New Shirt Sponsor?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New Shirt Sponsor?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:32 pm

BL3 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:The new badge is a registered trademark, hence the TM at the bottom of the spunk dribbles. That's how it'll stay. You're going to just have to get used to it.
Totally irrelevant. Chelsea's previous badge was also trade marked. It didn't stop them changing it when the supporters put pressure on them to bring the old one back.
So not 'totally irrelevant' then or else their supporters wouldn't have bothered asking them to change it back? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:27 pm

artysmarty wrote:Interesting reading the points about the Wanderers logo. As it's my line of business, I can tell you the badge can be changed anytime (TM only means it's registered as the official logo for BWFC) and the board can have the final say on any future changes. Cost would be immense to change the logo to rebrand everything - that's probably why it isn't done often. Personally I agree with some comments in reverting to possibly a 'modernised' version of the 50s badge. Should be classy and traditional relative to the club's established history but appealing to a current fans, especially younger people - not looking like a London 2012 icon reject, as the present current badge looks like. Maybe we should have a comp to create a new design and get the members to vote (if it hasn't been done already) and forward the idea... Or maybe I'm getting too carried away with this! :)
Attachments
bolton symbol.png
bolton symbol.png (107.93 KiB) Viewed 2742 times

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:41 pm

artysmarty wrote:Should be classy and traditional relative to the club's established history but appealing to a current fans, especially younger people
A club crest shouldn't be a fashion statement. That's why we ended up with the current abomination.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 am

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:
artysmarty wrote:Interesting reading the points about the Wanderers logo. As it's my line of business, I can tell you the badge can be changed anytime (TM only means it's registered as the official logo for BWFC) and the board can have the final say on any future changes. Cost would be immense to change the logo to rebrand everything - that's probably why it isn't done often. Personally I agree with some comments in reverting to possibly a 'modernised' version of the 50s badge. Should be classy and traditional relative to the club's established history but appealing to a current fans, especially younger people - not looking like a London 2012 icon reject, as the present current badge looks like. Maybe we should have a comp to create a new design and get the members to vote (if it hasn't been done already) and forward the idea... Or maybe I'm getting too carried away with this! :)
Substitute "BWFC" for "Bolton Wanderers Football Club" and you could be cooking with gas, Gaz! (see what I did there?)

Bring back the elephant! It's an irresistible campaign. :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:
Substitute "BWFC" for "Bolton Wanderers Football Club" and you could be cooking with gas, Gaz! (see what I did there?)

Bring back the elephant! It's an irresistible campaign. :D
More to your liking Zulu???
Attachments
bolton symbol.png
bolton symbol.png (125.49 KiB) Viewed 2677 times

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 am

Lose the full stops and use a different typeface (don't ask me which one!) and you're there.

:wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 am

Personally I think it looks shite - why are the centre colours different?

The Everton-shaped badge isn't good either, I thought the point was that we wanted originality?

That said, it's better than anything I could come up with 8)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 am

That badge looks more B.W.P.D than B.W.F.C

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:08 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Substitute "BWFC" for "Bolton Wanderers Football Club" and you could be cooking with gas, Gaz! (see what I did there?)
Don't encourage him.

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Mon May 02, 2011 1:44 pm

I think something maybe more traditional (the elephant, maybe?) mixed with the new would be better. Have heard quite a few people who won't even buy a shirt with the new badge on. Which I think is a bit over the top but shows how disliked it is. Personally I just think the badge soesn't suit a club with such a proud, long history, looks like we were created 5 years ago.
Something more like this:
Superas Moras is the town motto, maybe we could have a club motto instead? Or just established 1874 or something?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 02, 2011 1:46 pm

That's not a bad attempt.
Pfffft.

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Mon May 02, 2011 3:09 pm

LiOC wrote:I think something maybe more traditional (the elephant, maybe?) mixed with the new would be better. Have heard quite a few people who won't even buy a shirt with the new badge on. Which I think is a bit over the top but shows how disliked it is. Personally I just think the badge soesn't suit a club with such a proud, long history, looks like we were created 5 years ago.
Superas Moras is the town motto, maybe we could have a club motto instead? Or just established 1874 or something?
Hat off LiOC that's a hell of a lot better than my buggering about on paint shop. The only thing I would say is I would prefer it if the banner with the motto on was more like the 1958 fa cup final one and curved round the bwfc. But just a personal preference.

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Mon May 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:
LiOC wrote:I think something maybe more traditional (the elephant, maybe?) mixed with the new would be better. Have heard quite a few people who won't even buy a shirt with the new badge on. Which I think is a bit over the top but shows how disliked it is. Personally I just think the badge soesn't suit a club with such a proud, long history, looks like we were created 5 years ago.
Hat off LiOC that's a hell of a lot better than my buggering about on paint shop. The only thing I would say is I would prefer it if the banner with the motto on was more like the 1958 fa cup final one and curved round the bwfc. But just a personal preference.
Yeah, I agree. Bit more like this?

Can't get writing on this with paint, without a lot of effort but you get the idea.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

I like it. If I have spare time, I could mock one up in higher quality in Photoshop.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm

LiOC wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:

Can't get writing on this with paint, without a lot of effort but you get the idea.
Not on a red background. Our primary colour is white.

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Mon May 02, 2011 4:25 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
LiOC wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:

Not on a red background. Our primary colour is white.
Makes sense. Was going to try on a red rose, for lancashire, but didn't look right.

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm

HMX wrote:I like it. If I have spare time, I could mock one up in higher quality in Photoshop.
That's be good. Mine was only done on paint, so obviously limited by my software.

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Mon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm

LiOC wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:

Yeah exactly! Fits together better. I agree that it would be better in white but I think I see what you were trying to do with the rose. No way that it could fit in somewhere?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:
LiOC wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:

Yeah exactly! Fits together better. I agree that it would be better in white but I think I see what you were trying to do with the rose. No way that it could fit in somewhere?
there's a rose on the elephant...

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Mon May 02, 2011 6:03 pm

thebish wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:
LiOC wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:

there's a rose on the elephant...
Yeah that was my compromise.