No More Drums Please

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SuperChung-Yong
Hopeful
Hopeful

No More Drums Please

Post by SuperChung-Yong » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Does anyone agree that it would be better without the drums?

I have a few reasons why I'd prefer them not to be there.

1) The guys have no sense of rythym, and playing the drums without a sense of rythym is like playing an out of tune piano, it hurts the ears.

2) They have started banging out "cheat" and "the referee's a wanker". Now when I'm sitting next to my nephew trying to teach him to show respect to people, I don't want Lofty The Lion and the drum nobheads encouraging him otherwise, it's pretty immature and insulting.

3) They don't actually start any chants - the crowd sort of awkwardly ignores them. This is why they've started to bang out the rubbish mentioned in 2).

4) It's a half-arsed, ineffective rouse to drum up a bit of atmosphere at the Reebok, bring back the fireworks and James Brown, at least it was positive encouragement rather than trying to stir up anger.

5) Sorry about that pun.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:43 pm

I agree with points 1, 3 and 4.

Although disagree with the bit about Lofty teaching anyone to swear as

1) He can't talk

2) He's family friendly - if it was Burnden Park Lofty or pre new Mascot rules Lofty I would agree
Pfffft.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:03 pm

My old favourite 'cheat' drumming was out when Fuller dislocated his shoulder yesterday and jumped straight in to an ambulance.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:17 pm

On the Lofty note - did anyone pay attention to LJ in front of the North Stand yesterday? Someone had obviously laced his morning cat food with speed...
And the point about the drums killing the atmosphere. I concede that I don't particularly like them, and they give us the overall look of a team actually plying it's trade a few divisions lower, but without them, from what I've seen, the atmosphere in the Reebok would be precisely null.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 pm

i would throw eggs at them if wouldnt get me banned.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:59 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:i would throw eggs at them if wouldnt get me banned.
that'd be no yolk...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Peter Walton is a wanker though. I don't know how old your nephew is but I bet he knows it.

SuperChung-Yong
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by SuperChung-Yong » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Peter Walton is a wanker though. I don't know how old your nephew is but I bet he knows it.
lol. Yeah it was more the 'cheat' thing every time someone had the audacity to get their shins kicked, it's immature to roll around as if you've been hit by a truck, but it's worse to call people cheats when they might have been legitimately injured, quite why we booed an injured player off the field yesterday I don't know.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:28 pm

SuperChung-Yong wrote: quite why we booed an injured player off the field yesterday I don't know.
Not condoning it by any means, but the challenge seemed a bit weak for a muscular guy like Fuller to be writhing around. If he really was that hurt, then I'll apologise in advance. It just didn't seem tha way either in the challenge or the replays.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:i would throw eggs at them if wouldnt get me banned.
This would please me immensely
Pfffft.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
SuperChung-Yong wrote: quite why we booed an injured player off the field yesterday I don't know.
Not condoning it by any means, but the challenge seemed a bit weak for a muscular guy like Fuller to be writhing around. If he really was that hurt, then I'll apologise in advance. It just didn't seem tha way either in the challenge or the replays.
He went straight into an ambulance without even bothering to go down the tunnel. Dislocated shoulder by the looks of how he was carrying himself. The cheat thing just sounds so pathetic. I've moaned about it before and I'll moan about it again. I'd love to cripple the drummers and then bang a drum in their face and tell them to man up.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:42 pm

I stood up and clapped my heart out when Fuller went off. Eidur was coming on.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:17 pm

On the Fuller injury, it seemed to me if he hadn't lunged to the ground to try and earn the free kick, I'm sure his shoulder/elbow/arm would be fine. Cahill played very little part in the incident.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:19 pm

jimbo wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
He went straight into an ambulance without even bothering to go down the tunnel. Dislocated shoulder by the looks of how he was carrying himself. The cheat thing just sounds so pathetic. I've moaned about it before and I'll moan about it again. I'd love to cripple the drummers and then bang a drum in their face and tell them to man up.
If you watch Coyles celebrations for the goal, you'll see Fuller sat on the Stoke bench
Sto ut Serviam

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Really? Definitely showed him clambering into an ambulance in the SW corner straight after doing it on the highlights last night. Must be Lazarus that lad!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:34 pm

On the telly it showed him standing behind it, and it seemed that some wanted him to get in while others didn't. I don't think the pictures resolved the issue. Oh and Owen celebrated that goal bloody hard!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:48 am

Any chance any computer type bods on here could do a 'gif' of him celebrating the goal?
Pfffft.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:15 pm

jimbo wrote:Really? Definitely showed him clambering into an ambulance in the SW corner straight after doing it on the highlights last night. Must be Lazarus that lad!
The ambulance never left. He must have popped in, got checked out and made his way to the bench
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:39 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Any chance any computer type bods on here could do a 'gif' of him celebrating the goal?
here you go...

Last edited by thebish on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:41 pm

thebish wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Any chance any computer type bods on here could do a 'gif' of him celebrating the goal?
here you go...

Thanking you, your Bishness :pray: :wink:
Pfffft.