Everton away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:And after we got Fellaini sent off as well! Bastard!
Fellaini didn't need our help to get sent off. He two footed Robinson's bollocks after Robinson caught him with his trailing leg after a legal tackle.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Feels a bit Les Ferdinand where I just wish we hadn't bothered scoring, but it's a good point anyway.

Nice for Ivan, if nothing else. Could do with some good news.
Stop being soft :D. Shame we didn't see it out but we didn't lose and maintain the little November run of 4 points from 6 against traditional top ten sides
Pfffft.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 pm

MATCH FACTS
Bolton have lost their last four Premier League trips to Goodison Park without scoring a single goal.

Have we :D :pissed:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Makes a nice change to be dissapointed by away draws so many times this season.

Everton, West Brom, Villa...

We're just such a better team than this time last year. Still dissapointed, but prefer to be dissapointed with a point than just permanently 24/7 bored to tears.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm

I'll tak' that. Decent point, when you consider the opposition etc. 3 points vs the Wolves now please.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Any videos of the goals floating around so I can go to bed before MOTD?

Also for those who could get streams t'radio suggested that Elmo and Steinsson went off injured. Any truth in that?

Steinsson is out for Wolves anyways, but would be a blow to lose Elmander for Saturday.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Any videos of the goals floating around so I can go to bed before MOTD?

Also for those who could get streams t'radio suggested that Elmo and Steinsson went off injured. Any truth in that?

Steinsson is out for Wolves anyways, but would be a blow to lose Elmander for Saturday.
Squad though aint it

Klasnic is due a run in the side, if elmo has a knock he should get it

And we have Rodrigo. And Blake!

Freshening it up might not be a bad idea, particularly those players who are running themselves into the ground, Elmo being one.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Any videos of the goals floating around so I can go to bed before MOTD?

Steiner limped off and as you said I think he is suspended for the next game anyway.

I think the Elmander substitution was tactical.

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 pm

why can't we defend for the full match?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:why can't we defend for the full match?
Cos every time we do we get scored against. Let's just carry on playing football. Seems to be working okay. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:why can't we defend for the full match?
Cos every time we do we get scored against. Let's just carry on playing football. Seems to be working okay. :wink:
yeah fair enough. true :wink: would've loved 3 points though!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Makes a nice change to be dissapointed by away draws so many times this season.

We're just such a better team than this time last year. Still dissapointed, but prefer to be dissapointed with a point than just permanently 24/7 bored to tears.
Exactly this.

Realy peeved at a 93.05 goal & so a draw, but this is a different team than the past 3 or 4 years. Since the Youri days maybe. There's a skill & footballing style which we should be proud of.

We've dropped points we could/should have won ... but so, so much better.

Well done Wanderers
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Ok, all calm now.

So frustrating to drop 2 points with the last kick of the game.

All the results were going our way up until 90+4 mins.

It is a good result away at Everton but could have been ...

Anyone else worried about Ricketts at right back?

P.S. Matty Taylor, what a ball! Great to see him putting a good shift in too. Competition for the left side has clearly booted him up the arse.

wonka
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wonka » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:30 pm

DJBlu wrote: P.S. Matty Taylor, what a ball! Great to see him putting a good shift in too. Competition for the left side has clearly booted him up the arse.
Also, I seem to remember that Stu Holden fed Taylor after another great winning tackle. So, credit to Holden for the goal too.
... of course I may just be talking bo11ocks

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:46 pm

In a match were we were under the cosh so much the defence had to work overtime. Nobody played badly but Holden again stood out for effort, determination and no little skill. Maybe the idea was don't conceed and look for the smash and grab. It so very nearly came off. Up to his moment of lunacy the fuzzy one had a great game but you alway sensed we were never going all out to attack. The other Cahill was pushing, shoving and shirt-pulling the whole game and got away with it. Once again, KD and Elmander got little or nothing from the ref.

Oh, and the tw defenders who tried to make a book mark out of Lee, then one of them went down holding his face, what bollox.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:In a match were we were under the cosh so much the defence had to work overtime. Nobody played badly but Holden again stood out for effort, determination and no little skill. Maybe the idea was don't conceed and look for the smash and grab. It so very nearly came off. Up to his moment of lunacy the fuzzy one had a great game but you alway sensed we were never going all out to attack. The other Cahill was pushing, shoving and shirt-pulling the whole game and got away with it. Once again, KD and Elmander got little or nothing from the ref.

Oh, and the tw defenders who tried to make a book mark out of Lee, then one of them went down holding his face, what bollox.
Or, cinsidering the fresh starts to each half, the plan had to be adapted after Everton were stronger, and we adapted very well, because we're now tactically astute and therefore hard to play against?
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:57 pm

As posted much earlier, I switched off and found a displacement activity - away games are so hard to cope with i frequently just determinedly find something else to do. Mine tonight i'll post on the Gen Banter thread under 'watching...' a v v good BBC3 drama...

But, I just want to say, having now got a picture... feckin Everton... feckin, feckin Everton... feckin, feckin, Everton...

Just, that's all...

Feckin, feckin Everton...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 am

Gutted in one sense that we didn't get all 3 - but wasn't expecting much before KO - so 1 isn't bad.

Think we'll be making a few appearances on goal of the fecking month for November - only problem is, they've all been against us. :-(

Bad mistake from CYL, but sh*t happens.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Makes a nice change to be dissapointed by away draws so many times this season.

Exactly this.

Realy peeved at a 93.05 goal & so a draw, but this is a different team than the past 3 or 4 years. Since the Youri days maybe. There's a skill & footballing style which we should be proud of.

We've dropped points we could/should have won ... but so, so much better.

Well done Wanderers
Absolutely - having also recovered - with difficulty - from the disappointment... One away defeat in six? In the Prem? For Bolton Wanderers? Can I live with that? I'll embrace, cover in kisses and buy chocolates every birthday...

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:13 am

Haven't seen the game yet but from the reports we did well to get a draw which I would have been more than happy with before the game, plus a goal on Merseyside at last. But to let in a last second goal is a disappointment, but its not the first time for us or the first time Everton have scored against us at the death.

But it appears that our workrate and performance was good again so that's a positive and we can look forward with some confidence. Also we are still 6th and I'd rather be there than 16th always looking over our shoulder.

So after almost 1/3rd of the season (how quick has that gone) we are on 16 points with a positive goal difference (just) and if we can keep those rates up we are due for 50+ points which can't be bad. Also pre season I did my usual prediction of all games and I had us on 12 after 12 so we are 4 points ahead of where I expected us to be.

So on balance a bit disappointed at giving away a last second goal but not unhappy overall so far this season.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED