucket and using the [img]url[/img] feature. There are more details in a sticky.
Putting something in the public domain is trickier. You can put your stuff in the public domain, but not other peoples without their permission. I'll leave it up to Clapton what happens if you take a picture of a picture...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmy gallego » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jimmy gallego wrote:i had no idea you could put photos on the website, and at this moment, have no idea how to do it.

Putting photos on requires uploading them to an imaging site like Photobucket and using the [img]url[/img] feature. There are more details in a sticky.
Putting something in the public domain is trickier. You can put your stuff in the public domain, but not other peoples without their permission. I'll leave it up to Clapton what happens if you take a picture of a picture...
so is that how those snaps of jussi looking pissed off were done? your advice on how to do this seems to be based on understanding things which i don't. step by step, 123, instructions are required by me to do anything, including wiping my a*r*.
jimmy gallego

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, I had hot linked the word "sticky" in my post to the FAQ (somehow you took out the coding), but I don't think the FAQ will help. Join an imaging site like Photobucket. Upload your image to it. It will give you a unique url for each pciture. Copy this. Start your post. When you want to insert your image, write [img]then%20paste%20the%20url%20in%20then%20write[/img]. That's the best I can do. You could 'quote' a post with a picture in it and just to see how the poster managed it.