Stoke at the Reebok...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 pm

stokie-staz wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
stokie-staz wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm sorry, but if that second Klasnic booking is a yellow card offence - then my word why were either of their centre halves still on the pitch? Never a fecking yellow
your team manhandled ours all afternoon, your fans gave it the big 'un and made them selves look like tits, you were lucky on and off the pitch, goodnight gentlemen

oh and p.s: your grounds to big for you :twisted:
I hope the CCTV's clear.
yeah should be quite a few asbo's handed out for your children 8)
Good. Means that less dickheads will be at our matches and the civilised amongst us can watch the match without any ridiculous behaviour. Or opposition fans reacting to 14 year old chavs chucking stuff at them.

And then, if your story about you being spat at by a 14 year old after charging our fans is true, you can enjoy your Saturdays at Ikea.
Last edited by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 pm

stokie-staz

m8 you talk some shit dont start the dirty team shit feck off back to your highly paid job with your tail between your legs

you got beat by a better team end off now feck off and annoy someone else i am trying to have a w@nk

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Knight got pushed (free kick if Davies had done it) and had no idea where the ball was that hit his arm. That's not deliberate handball by any stretch of imagination, even a Stoke one. Tight game and won by us. That's a fact and we have the points to prove it. Sour grapes from Stokers? Try looking over a few of the ref's decisions, absolutely ludicrous. Davies should have had half a dozen free kicks and as for the Klasnic sending off, did the same ref say anything about their player dragging Taylor around by his shirt that started it all? Bolton 2-Stoke 1, anyway you look at it, that's how it is.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:37 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Klasnic's second yellow is understandable. He looks at Delap before making the arm movement before jumping, and I don't mean in the "oh, he's there, so I'd better be up now" way. It's not violent, but it is designed to try and do some damage, regardless of whether he did or not. He's trying to be sly, but the ref's onto it. Sorry to say, I don't think he can have too many complaints.
I've just watched it

For me and having seen the preceding 93 minutes, Klasnic is looking after himself

He feared a whack and I'd guess he'd have got one

Note, he was yellow carded, so I'm not sure just what Walton saw
Sto ut Serviam

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:37 pm

stokie-staz wrote: i am not little and i am not a chav, i am almost certain i have a higher paid job than you!!
LOL

Great internet chat there.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Athers wrote:
stokie-staz wrote: i am not little and i am not a chav, i am almost certain i have a higher paid job than you!!
LOL

Great internet chat there.
It really is a top line

Internet greatness awaits
Sto ut Serviam

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Considering the numerous new threads concerning nothing in particular, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...chav?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:43 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Klasnic's second yellow is understandable. He looks at Delap before making the arm movement before jumping, and I don't mean in the "oh, he's there, so I'd better be up now" way. It's not violent, but it is designed to try and do some damage, regardless of whether he did or not. He's trying to be sly, but the ref's onto it. Sorry to say, I don't think he can have too many complaints.
I've just watched it

For me and having seen the preceding 93 minutes, Klasnic is looking after himself

He feared a whack and I'd guess he'd have got oneNote, he was yellow carded, so I'm not sure just what Walton saw
Thought the same Caps. End of the day I think it was a harsh second yellow, but probably understandable in the circumstances and "heat" of that particular moment.

It didn't matter as Eidur (who looked like an old man walking round a football field when he came on) put his effort straight in the wall.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:46 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Considering the numerous new threads concerning nothing in particular, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...chav?
They are no more.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 pm

haha stokie-staz making the victory roughly 96% more enjoyable

will sleep well tonight

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:06 am

Moment of the game in hindsight has to be the Stoke fans singing with an attempt at irony, "We only score from a throw in..." Probably missing that they'd scored off a that Brazilian of methods, a corner.. Later we scored off a throw in.. Sweet.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:12 am

Got to laugh at that Stoke lad,priceless.
As others have said can't see how that was deliberate handball from knight,he was falling over backwards from the push and directed the ball toward his own goal.
As for Klasnic ,biased as I am, think the ref got it right.No reason to be grabbing the lad by the throat for the first yellow and the second was a poor challenge,led with his elbow and looked like he had a little stamp too.Think he got a little overexcited after cracking in the winner.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:46 am

Athers wrote:Moment of the game in hindsight has to be the Stoke fans singing with an attempt at irony, "We only score from a throw in..." Probably missing that they'd scored off a that Brazilian of methods, a corner.. Later we scored off a throw in.. Sweet.
When was the last time they scored from a throw in anyway? I think team are now finding a key towards stopping the throw in - the player on the front post not standing so deep in the first place, and the keeper not coming for it, even if it lands 5 yards out, are my first two coaching points.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:07 am

If this Stoke Fan Forum thread isn't good enough reason to allow those Staffordshire inbreds to never have more a 1k tickets in any future season at the 'Bok I don't know what is. This is a throwback to the 80s when the hooligan element blighted English football and I can't genuinely remember the last time we saw violence on this scale in the Reebok, if ever! It's a disgrace and hope those involved get banned from football for a very long time!

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... 705&page=1
The Voice Of Reason

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 am

Klasnic may be a bit lazy, he may be unfit, he may be injury prone, he may be a unstable. But when we need a goal at the end of the game there isn't a player in the world I'd rather have taking those shots.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
I've just watched it

He feared a whack and I'd guess he'd have got oneNote, he was yellow carded, so I'm not sure just what Walton saw
Thought the same Caps. End of the day I think it was a harsh second yellow, but probably understandable in the circumstances and "heat" of that particular moment.

It didn't matter as Eidur (who looked like an old man walking round a football field when he came on) put his effort straight in the wall.
Second booking was never a booking for me. He had a look, but he didn't swing it, it wasn't dangerous, he just jumped. That said, as much as in my opinion it should never ever be a red card, his first booking I think most refs would send him for. He's a petulant sod. Overall the ref was terrible, both ways, not biased, just shit. Gave nothing at all.

As for the trouble, in the ground was at the far end, but it seems no-one else was around Scott's and The Harvester afterwards where it kicked off big time. Massive crowd of Stokies being herded towards the train station, along the main road on the other side of that fence/hedge thing, singing some predictable Wanky Waderers song, don't think they realised Scotts was there. Some daft cow sat outside Harvester shouted 'White Army', then legged it, chant went up, their lot came right up to the fence doing the whole hard man 'come on then' thing, some pissed up Bolton chavs went right up to the fence doing the whole hard man 'come on then' thing, then to their apparent surprise, the Stoke fans did indeed 'come on', there were pint glasses, chairs being lobbed about, fence panels ripped out, I saw one skinhead, couldnt tell which 'side' he was on swing a big fence slat and break it over someone's head, blood, and all sorts. Two bouncers ran in to sort it, another legged it to get the po-po, who casually sauntered over and arrested about two people from a huuuuge melee. Completely embarrassing. It isn't a case of 'us' or 'them', rather a case of how quickly can our dickheads and their dickheads find each other. Plus side was, everybody came out to watch so we quickly ran in to an empty bar. Result.

As for the game, we played all right. First ones over to Klasnic should have been KD, who missed the headline goal, and Petrov whose fecking ridiculous backhell that led to their goal cements his reputation as a complete liability in our half. Steinsson takes some blame for losing his man, but that sometimes happens, I backheel in your own third is unforgivable, and he almost gave it away in similar situations earlier. Don't get the Taylor bashing, again. He was OK when he came on, nothing more, but a marked improvement on Petrov in somuch he looked like he had a brain. Ref was dire, and whilst he didn't have a great game, you appreciate Davo all the more when he comes up against someone you know as well as Faye, and still wins every header, despite some agricultural defending. As for Stoke, well, Delap and Whitehead is possibly the worst central midfield in the world, but they are a handful up front, despite Jones being a shit whinging bastard, and a really really good back two. Huth is a dirty bastard though. Not much between the two teams until the last half hour where we took control. If we could combine Elmander's all round play with Klasnic's eye for a goal we'd have, well, Nico Anelka really. Wasn't a classic but worth watching. Ref gave fook all, either way which was sh*t, but still better than a Clattenburg freekick every ten secs job. As for their 'penalty', it's just a foul on Knight. Blatently.

One final thing, it's fashionable to slag Steinsson at the mo. He lost his man on their goal, but he's still one of the better right backs around, I wouldn't for instance, swap him for Stoke's, and he got booked today for doing what somebody should have done to Nani.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 am

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
I've just watched it

Second booking was never a booking for me. He had a look, but he didn't swing it, it wasn't dangerous, he just jumped. That said, as much as in my opinion it should never ever be a red card, his first booking I think most refs would send him for. He's a petulant sod. Overall the ref was terrible, both ways, not biased, just shit. Gave nothing at all.

As for the trouble, in the ground was at the far end, but it seems no-one else was around Scott's and The Harvester afterwards where it kicked off big time. Massive crowd of Stokies being herded towards the train station, along the main road on the other side of that fence/hedge thing, singing some predictable Wanky Waderers song, don't think they realised Scotts was there. Some daft cow sat outside Harvester shouted 'White Army', then legged it, chant went up, their lot came right up to the fence doing the whole hard man 'come on then' thing, some pissed up Bolton chavs went right up to the fence doing the whole hard man 'come on then' thing, then to their apparent surprise, the Stoke fans did indeed 'come on', there were pint glasses, chairs being lobbed about, fence panels ripped out, I saw one skinhead, couldnt tell which 'side' he was on swing a big fence slat and break it over someone's head, blood, and all sorts. Two bouncers ran in to sort it, another legged it to get the po-po, who casually sauntered over and arrested about two people from a huuuuge melee. Completely embarrassing. It isn't a case of 'us' or 'them', rather a case of how quickly can our dickheads and their dickheads find each other. Plus side was, everybody came out to watch so we quickly ran in to an empty bar. Result.

As for the game, we played all right. First ones over to Klasnic should have been KD, who missed the headline goal, and Petrov whose fecking ridiculous backhell that led to their goal cements his reputation as a complete liability in our half. Steinsson takes some blame for losing his man, but that sometimes happens, I backheel in your own third is unforgivable, and he almost gave it away in similar situations earlier. Don't get the Taylor bashing, again. He was OK when he came on, nothing more, but a marked improvement on Petrov in somuch he looked like he had a brain. Ref was dire, and whilst he didn't have a great game, you appreciate Davo all the more when he comes up against someone you know as well as Faye, and still wins every header, despite some agricultural defending. As for Stoke, well, Delap and Whitehead is possibly the worst central midfield in the world, but they are a handful up front, despite Jones being a shit whinging bastard, and a really really good back two. Huth is a dirty bastard though. Not much between the two teams until the last half hour where we took control. If we could combine Elmander's all round play with Klasnic's eye for a goal we'd have, well, Nico Anelka really. Wasn't a classic but worth watching. Ref gave fook all, either way which was sh*t, but still better than a Clattenburg freekick every ten secs job. As for their 'penalty', it's just a foul on Knight. Blatently.

One final thing, it's fashionable to slag Steinsson at the mo. He lost his man on their goal, but he's still one of the better right backs around, I wouldn't for instance, swap him for Stoke's, and he got booked today for doing what somebody should have done to Nani.
All in all a pretty fair summary of my feelings towards the game. But I didn't see any of the problems afterwards as I decided along with the missus to wait it out in and around the ground. No place for it in modern football.
Pfffft.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:55 am

I'm not sure re Steinsson. Too slow to pressure the attacker at times, and lots of needless crosses come in from his side. Ricketts must have a decent case for a recall at one point

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:04 am

i think the real disturbing thing to come out of all this is how many of you go the the match with yer missus!? wtf is all that about? :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:09 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm not sure re Steinsson. Too slow to pressure the attacker at times, and lots of needless crosses come in from his side. Ricketts must have a decent case for a recall at one point

:pray: :pray: :pray: Spot on he needs to learn his priorities