Coyle joint favourite for Aston Villa job

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Coyle joint favourite for Aston Villa job

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 pm

One of these football agents that has graced twitter confirmed it before quickly deleting it. Also he's been made favourite with the bookies after a massive amount of bets placed on him.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:One of these football agents that has graced twitter confirmed it before quickly deleting it. Also he's been made favourite with the bookies after a massive amount of bets placed on him.
Who??

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:02 am

No idea, they don't usually go off their real names. I didn't see it, just what I've read.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 am

Coyle's odds are getting longer!

If he were to go now I'd personally feel slightly miffed. The first half season there was a bounce-back after a new manager came in, then last season we only really got a half season again. What he needs to do is have a great season 11/12 and he can go wherever he wants then with the right compensation. Let's sign some players, bring some kids through and see what he can do... please.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:48 am

To my knowledge this is the first thing Nixon has had to say on the matter...

He reckons Hughes is back in the frame, but also mentioned Coyle:

"Bolton’s Owen Coyle has also been mentioned but sources close to him say he has no interest, especially as Villa made it clear they fancied several candidates ahead of him."
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

I'm spending most of tomorrow at Villa Park. If I hear anything...

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 pm

ratbert wrote:I'm spending most of tomorrow at Villa Park. If I hear anything...
Take a taxi to the ground. They always have the most reliable information.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

ratbert wrote:I'm spending most of tomorrow at Villa Park. If I hear anything...
`
Traitor!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:11 pm

seanworth wrote:
Villa Park is the ground Sean. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
seanworth wrote:

Tango, villa park is A ground Burnden was THE ground :mrgreen:

(Sorry for being a bit bish like there mate :wink: )

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
seanworth wrote:
I think he knows that Tango - he's simply suggesting taking a TAXI there - as he reckons taxi drivers get all the latest gossip...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Yes. Got it. Just seemed a bit odd since Ratbert said he'd be at the ground. Few of the taxi drivers in Bolton know where you're asking to go to without directions, never mind knowing footballer rumours. Main response when asked "how much?" is: " How much do you usally pay?" Never mind though, carry on.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Yes. Got it. Just seemed a bit odd since Ratbert said he'd be at the ground. Few of the taxi drivers in Bolton know where you're asking to go to without directions, never mind knowing footballer rumours. Main response when asked "how much?" is: " How much do you usally pay?" Never mind though, carry on.

eh? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:41 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Yes. Got it. Just seemed a bit odd since Ratbert said he'd be at the ground. Few of the taxi drivers in Bolton know where you're asking to go to without directions, never mind knowing footballer rumours. Main response when asked "how much?" is: " How much do you usally pay?" Never mind though, carry on.
Okay... slowly: (although this is decidedly the wrong thread)

You say Sean's suggesting asking taxi drivers about the latest football gossip,yes? Fine, except if you asked them in Bolton, few would have a clue. Most of the cabs are run by Asian drivers who never seem to be able to state the fare without asking ( and we use them regularly) (see above). Not the best source for football info, hence my initial confusion.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes it is correct. I was referring to the number of rumours one hears on boards that originated from some taxi driver. Let's move on.......TAXIIIIIII

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
Okay... slowly: (although this is decidedly the wrong thread)

You say Sean's suggesting asking taxi drivers about the latest football gossip,yes? Fine, except if you asked them in Bolton, few would have a clue. Most of the cabs are run by Asian drivers who never seem to be able to state the fare without asking ( and we use them regularly) (see above). Not the best source for football info, hence my initial confusion.
indeed tango (however slow you type!) - I only posted because you appeared to be telling Sean that Villa Park was Aston Villa's ground - despite there being no reason to suppose he didn't know that!

my shrug was just a little bafflement over what, in particular, you wanted me to "carry on" with....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 pm

thebish wrote: indeed tango (however slow you type!) - I only posted because you appeared to be telling Sean that Villa Park was Aston Villa's ground - despite there being no reason to suppose he didn't know that!
my shrug was just a little bafflement over what, in particular, you wanted me to "carry on" with....
Well, with his location gaven as Canada/Thailand, you just never know. But apologies to Sean and er, carry on. Nobody died. :wink:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:06 pm

No problem. In fact though I've had a Villa fan visiting this weekend, and had lots of fun winding him up about who the next manager will be. Doubt he is taking the McLeish rumour very well right now.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Looks like McLeish is the man for the job. Just resigned from Birmingham.

No idea why they want him, pretty dire brand of football, three seasons of experience in the Premier League- two of them ending in relegation.

Also Billy Davies sacked and Forest lining up Steve McClaren-I expect he'll get them promoted.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:52 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:Looks like McLeish is the man for the job. Just resigned from Birmingham.

No idea why they want him, pretty dire brand of football, three seasons of experience in the Premier League- two of them ending in relegation.

Also Billy Davies sacked and Forest lining up Steve McClaren-I expect he'll get them promoted.
McClaren >>> McLeish. You'll have to laugh at the Villa fans if Alex McLeish gets the job. Schteve would have been a very good fit for them.