Smackems v The Trotters

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

RokerReport
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Smackems v The Trotters

Post by RokerReport » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Yeah "Roker". Its an area of Sunderland, and the site of our former home - Roker Park.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:11 pm

RokerReport wrote:Yeah "Roker". Its an area of Sunderland, and the site of our former home - Roker Park.
You're not a fan of irony then?

Sunderlands d*ckhead stewards tend to ruin a trip up there, so I'll save my money for another away game.
Troll and proud of it.

RokerReport
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by RokerReport » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 pm

as wrote:
RokerReport wrote:Yeah "Roker". Its an area of Sunderland, and the site of our former home - Roker Park.

Sunderlands d*ckhead stewards tend to ruin a trip up there, so I'll save my money for another away game.
Sorry, I've no idea what your on about.

And yes, our stewards are dickheads. Universally acknowledged by home and away fans. The club recently sent out questionnaires about things that could change on a matchday. 99% have complained about stewards.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:13 pm

RokerReport wrote:
as wrote:

Sorry, I've no idea what your on about.

And yes, our stewards are dickheads. Universally acknowledged by home and away fans. The club recently sent out questionnaires about things that could change on a matchday. 99% have complained about stewards.
In the past our stewards have behaved so outrageously that the home fans have been chanting 'We Hate Stewards'. Arseholes!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Can't be worse than last year - Took the coach on a Tuesday night and they'd not won for 14 games - obviously they scored after 41 seconds and beat us 4-0. Although it was almost amusing to see a Weiss - Wilshere - Gardner - Lee midfield for a short time in the game. Fastest ever.

So given that it can't be worse, I'm there. Take a point all day long from this game.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Elmo vs Elmo??
Steve Bruce could turn to Ahmed Elmohamady as he looks to find a solution to Sunderland's defensive problems.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 pm

thebish wrote:Elmo vs Elmo??
Steve Bruce could turn to Ahmed Elmohamady as he looks to find a solution to Sunderland's defensive problems.

:D My money's on Elmo.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Have you been editing, Bish? Cos I coulda sworn he was called Ahmed El Mohamady... :twisted:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:37 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Have you been editing, Bish? Cos I coulda sworn he was called Ahmed El Mohamady... :twisted:
Not Guilty! I copied and pasted from the SAFC site... I assumed they'd know...

http://www.safc.com/news/20101215/bruce ... 13_2244982

Bruce lost another centre-half at Fulham on Saturday when Anton Ferdinand limped off, and he joins Michael Turner and Titus Bramble in the treatment room.

The Sunderland manager opted to introduce Egyptian Elmohamady at right back as opposed to his usual role on the right side of midfield, with Nedum Onuoha moving inside to partner John Mensah.

The move worked well as the Black Cats kept a clean sheet, with Elmohamady impressing with his direct style of play, pace and heading ability.

And Bruce could repeat the experiment should Ferdinand, as expected, miss this Saturday's lunchtime date with Bolton Wanderers.

"We've lost Anton and it looks like he'll be out for Saturday as well," Bruce explained.

"But Onuoha and Mensah did particularly well and of course Elmohamady plays right back for his country.

"He is terrific in the air, wants to get forward and is a very good full back. He has all the attributes.

"Never say never [on Anton] because we're not too sure if it's his hamstring or his back as yet, but I don't think he'll make the weekend."

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:16 am

Ferdinand must have a pretty wierd physiology then

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Watch out you Mackems, Muamba's after you. In today's BN he claims he's been working hard on his finishing and wants to be amongst the goals. Beware row Z.

....SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Said that in his first preseason for us after scoring a belter in a friendly.Would be a bonus if he could sort it out as the ball does frequently fall to him after corners etc The couple he has scored were good goals

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Said that in his first preseason for us after scoring a belter in a friendly.Would be a bonus if he could sort it out as the ball does frequently fall to him after corners etc The couple he has scored were good goals

His goals are like blowjobs after 25 years of marriage. You never expect one, but when you get one.... Fantastic!!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:00 pm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/464305010?-11201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Athers wrote:Can't be worse than last year - Took the coach on a Tuesday night and they'd not won for 14 games - obviously they scored after 41 seconds and beat us 4-0. Although it was almost amusing to see a Weiss - Wilshere - Gardner - Lee midfield for a short time in the game. Fastest ever.

So given that it can't be worse, I'm there. Take a point all day long from this game.
You failed to mention the fact that we almost died on the way home!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Would love us to win but i'm not feeling that positive about this game. Hopefully i'm wrong and we get a 2-1 or 3-1 win :D

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Athers wrote:Can't be worse than last year - Took the coach on a Tuesday night and they'd not won for 14 games - obviously they scored after 41 seconds and beat us 4-0. Although it was almost amusing to see a Weiss - Wilshere - Gardner - Lee midfield for a short time in the game. Fastest ever.

Died?? Explain :shock:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 pm

East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Died?? Explain :shock:
Coach driver fell asleep at the wheel
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Jaysus! That's out of order. I'd heard that a few had a pretty horrendous trip in terms of roadworks and that but blimey, that's nowt compared to that :shock:

TheMackem
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheMackem » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 pm

In all fairness to your stewards, they probably don't have a big job on at the Reebok, given that they probably outnumber the amount of punters in the ground.