FA Cup Semi Final Ticket Rush

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Phone or Website?

Phone
34%
Website
66%

Total votes: 35

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FA Cup Semi Final Ticket Rush

Post by boltonboris » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I will say that whilst I don't really care how many we take, I'll be there, that I know some who are being far too complacent and saving themselves for "the final".
They shouldn't be given the opportunity..

I sympathise that some folks can't make the semi's due to other commitments, but you just know there'll be thousands of people getting tickets ahead of people who attended this game.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 am

Dead right.

It'll go down to one per ST holder for the final, rightly, and then it should go down to those who had stubs for the semi, then members and lifeline etc etc.....

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Its sad that a large town like Bolton cannot get behind its team more but there are so many issues behind that and I think the post above sums up a large part of that.
I'm not sure that the size of the town is all that relevant when there are so many other clubs in our catchment area. I think the proximity of other clubs like Utd and City has more of an impact on our support.

However i agree with you that some supporters being complacent about this trip. Especially those who don't have season tickets and aren't going. If we get to the final i'd expect the club to give priority to those who were at the semi-final if any tickets go on open sale.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Its sad that a large town like Bolton cannot get behind its team more but there are so many issues behind that and I think the post above sums up a large part of that.
I'm not sure that the size of the town is all that relevant when there are so many other clubs in our catchment area. I think the proximity of other clubs like Utd and City has more of an impact on our support.
However i agree with you that some supporters being complacent about this trip. Especially those who don't have season tickets and aren't going. If we get to the final i'd expect the club to give priority to those who were at the semi-final if any tickets go on open sale.
Yeah sorry that was the point I was making, I was referencing your previous post re "some of the townfolk being more interested in the other semi".

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am

and there was me thinking the semi being referred to was the queue of shifty old-timers on Shifnall Street

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 am

I'm not sure whether it would have been possible but perhaps the club should have said that anyone going to the semi-final was guaranteed the opportunity of a ticket for the final should we get there. If final tickets were oversubscribed once season ticket holders had been catered for, then they could have allocated the remainder via a ballot. I guarantee that we would have sold our entire allocation for the semi-final already.

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:35 am

BL3 wrote:I'm not sure whether it would have been possible but perhaps the club should have said that anyone going to the semi-final was guaranteed the opportunity of a ticket for the final should we get there. If final tickets were oversubscribed once season ticket holders had been catered for, then they could have allocated the remainder via a ballot. I guarantee that we would have sold our entire allocation for the semi-final already.
Don't we get less tickets for the final though?

I really hope the club don't give tickets to fans who are not going to the semi out of complacency, it'd serve them right really.
Personally I hope we sell as many tickets as possible because it's events like this that could hopefully get the town excited about the wanderers which is in turn great for the club but i don't expect a sell out.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 am

LiOC wrote:Don't we get less tickets for the final though?
Yes, each club gets around 26,000 for the final. But we only have around 17,000 season ticket holders, members, lifeline, etc, in total. If they get one each for the final then that leaves around 9,000 on open sale.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 am

Then in that case I sincerely hope that anyone who is 'waiting for the final' misses out.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am

I think they will miss out. I wouldn't imagine that we've sold more than 9,000 tickets to non-season ticket holders, so in effect anyone in that category who's going to the semi-final could well be guaranteeing themselves a ticket to the final if we get there.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Some of those "saving themselves" for the Final may be put off by the prices if not the lack of tickets, here is a stadium plan from a couple of years ago - I couldn't find one for last season but I doubt the prices would go down
Attachments
efc__1240997362_cupfinalseatingplan.jpg
efc__1240997362_cupfinalseatingplan.jpg (50.76 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Truly an event for the common man :roll:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 pm

As a wanderers fan of many many years of disappointment, i've known better than to 'wait for the final' on this occasion ;)

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Truly an event for the common man :roll:
Pretty disheartening seeing prices like that isnt it.

I suppose the green sections are fairly decently priced, but will wait to see from those who sit up there for the Semi how good a view/experience it is

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:32 pm

I paid around £50 for a ticket to the League Cup final at Wembley v Liverpool which was the most expensive ticket back then, so i'm not really surprised by the cost of those tickets for the FA Cup final.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:11 pm

I think the club might do 1 per season ticket holder for the final which for me isn't great.

I'm the only season ticket holder I know and I don't fancy the long trip to london on my own.


Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm

This is my final tbh.

If we go through it'll be ITV in the pub for me.... if they have enough armchairs.

Shouldn't really be going to this one with the way the finances are.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:14 pm

BL3 wrote:I paid around £50 for a ticket to the League Cup final at Wembley v Liverpool which was the most expensive ticket back then, so i'm not really surprised by the cost of those tickets for the FA Cup final.
I beg to differ on that front ! I paid nearly £200 for 2 tickets in the Olymic Gallery as it was all they had left !! and if we get to the final of the FA Cup I'm more than prepared to do the same for one ticket, dont know what my limit would be though, theres an interesting thought, any ideas anyone, What would you be prepared to pay for an FA cup final ticket against Man U, I'm supposin thats what we all want ?? (obvioulsy any team would do so long as we are there !!)

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:24 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
BL3 wrote:I paid around £50 for a ticket to the League Cup final at Wembley v Liverpool which was the most expensive ticket back then, so i'm not really surprised by the cost of those tickets for the FA Cup final.
I beg to differ on that front ! I paid nearly £200 for 2 tickets in the Olymic Gallery as it was all they had left !! and if we get to the final of the FA Cup I'm more than prepared to do the same for one ticket, dont know what my limit would be though, theres an interesting thought, any ideas anyone, What would you be prepared to pay for an FA cup final ticket against Man U, I'm supposin thats what we all want ?? (obvioulsy any team would do so long as we are there !!)
I'll pay whatever it takes!


BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
I beg to differ on that front ! I paid nearly £200 for 2 tickets in the Olymic Gallery as it was all they had left !!
I was talking about the regular tickets. By the same token i'm sure that there are more expensive tickets available for the final than those listed but they'll be corporate packages.