Fulham v Bolton match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Fulham v Bolton match thread

Post by Beefheart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 am

thebish wrote:football aside - it was a fun night out - good to meet up with Bobo, Bruce, Enfield and Mummy (and Mummy's squeeze) - big thanks to Bruce for the free ticket!

perhaps the pints of Sharp's Doom Bar in the eight bells were an omen - but we were completely outplayed and outfought in every department

still - you can't get cross about being beaten by fulham - there is nothing at all offensive about their fans at all - if you're gonna get beaten by someone - then I'm happy for it to be fulham.

apart from the guy who found every opportunity to shout "get the f*ck up there, Davies, you lazy f*cking B*stard" - and the slightly strange guy who stood out at the front silently showing his Cup semi-final scarf to the fulham fans after every goal - the crowd was in good spirits - nobody seemed that wounded or hurt. maybe it was the balmy sunny evening - maybe just that Craven Cottage is such a quaint place - maybe the arsenal win is still providing effective analgesia.

daughter came home happy - firstly, the chips we got from the kebeb shop were utterly awesome - secondly, she started a chant with which she was well chuffed...
The nutters are less diluted when there are so few away fans. A guy near me was calling Mark Schwarzer an Aborigine.

There was also some guy who urged his kid to get a photo with a shirtless Fat Frank, didn't realise he was quite that big a celebrity.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:25 am

Beefheart wrote:
The nutters are less diluted when there are so few away fans. A guy near me was calling Mark Schwarzer an Aborigine.

There was also some guy who urged his kid to get a photo with a shirtless Fat Frank, didn't realise he was quite that big a celebrity.

yeah - we heard him - Bobo was in awe of such a well argued point! :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:46 am

I think it could become our new London Away Strip for next season if our to most recent sorties are to be repeated.

b-t-c
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I thought we might have sneaked through a draw tonight. Ah well. Game mattered little for us really.

I imagine we'll get nowt at Ewood either. Again it won't be the end of the world.

But I think our away form needs addressing, otherwise we'll never improve, and probably to do that we need some better players.

I also don't think we're very good without Holden and Sturridge. Neither of which are likely to play for us at the start of next season, so I maintain there is a lot of work to be done in the coming months.

Anyways its not like we're used to much at Craven cottage.

The end of this season is going to be relatively uninspiring I feel. Mind thats the downside of mid table safety with no chance of Europe! Still wouldn't want to swap with Blackburn or the like!
Just thought that I'd have a sneak through the thread to see who'd not been there!
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just thought that I'd have a sneak through the thread to see who'd not been there!
I was wondering if you actually made it in, Bruce ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just thought that I'd have a sneak through the thread to see who'd not been there!
I suspect none of the above actually missed a home game, whilst watching Burnley at home on the same day.

Your point is? :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:23 am

ChrisC wrote:I can see Fulham scoring so we need a couple at least, like most have said it all depends which Bolton turns up.

I'll go with 2 -2 Cahill and Elmo for us .. Johnson and Dempsey for them.
.... ooooh. So close.

... and your lottery numbers are .... ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:33 am

If we're going to go in for pointless predictions let's go the whole hog !!

How many corners ? ....................... 74
What time the first throw-in ? .......... Chico Time
How long until the 12th throw in ? ..... oooh, ages & ages
How far will the fourth one be thrown ? ... as far as the wind could take it.
How many players will have their shirts tucked in at kick-off ? ... 2
How many pints of lager will be sold in the ground before kick off to Bolton fans, at the Bolton end. ...... 12, all to 'Fat Frank'. The rest asked for mild.
What will be the first name of the kid on the 12th seat in from the right of the 8th row behind the goal Bolton are defending in the 2nd half ? ... Dunno, but he spent more or less the whole game holding aloft a Bolton v Stoke Semi-Final scarf.

Winner .... mummy, for losing his & his girlfriends free tickets on the walk between pub & ground and then simply going up to the ticket office, explaining the loss, looking a bit sad and ...... THEY LET HIM IN !!!! Only at Fulham.

Ssshhhh ! Don't tell any scousers. They'll be queueing up trying that one on next season.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:37 am

I can't believe so many grown men attended this game with their mum

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:I can't believe so many grown men attended this game with their mum
Ah, didn't know you went to this one. :)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 am

She's dead

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 am

That 'Fat Frank' bloke - what a chod. He was stood behind me drunkenly belting out such ditties as "He's here, he's there, he'll eat your Labrador, Chung Yong, Chung Yong" and "A Pound, you only paid a Pound" (anyone? :conf:)

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:She's dead
I knew this would come up :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 am

thebish wrote:football aside - it was a fun night out - good to meet up with Bobo, Bruce, Enfield and Mummy (and Mummy's squeeze) - big thanks to Bruce for the free ticket!
You're absolutely welcome, fella, and may I just echo your other remarks?! I see that Pencilbiter's done well for himself.................. again. What is it that these young, handsome Cambridge graduates have that I haven't? :P

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 am

HMX wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:She's dead
I knew this would come up :(
Sorry I pressed 'submit' too soon - She's dead upset to have missed out on the game 8)

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:05 am

8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I thought we might have sneaked through a draw tonight. Ah well. Game mattered little for us really.

I imagine we'll get nowt at Ewood either. Again it won't be the end of the world.

But I think our away form needs addressing, otherwise we'll never improve, and probably to do that we need some better players.

I also don't think we're very good without Holden and Sturridge. Neither of which are likely to play for us at the start of next season, so I maintain there is a lot of work to be done in the coming months.

Anyways its not like we're used to much at Craven cottage.

The end of this season is going to be relatively uninspiring I feel. Mind thats the downside of mid table safety with no chance of Europe! Still wouldn't want to swap with Blackburn or the like!
Just thought that I'd have a sneak through the thread to see who'd not been there!
How is that relevant?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
You're absolutely welcome, fella, and may I just echo your other remarks?! I see that Pencilbiter's done well for himself.................. again. What is it that these young, handsome Cambridge graduates have that I haven't? :P

Exactly. How dare he be more handsome than me. The swine! :twisted:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Not exactly narrowing it down though, is it?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Not exactly narrowing it down though, is it?

Ooooooooooh get her! :lol: