TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thr

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue May 10, 2011 10:31 pm

What does 'sort of Zat Knight' looking, mean?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Tall, thin, gormless and black, I'm guessing, looking at pictures of both.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Tue May 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Yep exactly! In this article is a pretty fair picture of him trying - unsuccesfully - to tackle Torres.

http://m.sporten.dk/touch/content.pml?g ... jubelidiot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh coitus!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:What does 'sort of Zat Knight' looking, mean?
An absolute waste of cash/ a shirt/ a skin/ oxygen/ the time of day........... etc.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue May 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Not like you to sit on the fence Bruce. Tell us what you really think of our Zat.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Not like you to sit on the fence Bruce. Tell us what you really think of our Zat.
Sunderland's winner? Zat Knight actually is a pub league player. I promise you that I've played with better players than that 4uckwit in the Lancs Am!

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Wed May 11, 2011 1:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Not like you to sit on the fence Bruce. Tell us what you really think of our Zat.
Sunderland's winner? Zat Knight actually is a pub league player. I promise you that I've played with better players than that 4uckwit in the Lancs Am!
why are you on zats back hes not only a quality cb hes performed really well for us and even if he makes the odd cock up everyone does sometimes, to me it just seems people want to slate knight unfairly given the fact without him and cahill our best cb pairing for years we would be awfull at the back.

personally think wheatus and knightmare can do a great job for bolton as a cb duo we just need improvements elsewhere like lb and rb

if you will next seasons squad

Rb:ricketts/ hopefully someone new
Cb: wheater /strong performances and decent experience needs time to settle in to a pairing
Cb: knight / his pairing with cahill has been one of the reasons for our sucess this year hopefully he can do the same with wheater next year
Lb: hopefully someone new+ alonzo

Rm; CYL almost irreplacable for us
Lm; although widely criticised i think taylor and petrov arent the position we need to strengthen atm
Cdm; Muamba allways been a fan or muamba's no nonsense defending and his grit can make our team sometimes
Cm; holden goes without saying player of the year for us really
Cm; davies needs more to his game to be a regular starter but as a squad player for us hes excellent

st:skd needs to be benched more
st elmander WE REALLY NEED TO RESIGN HIM
st: klasnic supersub we all know he offers little else
st : rodrigos not coming back to play 10 mins every month so we need to start looking for something new if we cant get him fulltime/

also if we dont get elmander back we should really try and sign Demba BA hes proved hes worth the wages even at a underperforming wetspam the only problem id have is that he actually has played for wetspam and i fckin hate em so :P

the off season for us should be interesting and i for one am not worried one bit slight improvements on the squad we have this year will see us survive again and who knows coyle may find another rough diamond that can be next years player of the year for us^^

COYWM lets not get depressed lets look on the bright side top 10 finish on the cards semifinalists of the Fa cup+ webley trip and hes only been here 2 years and has hardly spent anything compared to the previous manager onwards and upwards i say^^

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 11, 2011 9:13 am

mrpiccollo wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
why are you on zats back hes not only a quality cb hes performed really well for us
Oh my giddy aunt! :shock:

Always out of position

Can't play football

Couldn't trap a bag of cement

Controls it further than I can kick it

Gets done for pace by the likes of Carew

Is a clumsy c*nt (as proved with the laughable own goal)

Is shite!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 am

Cb: knight / his pairing with cahill has been one of the reasons for our sucess this year hopefully he can do the same with wheater next year
:doh:

Zat Shite.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
why are you on zats back hes not only a quality cb hes performed really well for us
Oh my giddy aunt! :shock:

Always out of position

Can't play football

Couldn't trap a bag of cement

Controls it further than I can kick it

Gets done for pace by the likes of Carew

Is a clumsy c*nt (as proved with the laughable own goal)

Is shite!
Aye got to agree Bruce. I was wrong earlier in the season and you were right. At the time I thought he was hampered in a partnership that didn't work. But Cahill has been superb since then and Knight, well has been nothing short of shite.

Sat up in the East Upper one game this season as my mate got a couple of tickets, right near the top and saw how many times the back four pushed up but Knight didn't or when the back four dropped off Knight pushed up and left a great hole.

He came back in from injury against West Ham and played really well, but ultimately that was a false dawn.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed May 11, 2011 10:51 am

Worth a loan, but no way £4m
OWEN Coyle has told Benfica: Loan me Rodrigo and I’ll make him a Premier League star.

Wanderers are keen on bringing the 20-year-old back to the Reebok again next season but have been told by the Portuguese giants that they must find £4million to make the deal permanent.

Coyle is unlikely to wager that large a portion of his summer spending budget on the winger despite being impressed by his progression over the last eight months.

But the Whites boss told The Bolton News this week that he will be making every effort to convince Benfica to give him another chance to polish the young diamond.

“It’s a due process and we’ll go through it,” he said.

“We like Rodrigo and if we were able to entice him back, then he will be better served by the experiences he’s had."

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 11, 2011 11:31 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Worth a loan, but no way £4m
OWEN Coyle has told Benfica: Loan me Rodrigo and I’ll make him a Premier League star.

Wanderers are keen on bringing the 20-year-old back to the Reebok again next season but have been told by the Portuguese giants that they must find £4million to make the deal permanent.

Coyle is unlikely to wager that large a portion of his summer spending budget on the winger despite being impressed by his progression over the last eight months.

But the Whites boss told The Bolton News this week that he will be making every effort to convince Benfica to give him another chance to polish the young diamond.

“It’s a due process and we’ll go through it,” he said.

“We like Rodrigo and if we were able to entice him back, then he will be better served by the experiences he’s had."
Bet he ends up at Newcastle if we don't keep him.
Businesswoman of the year.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:36 am

City are now, apparently, after Ibrahimovic.

How many strikers do they need? And which of their surplus front men would you like to see?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Tevez?
Pfffft.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed May 11, 2011 1:31 pm

truewhite15 wrote:City are now, apparently, after Ibrahimovic.

How many strikers do they need? And which of their surplus front men would you like to see?
None because they would all come in on at least double what anyone else in the side is earning leaving us feck all to spend anywhere else. I'd say the only semi realistic ones are Santa Cruz (hardly lit up back at Rovers) and Bellamy, who I wouldn't be keen on anyway.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

jimbo wrote:

None because they would all come in on at least double what anyone else in the side is earning leaving us feck all to spend anywhere else. I'd say the only semi realistic ones are Santa Cruz (hardly lit up back at Rovers) and Bellamy, who I wouldn't be keen on anyway.
You'd think wages would be an issue from Citeh but we managed Petrov!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

He was signed pre-oil madness though.....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Petrov's contract at City had run out so I dare say his agent just looked around to see who would offer him the best deal. Sadly it was us. Bellamy & RSC still have time left on their over inflated contracts so wont be going anywhere unless some numpties are willing to come close to matching their existing deals. West Ham are usually good for that kind of thing.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Wed May 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Dzeko would be the perfect fit for us. Love that guy, amazing player.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 11, 2011 9:51 pm

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bo ... ender.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... lgium-move" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.