Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Abs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We need to hurry Cahill up off to wherever he is going. As LL says this is holding everything else up. Ship him out and move on. We can't afford to keep him with just a year of his contract anyways. If Al Habsi does go then that will help too!
I think he will leave properly end of August for 10-12 million and Bolton wont find a replacement in time
Is that a prediction or a wish? Bolton will roll on whatever simply because we are Bolton.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We need to hurry Cahill up off to wherever he is going. As LL says this is holding everything else up. Ship him out and move on. We can't afford to keep him with just a year of his contract anyways. If Al Habsi does go then that will help too!
I think he will leave properly end of August for 10-12 million and Bolton wont find a replacement in time
Is that a prediction or a wish? Bolton will roll on whatever simply because we are Bolton.

well said
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Whats being held up?

Nowts happened yet

Contracts haven't ended

Players are on holiday

FFS, you're one of the few with a brain
Sto ut Serviam

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abs wrote:
We're Bolton, nobody likes us and we don't care
Pfffft.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:14 am

Onwards and upwards :lol:

ReliantRobbo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ReliantRobbo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 am

Abs wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:Has he not fecked off yet?? :conf:
You guys are being unreasonable. No one will pay 20 million for Cahill
Are you Wenger in disguise? Manure paid 16 million or so for Phil Jones, if he is worth that then Cahill should be over the 20 million mark

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:36 am

:doh:

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:04 am

cahill is worth what the bidding team will pay honestly nobodys really worth 10-20 mil yet we see these prices all the time personally i think cahill is worth probably

18-22 mil in the current market

i still hope we can somehow convince him to stay losing really our best players over and over is so disheartning would love cahill to come out and say he wants a 5 year contract with a huge buyout clause as he sees his future in bolton, sadly we all know this wont happen as modern footballers aspire to play top end football and the best of the best usually end up doing so so cahill is likely going to leave i hope he goes to arsenal as hes a great passer and could really work well there but with city liverpool and as i hear rumor of some foreign clubs suddenly showing a little interest aswell it looks rosy for cahills future aspirations to play champions league football and no doubt play more for england so as were still little old bolton wanderers ill say lets hope he gets us a few quid if not lets cross our fingers he signs a fresh contract and becomes a bolton legend ^^ :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 am

mrpiccollo wrote:losing really our best players over and over is so disheartning
Happens to lots of teams - even yon Rags lost Cronaldo, then Tevez, and would've lost Rooney last season had they not vomited up £250kpw

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:39 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Whats being held up?

Nowts happened yet

Contracts haven't ended

Players are on holiday

Caps Coyle virtually spelled out in his presser yesterday that the whole summers plans hinged on Cahill being sold.

There are two strands to that, 1 is getting the money to spend, so how much and when is critical.

The other is what/if any players we get in as part of the deal.

I think its fairly evident that until Cahill is sold we won't be spending much money.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 am

Mate, please don't ever say 'presser' again

Cockgobblery of the highest order
Sto ut Serviam

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:19 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:cahill is worth what the bidding team will pay honestly nobodys really worth 10-20 mil yet we see these prices all the time personally i think cahill is worth probably

18-22 mil in the current market

i still hope we can somehow convince him to stay losing really our best players over and over is so disheartning would love cahill to come out and say he wants a 5 year contract with a huge buyout clause as he sees his future in bolton, sadly we all know this wont happen as modern footballers aspire to play top end football and the best of the best usually end up doing so so cahill is likely going to leave i hope he goes to arsenal as hes a great passer and could really work well there but with city liverpool and as i hear rumor of some foreign clubs suddenly showing a little interest aswell it looks rosy for cahills future aspirations to play champions league football and no doubt play more for england so as were still little old bolton wanderers ill say lets hope he gets us a few quid if not lets cross our fingers he signs a fresh contract and becomes a bolton legend ^^ :oyea:
Thats wishful thinking. What is clear is no club has made a bid for Cahill yet, despite the whole world knowing he has 12 months left on his contract and Bolton being desperate to sell him. Man u, Liverpool and Arsenal all bid for Jones straight away even though Cahill was free. liverpool has bid for Zapata. Arsenal are strongly linked with Samba. It just looks like clubs dont think he's worth the money Bolton wants and I expect Bolton will lower their value of him as the window goes on as they are desperate for the money and dont want him to go free next season

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:55 pm

How the fck is it 'clear'

Cos it's not been on talkshite or the back page of The Sun?

Fck off, know nowt
Sto ut Serviam

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:06 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:How the fck is it 'clear'

Fck off, know nowt
so who has bid for him? We know those clubs fought for Jones...which tells me they rate him higher than Cahill

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Abs wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:How the fck is it 'clear'

Fck off, know nowt

so who has bid for him? We know those clubs fought for Jones...which tells me they rate him higher than Cahill
I have no idea - neither do you.

It is possible that a deal is well down the line. If I was OC I would probably try to keep it under wraps as long as I could especially if negotiating other purchases. Don't want the old " they just sold Cahill so hold out on them they've got x million to spend."
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Whats being held up?

Nowts happened yet

Contracts haven't ended

Players are on holiday

You been on the sherry?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:22 am

Ok, it's not "clear" as such, but the desperate re-pimping of Cahill every transfer window seems to have reached a bit of a crescendo now. If we've had no bids, and several clubs now seem to have concluded their centre half business then Coyle's plans would be in disarray. To me, the quotes now are getting fairly desperate "he could play for any club in the world" strikes me as a "feck, will SOMEONE come in and bid"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:29 am

I'm really not sure that we ain't over rateing our Gary a tad, not to say others are worth whats being shelled out but tbh if i was interested in him 10 mill would be the bid 12 mill the max.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Few quotes from Marc Iles:

"just heard of a few interesting players who could be pushed Bolton's way in a Cahill deal. But who'll blink first?"

"Don't want 2 ruin my story for 2mrw but #thfc #afc #mcfc & #lfc have all made genuine enquiries. 1 currently stands out."

RE: 'the interesting players' "Absolutely. In same class as Boyata and Onuoha, who have already been mentioned."
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:51 pm

its probably joe cole.

who's probably on 100k a week now.