TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thr

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Aye, cos they're directly comparable. One being an experienced player ready to go straight in, and another to be a prospect with little experience but a fair bit of potential....
They were roughly the same age when we signed them.

Perhaps then it just highlights that 2M for a "prospect" like Alonso was bad business!
Same age, both got heads, yeah I suppose :)

Looking at deals all over Europe there is such value to be had, and all highlights what a barrel of shit the English market is.

mighty_whites
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mighty_whites » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 am

Sorry didnt see the Megson thread bout signing Chungy!

mighty_whites
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mighty_whites » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 am

Alonso looks a good left back, it's alot more of a risk to through a young inexperienced player into a defence in the prem than an attacking midfielder.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 am

Chris Samba has begged Blackburn to allow him to follow Phil Jones out of Ewood Park if a big club comes calling.
worth us making a bid then? (snigger!)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 am

mighty_whites wrote:Alonso looks a good left back
Since when?

mighty_whites
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mighty_whites » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am

Since he started playing pal, plus he's young need to give him a bit of time and get him used to the Prem, i reckon he will be a regular next season and displace Robinson early next season.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 am

mighty_whites wrote:Since he started playing pal, plus he's young need to give him a bit of time and get him used to the Prem, i reckon he will be a regular next season and displace Robinson early next season.

Wow! I didn't realise Robinson was so shit that he could lose his position to someone behind bars. Alonso must have some seriously long legs 8)

mighty_whites
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mighty_whites » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 am

What is he going jail then and not avaliable for us next season?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 am

mighty_whites wrote:What is he going jail then and not avaliable for us next season?

Looking that way .. been charged with death by dangerous driving or something similar.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 am

mighty_whites wrote:What is he going jail then and not avaliable for us next season?
he's awaiting trial - so is with us (not sure how badly injured - but he was hospitalised with broken ribs) - and, I suppose, can play until his trial. I don't think the date has been set yet - it could be 8months away while the prosecution and defence prepare their cases... i doubt that having it hanging it over him (see klasnic last season) will have a positive effect on his game...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:20 am

Maybe we could organise a prisoner-swap and get Robinson sent down instead

Or get him involved in a prison break scenario

Or Alonso could be sent down, once inside, be promptly beaten by the prison guards for misbehaving, and subsequently approached by the prison governor. The governor offers Alonso a job as coach of the prison wardens' football team; not wanting to make enemies with the other prisoners, Alonso declines, and instead offers to train a team consisting of other inmates, who will take on the wardens in a practice match.

Alonso ends up with the resident contraband dealer, Massive, as his right-hand man. He also receives advice from an elderly convict, Doc, who teaches Alonso prison lore. He then wins the respect of the other inmates after he attacks an officer, Mr. Ratchett, who is attacking Massive, and is then occupied with the task of training up his team of cons, including a maximum-security con named Monk (Jason Statham) a violent Scottish inmate.

At half time, the inmates' team, Alonso's boys are winning 1-0, and things are going well until the governor attempts to blackmail him into throwing the match. At first he puts his own interests before that of the team, but as the final moments of the game tick down, he redeems himself, and wins the game for the cons.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 am

mighty_whites wrote:
Whookam wrote:
mighty_whites wrote:I've got full confidence in OC's signings, really has upped the standard of transfers for us.
How so?
Holden, Wheater, Chungy, plus the loan signings have been mint for us, alonso hopefully will sort himself out and Petrov is a fairly high profile signing for us. He's definately taking us in a new direction, Robbie Blake was signed more for his character than his footballing ability though who can forget his equalising free kick against birmingham in the dying minutes!!!!

Surely you cant think that his signings have been poor, espec when you look back at the likes of Megson!!!!!
Wheater can't displace Knight, one of Megson's signings. Petrov has been quite poor and by the end of the season was losing out to Taylor (Megson signing). Lee you've been told about. Bringing in highly rated young players for half a season is hardly indicitive of a manager's ability to judge quality, not only that but the temporary nature of such signings means you are having to replace them every transfer window or so making it difficult to have a settled squad. That also leaves aside the avaliability of such players.

So basically you're down to Holden.

That said I'm not writing off Coyle's tranfers yet but he's got a hell of a job to do this summer.
Last edited by Whookam on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Maybe we could organise a prisoner-swap and get Robinson sent down instead

Or get him involved in a prison break scenario

Or Alonso could be sent down, once inside, be promptly beaten by the prison guards for misbehaving, and subsequently approached by the prison governor. The governor offers Alonso a job as coach of the prison wardens' football team; not wanting to make enemies with the other prisoners, Alonso declines, and instead offers to train a team consisting of other inmates, who will take on the wardens in a practice match.

Alonso ends up with the resident contraband dealer, Massive, as his right-hand man. He also receives advice from an elderly convict, Doc, who teaches Alonso prison lore. He then wins the respect of the other inmates after he attacks an officer, Mr. Ratchett, who is attacking Massive, and is then occupied with the task of training up his team of cons, including a maximum-security con named Monk (Jason Statham) a violent Scottish inmate.

At half time, the inmates' team, Alonso's boys are winning 1-0, and things are going well until the governor attempts to blackmail him into throwing the match. At first he puts his own interests before that of the team, but as the final moments of the game tick down, he redeems himself, and wins the game for the cons.
Starring Adam Sandler.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 am

What has he got to do with bwfc?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 am

what has jason statham got to do with bwfc??
Rememeber that diagram i drew you, showing fantasy & reality, and that dotted line that we shouldnt let Mr & Mrs Fluffybunny cross...? I think you need to study it again ;)

Fredi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Fredi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 am

I'd like Coyle to have a look at Ciprian Marica of VfB Stuttgart and Romania. He is 25, has scored something like 19 in 49 for Romania, has decent pace and is good technically. He isn't such a prolific scorer at club level, but I think much of that is to do with the varied procession of coaches Stuttgart have had over the years (think Newcastle!), who have all wanted different things from him. He can be a bit anonymous at times and can have a bit of an attitude, but at his best he's a thorn in the side of any defence. He's fallen out with Labaddia, the VfB coach and is available for 2-3 million Euro (one year left on his contract). PSG are said to be interested, but I think OC could motivate this guy and get the best out of him.

It's obviously something of a gamble, but relatively little outlay and if he isn't suited to the Prem, we could probably recoup most of it next summer. If he did fit in, though, he'd give us something a bit different. I think Stuttgart might consider a Paul Robinson-type deal (loan then buy), as they deffo want to move him on. There is also a Bolton connection in that VfB's director of sport is none other than one Herr F Bobic, so that may pave the way for some sort of agreement?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:52 am

Actual news wise, OC asks the fans to be patient.( Today's BN) That's about it, despite any rumours.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:21 pm

From the BBC rumour mill, a few names mentioned before

Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng is set for showdown talks with manager Roberto Mancini as he is keen to return to Germany, with Bayern Munich a possible destination.
Full story: the Sun

Former Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra wants to join Fulham.
Full story: Daily Star

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is preparing to join Wigan in the £5m battle for Bolton goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi.

Stoke are the latest club linked with Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge, with manager Tony Pulis ready to make a £6m bid for the England Under-21 international.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Mexico striker Carlos Vela has been told by Arsenal that he will not be sold this summer.
Full story: the Sun

QPR are ready to make an offer for Portsmouth centre-back Tal Ben Haim.

Former England boss Steve McClaren is set to make ex-Derby and West Brom winger Giles Barnes his first signing at Nottingham Forest.
Full story: Daily Mirror

West Ham defender Herita Ilunga is ready to turn down transfers to Bolton and QPR to join Greek champions Olympiakos.
Full story: talkSPORT

Rodney Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rodney Trotter » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Just heard Taylor was at West Ham's training ground on Monday :oyea:

To do his coaching badges :(

ReliantRobbo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ReliantRobbo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Fredi wrote:I'd like Coyle to have a look at Ciprian Marica of VfB Stuttgart and Romania. He is 25, has scored something like 19 in 49 for Romania, has decent pace and is good technically. He isn't such a prolific scorer at club level, but I think much of that is to do with the varied procession of coaches Stuttgart have had over the years (think Newcastle!), who have all wanted different things from him. He can be a bit anonymous at times and can have a bit of an attitude, but at his best he's a thorn in the side of any defence. He's fallen out with Labaddia, the VfB coach and is available for 2-3 million Euro (one year left on his contract). PSG are said to be interested, but I think OC could motivate this guy and get the best out of him.

It's obviously something of a gamble, but relatively little outlay and if he isn't suited to the Prem, we could probably recoup most of it next summer. If he did fit in, though, he'd give us something a bit different. I think Stuttgart might consider a Paul Robinson-type deal (loan then buy), as they deffo want to move him on. There is also a Bolton connection in that VfB's director of sport is none other than one Herr F Bobic, so that may pave the way for some sort of agreement?

Certainly done your research on that one :wink: