Holden

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Holden

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 pm

fatshaft wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:Alot of it was the players surrounding the referee shouting at him, as though there was no reason to send him off. Leaves a bitter taste without doubt.
You must have been watching a different game mate. Giggs had a word, maybe Evra(?) as well, but there was no mass surrounding of the ref at all, absolutely not a typical Man U reaction on this occassion.
Giggs, Evra and Nani (briefly) had a word but quickly walked away. Not a typical reaction as you say and it appeared they were resigned as to what the punishment was going to be.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:43 pm

If we're loooking to point the finger (and I don't know why we should), why not blame Lee?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:45 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: suggests to me that it was a cowardly attempt to avoid aforementioned foul against himself.
Unintentional- definately.
a sending off for a reckless and dangerous tackle- definately
What exactly was intentional then? I was as incensed as anybody when I saw the injury but the reality is two going for a suicide ball and one getting a red for a studs up challenge he probably couldn't really help but do. Unfortunately it was our bad in the end.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Still waiting to hear how many games we've won without Holden this season. I can only think of Wigan away in the FA cup (and it was a Wigan reserve side).
Look yourself. Gonna have to swap names, clearly you're the only his royal anything around here, your royal-ness. Forgot the board should wait hand and foot on your statistician needs.

"hmm Parker, can I get the passing %s from 2004-5 and compare them like for like year on year with 2010-11 to-date accounting for inflation and Earthquakes"
No need to be a tit. I wasn't expecting anyone to fooking sit there and work it out. I was merely wondering if anyone had an advance on the one game I'd suggested.
Calm down m'Lady, bit o' banter like. But still, maybe Keveh should put a google search box somewhere on the page...

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm

fatshaft wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:Alot of it was the players surrounding the referee shouting at him, as though there was no reason to send him off. Leaves a bitter taste without doubt.
You must have been watching a different game mate. Giggs had a word, maybe Evra(?) as well, but there was no mass surrounding of the ref at all, absolutely not a typical Man U reaction on this occassion.
Did I say mass? There were enough there questioning the referees decision when Holden was clearly in agony on the floor. No need for it.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh. My. God. I heard the news about Stu while at uni, and yeah, I was gutted, both for him and the team; but what the hell, I was thinking. At least now we have two people to win the cup this year for. The odds are stacked against us, but we're Bolton Wanderers, when are they ever not? Let's get on with it, I thought, we've got one of the most talented U21 midfielders in the country and a destroyer who'll see us through, and players who'll be alright and muck in if need be in reserve.

So home I come, and as always, I open this forum. And I've never seen such a load of negative, pessimistic bullshite in all my life, most of it from the fingers of BWFC-I. It's all over, is it? Well, don't come to Wembley then, you miserable sod. What happened to togetherness? What happened to that "world's against us" spirit that has always been a hallmark of supporting Bolton? What happened to the determination that comes with it, and the sense of solidarity, and "thou shalt not pass"?

We WILL fight on, with or without Stu, cos that's what he'd want. We will give Stoke one hell of a game, and if we play like Bolton Wanderers can, we will win, and then we'll make United pay. Come on you White men!! And come on you White fans, get a fecking grip!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Giggs was being a c*nty c*nt trying to ref it as usual, Evra too, the rest weren't that bad. It was hardly the press gang of the Keane days. As it is in this particular instance, specifically regarding that particular phone call to Holden, I think Evans has done all he can. He clearly didn't mean to hurt Stu, but it was still a very poor tackle. They happen a lot and it is unfortunate that in this instance Stu has come out with serious injury.

Having drawn a line under that, let us heed LK's advice and remember that they are a set of shithouse wankbastarding tossbowl. DIRTY MANC BASTARDS.

The loss of our best player this season by a country mile is an undoubted blow, and IMO swings a previously 50-50 tie in Stoke's favour, but not insurmountably. Let's win it for Nat AND Stu.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

And Sam, and Zat, and Sean....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:00 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Did I say mass? There were enough there questioning the referees decision when Holden was clearly in agony on the floor. No need for it.
Nope you didn't say 'mass', you said 'a lot' (same thing surely) & 'shouting', neither of which were actually the case.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:04 pm

BWFCI...... I think when Stoke fans are telling you to cheer up, you know you've gone totally overboard.

EDIT: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... 750&page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Tombwfc on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Tombwfc wrote:BWFCI...... I think when Stoke fans are telling you to cheer up, you know you've gone totally overboard.
Where's a Stoke fan telling him to cheer up?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Sorry, that would've been helpful. I've edited it in now.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: suggests to me that it was a cowardly attempt to avoid aforementioned foul against himself.
What exactly was intentional then? I was as incensed as anybody when I saw the injury but the reality is two going for a suicide ball and one getting a red for a studs up challenge he probably couldn't really help but do. Unfortunately it was our bad in the end.
unintentional that he hurt Holden as badly
he had plenty of other options than leaving the ground but as they may have involved being hurt himself as Holden came in he took the option of many other of his red ilk (Keane, etc etc) and got his retaliation in first.
cowardly tackle by a VERY limited centre-half-
has Cahill ever been guilty of that sort of challenge?
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:51 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
unintentional that he hurt Holden as badly
he had plenty of other options than leaving the ground but as they may have involved being hurt himself as Holden came in he took the option of many other of his red ilk (Keane, etc etc) and got his retaliation in first.
cowardly tackle by a VERY limited centre-half-
has Cahill ever been guilty of that sort of challenge?
very probably - but as it didn't result in stitches and 6mths out for the recipient - then it passed us all by...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Cahill caught Evra late and above the ankle in the first half on Saturday. Was a bouncing ball and didn't catch him hard, but was surprised he wasn't booked.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:50 pm

The only unfair thing is the team with the money and the squad size are the ones doing the injuring! Yet that c*nt nani got away with a 2 week injury and our stu gets 6 months. When you look at our long term absentees...Holden knight, rickets. Davis, JOB....is our training ground built on an indian burial ground or summat?

Anyways...no point feeling sorry for ourselves ya dust yourself down and get on with it. We have options. Mark Davies (if he stays fit) has come on well this season. Good player. JOB is returning, as is Knight (and Cahill could fo a job centre mid - a different job to Holden mind). We could change formation, look at a 433?

You don't even need a midfield against Stoke! :wink:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:6 months sucks, will mean he's coming back into next season unfit and behind everyone. Lad looks naturally fit but that's not going to help him. Midfielder is back on the wishlist for next season, maybe a loanee.

QQ - has Mark Davies completed 90 mins for us yet?
Answer is yes, Wigan away, Everton H, Spuds away, Wolves H - loads

See, I can set an example

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 pm

fatshaft wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Nope you didn't say 'mass', you said 'a lot' (same thing surely) & 'shouting', neither of which were actually the case.
No, read it again. The 'alot of it' was in reference to the annoyance of the situation, not 'alot' of players. And I'm pretty sure I saw Evra at least go in with some sort of aggressive manner.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:46 am

A sickening blow for us all. Our best central Midfielder by a country mile, the heartbeat of our side this season. While he was out we were dismal.

Now we will struggle to keep our top ten position at the end of the season (Sorry), but thats the reality of what we face now.

We will have to change tactics and go 4-3-3 and start lumping the ball to KD as we do not have the class of Holden to play through. Mark Davies is a neat player, but defensively, he is nowhere near Holden, and will be left upfield and leave our defense exposed if we play 4-4-2. Beat Stoke at their own game I say. They do not play well away from their stadium so we have a decent chance against them.

Tough luck to Holden, but Coyle now have to rethink things, fill the central midfield with Mavies/LCY, Bibi/Cohen and Moo. Thats the best we can do unfortunately to stay competitive. Otherwise, we will be courting disaster with 4-4-2

Cheer me up someone. Tell me I am way off course here. Give me some hope.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 am

An article highlighting Holdens stats:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/stuart-stats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;