Enter the Piedome. Two men enter, one man leaves.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 am

Hoping for a decent turnout for a change. Even you soft southern nancy exiles must be tempted by this!?

usuall excuses checked; 3pm Saturday/not on sky/£20 tickets/Local - not to mention us being a top 10 side, Dave Whelan, Gary Caldwell at the reebok, Al Habsi (not playing but still). and we are due a friggin result there, and an away win in general!

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 am

seanworth wrote:Would love a win this weekend. Good for morale, mine that is.
Fully agree with that, but as others have said it all depends on which team turns up on the day in terms of committment and will to win.

Last time I was in the UK and able to go to this fixture we won 3-1 with Anelka and Andranik (2) scoring. Would settle for that score again with an Elmander or Davies hattrick, or anyone scoring for that matter. :D
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 am

FaninOz wrote:
Fully agree with that, but as others have said it all depends on which team turns up on the day in terms of committment and will to win.Last time I was in the UK and able to go to this fixture we won 3-1 with Anelka and Andranik (2) scoring. Would settle for that score again with an Elmander or Davies hattrick, or anyone scoring for that matter. :D
When has a Bolton side turned up this season without a committment and will to win?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
FaninOz wrote:
Fully agree with that, but as others have said it all depends on which team turns up on the day in terms of committment and will to win.Last time I was in the UK and able to go to this fixture we won 3-1 with Anelka and Andranik (2) scoring. Would settle for that score again with an Elmander or Davies hattrick, or anyone scoring for that matter. :D
When has a Bolton side turned up this season without a committment and will to win?
That's true. They have started off flat a few times but they are certainly committed this season which is why we only have a single loss so far this campaign.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:18 am

General Mannerheim wrote:Hoping for a decent turnout for a change. Even you soft southern nancy exiles must be tempted by this!?
usuall excuses checked; 3pm Saturday/not on sky/£20 tickets/Local - not to mention us being a top 10 side, Dave Whelan, Gary Caldwell at the reebok, Al Habsi (not playing but still). and we are due a friggin result there, and an away win in general!

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Err; not wanting to class meself as a soft southern nancy realy, but I'm tempted by every game General. But today is my wifes birthday, and I promised, well I shrugged, that I'd accompany her to Ikea in S/hampton on sat to look for a new couch for our kitchen. Bet you wish you were me eh?

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:25 am

Belatedly, this is the first match that I'll be bringing my away game curse to this season.

Last away win I was present at? 4-0 at Doncaster. Last away league win? United in 2002. Since then every away game Ive been to - and theres been many - we get smashed, or draw (fair enough some of those draws felt like victories) but its time for this curse to go!

Travelling in style: 575 from Toll Bar to Wigan and back. Come on Whites!!

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:43 am

I thought the thread title was referring to Andy Carroll having to live with big Kev! :oops:

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am

Can you pay on the day?

Is it unreserved seating?

65 quid on the train (robbery), but if it is cheap to get in, might make the effort

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 pm

SAMHATER wrote:Can you pay on the day?

Is it unreserved seating?

65 quid on the train (robbery), but if it is cheap to get in, might make the effort
im planning on doing. hasnt been announced yet, but have paid on the gate last few times ive been. doubt we'd have much trouble getting in the home end should the unlikely happen!

wouldnt imagine its unreserved seating tho, why would it be? although you seldom find your own seat vacant if theres a big crowd on, unless its shite!

btw, who are these absolute jizzmuffins who tap you n the shoulder and say "i think you thats my seat your in?" ffs, im probably sat there because someone else is in my seat, its no big deal, there are plenty more - Jog on, dicks!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Hoping for a decent turnout for a change. Even you soft southern nancy exiles must be tempted by this!?

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Err; not wanting to class meself as a soft southern nancy realy, but I'm tempted by every game General. But today is my wifes birthday, and I promised, well I shrugged, that I'd accompany her to Ikea in S/hampton on sat to look for a new couch for our kitchen. Bet you wish you were me eh?
Unacceptable excuses. You should hand in your forum membership

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:10 pm

feck it, I'm going. Have it

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:24 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:feck it, I'm going. Have it
As am I. I've yet to see a decent game at the JJB, so maybe this one will be different. It won't.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Hate Wigan, the concourses aren't designed properly for when people actually show up.

;)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all ... a couch for your kitchen ???

Anyway .... there's an IKEA en-route to Wigan. Drop her at Warrington, drive onto the game & pick her up & take her to Nando's on the way back.

Job done.

In fact, if you get to Wiggin on time buy her a large Meat & Potato pie & plonk some candles on it .... she'll realise what true love is then !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Put one pie on top of another and recreate your wedding cake!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Put one pie on top of another and recreate your wedding cake!
Meat and Potato under Meat pie under whist pie. Job done.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:07 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all ... a couch for your kitchen ???
Anyway .... there's an IKEA en-route to Wigan. Drop her at Warrington, drive onto the game & pick her up & take her to Nando's on the way back.

Job done.

In fact, if you get to Wiggin on time buy her a large Meat & Potato pie & plonk some candles on it .... she'll realise what true love is then !!

It's a big old room. I did mention your suggestions. Wife not realy impressed tho, sadly. But I'm realy taken with the meat and potato pie cum cake thingy.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:10 am

I need a lift mind. Batman got me a ticket and being the fanny he is has got me a ticket but sorted himself a lift out.

If you buy a club coach place over't phone can you pick up the ticket at the ground Sat?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:44 am

Il Pirate wrote: It's a big old room. I did mention your suggestions. Wife not realy impressed tho, sadly. But I'm realy taken with the meat and potato pie cum cake thingy.
A cum cake?? Not sure I like the sound of that...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Put one pie on top of another and recreate your wedding cake!
Meat and Potato under Meat pie under whist pie. Job done.
Ah ... a Wiggin Wedding Cake .... nice hot too.

By the way the Bish, re. the cum-cake ... I actually DID LoL !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".