The Trotters v The Potters

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Trotters v The Potters

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:07 pm

FaninOz wrote:Not much point in continuing to make a contribution then I guess if my opinion and reasoning whilst sitting sunning myself in Australia are considered to be unsound, incorrect, unfounded, negative, without feeling and unwelcome.

So my parting comments are, that I can remember all Bolton Managers from Bill Ridding onwards, they all had good and bad points as does Coyle. My view is that he is inexperienced and it's starting to show, he has fantastic potential but has yet to prove that he has what it takes for the long haul when things are going bad for him and the team. I hope that he proves to be what a large number on here already believe that he is, only time will tell but I wont be here to enjoy that success or failure with you all.

So you can have your ball and continue to play with yourselves, as you don't seem to like people to express an alternative view without abusing them, whilst I continue my almost 60 years of supporting Bolton in splendid isolation.
I always enjoy reading your view, though often I don't agree with it, in exactly the same way that you don't agree with mine.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Not much point in continuing to make a contribution then I guess if my opinion and reasoning whilst sitting sunning myself in Australia are considered to be unsound, incorrect, unfounded, negative, without feeling and unwelcome.

So my parting comments are, that I can remember all Bolton Managers from Bill Ridding onwards, they all had good and bad points as does Coyle. My view is that he is inexperienced and it's starting to show, he has fantastic potential but has yet to prove that he has what it takes for the long haul when things are going bad for him and the team. I hope that he proves to be what a large number on here already believe that he is, only time will tell but I wont be here to enjoy that success or failure with you all.

So you can have your ball and continue to play with yourselves, as you don't seem to like people to express an alternative view without abusing them, whilst I continue my almost 60 years of supporting Bolton in splendid isolation.
Get a grip. Ya big tart. One thing 60 years of supporting Bolton should give you is a thick skin.
Seconded.

As a lifelong Wanderer you have a place on here.

Too much vegemite has softened you up. :wink:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 am

ratbert wrote:http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/tonked-on-trent

Calm down and read the match report you lot!!
Excellent report, Owen... and i saw it pretty much the same, dispiriting way... Though I know we'll turn ti all round against chelsea and wigan... :D

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:28 am

William the White wrote:

Excellent report, Owen... and i saw it pretty much the same, dispiriting way... Though I know we'll turn ti all round against chelsea and wigan... :D
I hope you are right but at least we should give a decent account of ourselves with chelsea.

like you said, last game is dispiriting...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 am

'Special' mention to our fans as well - letting themselves down as usual by scrapping and generally acting like brainless idiots. Good one lads.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 am

William the White wrote:

Cheers WtW.

'twas one of those days.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:48 am

FaninOz wrote:As for the next 8 games I predicted preseason that we would get another 6 points and if that happens we will be on 36pts after 31 games and well and truelly in a relegation scrap.
At the current rate of point accrual, 36 points after 38 games will probably be enough to keep us up.

But we'll have more.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:01 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
FaninOz wrote:As for the next 8 games I predicted preseason that we would get another 6 points and if that happens we will be on 36pts after 31 games and well and truelly in a relegation scrap.
At the current rate of point accrual, 36 points after 38 games will probably be enough to keep us up.

But we'll have more.
Indeed and 36 points from 31 in any season leaves you pretty safe barring an absolute disaster in your last 7 games.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

Get a grip. Ya big tart. One thing 60 years of supporting Bolton should give you is a thick skin.
and a drink problem !

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

and a drink problem !
It's not a problem - I find it dead easy

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Quick question that may have been asked elsewhere:

There was a Fabrice Muamba chant that started up during the game. Can't remember the tune, but it was definitely about Fab.

Not sure I've heard it before - can anyone enlighten me as to its words?
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:Quick question that may have been asked elsewhere:

There was a Fabrice Muamba chant that started up during the game. Can't remember the tune, but it was definitely about Fab.

Was it "Fabrice Muamba clap clap clap clap clap, Fabrice Muamba clap clap clap clap clap,' ?

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm

I think you mean.. ( to the tune of heartbeat) Fabrice, Fabrice Muamba the Congo's missing you... :oops:

Oh and Lofthouse lower, where was the trouble? Couldnt see much to be honest, although there was certainly more notrights there than most games this season...
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 am

BwfcDan wrote:

I think you mean.. ( to the tune of heartbeat) Fabrice, Fabrice Muamba the Congo's missing you... :oops:

Oh and Lofthouse lower, where was the trouble? Couldnt see much to be honest, although there was certainly more notrights there than most games this season...
So we heard Liverpool sing that song about Maxi, and decided to adapt it? Almost as funny as the one we sang last year at City about Adebayor and going on coach trips :roll:

You're dead right, the amount of notrights at our away games is putting people off. If I wasn't REALLY good at fighting and that then I'd probably consider giving them all a miss 8)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:44 am

And there's the lovely one about Tevez making a brew. Any new songs seem to be a. shit, and b. in bad taste. Our away crowd is almost entirely scallies. The Lofthouse Lower scoreboard start shouting and provoking, oh sh*t they actually are 'coming on', let's leg it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

Prufrock wrote:And there's the lovely one about Tevez making a brew. Any new songs seem to be a. shit, and b. in bad taste. Our away crowd is almost entirely scallies. The Lofthouse Lower scoreboard start shouting and provoking, oh sh*t they actually are 'coming on', let's leg it.
I've been to a few aways this season (not Stoke) and not heard any of these new songs. Feels like I'm missing out.

But I have noticed on away trips that less and less of the post teen generation are going.

And more of the as Pru puts it "scally" type are there.

Which does put one off from spending ones hard earned cash to see their team beat at Stoke surronded by those type!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

100% correct.

I'd go more often if under 18s were banned.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 pm

I'll be honest, im not arsed what the folk are like at away games, whether they be miserable gits, notrights, chavs.. The more there the better :pissed:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:19 pm

How fecking miserable do we sound?! Ha!

I don't mind scallies going, I just wish the vast majority of our away crowd wasn't pissed up 16 year olds trying to fight with stewards, who are often themselves d*cks.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 pm

BwfcDan wrote:I'll be honest, im not arsed what the folk are like at away games, whether they be miserable gits, notrights, chavs.. The more there the better :pissed:
That signature cracks me up every :grin: time