TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: TKIZ's impossibly brilliant all new Transfer Rumours thr

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Bruno3 wrote:153 pages on this thread and 51 on the Gary Cahill saga. 204 pages of repetitive twaddle. Think I'll prick my finger and go into a deep sleep until the season begins - just hop :) e it's not a handsome prince that wakes me up
funnily enough - I don't think you're the first person to post that sentiment! 8)

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:32 pm

It has gotten quite repetitive...

Nothing for a few days > Tenuous link with a Championship/relegated player > "He's shit" > Marc Iles tweets that we've no interest anyway.

Big club interested in Cahill > Twitter reports that we've agreed a fee/he's sold his house/he's met someone in a pub > Nothing for a few days > Coyle does an interview and confirms no-one's bid.

As for Ferguson..... eh. I'm not sure why we're committed to almost exclusively having midfielders that (in theory anyway) would be more suited to a three-man midfield. Infact as it stands most of our team appear better suited to a formation we will never play.

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 pm

i agree 433

last season would have been great sometimes

imagine:

petrov: left wing we know he can scoree and giving him a more forward position would be perfect to avoid his sometimes lack of defensive work

Striker : elmander workrate height > sturridge goalscoring threat > davies target man

right wing: rodrigo > CYL > elmander all could work well here not to mention if we got swp in he would have been prefect

LCM : holden > taylor

CM : muamba > Mdavies > holden

RCM : CYL > holden >

usuall suspcts at the back and jussi in net^^

obviously im just speculationg on possible positions but holden playing rcm cm and lm would work if only we could clone him somehow hmmmmm

brb chaps gonna go give prof frink a bell i think i have a solution for this year

rs : holden
ls : holden

Cam : holden
Rm: holden
Lm: holden
CDM: holden

LB : jimmy phillips out of retirement
CB : ngotty out of retirement
CB : cahill resigned on 5 year contract with 22 mil buyout
RB : bergsonn out of retirement

premier league champions > fa cup winners > league cup winners ....Tbc ^^

come on bolton
come on umm HOLDEN^^ :oyea:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:17 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:i agree 433

imagine:

petrov: left wing we know he can scoree and giving him a more forward position would be perfect to avoid his sometimes lack of defensive work

Striker : elmander workrate height > sturridge goalscoring threat > davies target man

right wing: rodrigo > CYL > elmander all could work well here not to mention if we got swp in he would have been prefect

obviously im just speculationg on possible positions but holden playing rcm cm and lm would work if only we could clone him somehow hmmmmm

brb chaps gonna go give prof frink a bell i think i have a solution for this year

come on bolton
2399? Is that you?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:32 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:i agree 433

imagine:

come on bolton
2399? Is that you?

Sounds more like Little Plum

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 pm

apologies if he has already been mentioned but I have been away for most of the last 2 days...
Bolton Wanderers are reportedly interested in Borussia Monchengladbach defender Tobias Levels.

Levels is understood to have been told by the club that he does not have a future with the German outfit.

The 24-year-old, who has two years left on his current deal, is now reportedly attracting attention from England.

Levels, who can play full-back or in central defence, revealed that Wanderers have been tracking him for some time.

"It was not the first contact with the club [Bolton], they have known about me for some time," he told Kicker. "The Premier League fascinates me and to play there would be a great challenge.

"I have always said that England interests me."
endless headline possibilities - especially if he gets the equaliser....

this is him...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:13 pm

toddled off to Florida?? business as usual....
Owen Coyle and his squad may have only recently arrived in America as part of their pre-season plans, but the Bolton boss says he is willing to fly back to Lancashire at short notice if it means finalising any transfers.

Wanderers touched down in Florida on Sunday night to begin their 13-day tour of the USA, but Coyle revealed he is still working around the clock to bolster his squad, while defender Gary Cahill continues to be linked with a move to Arsenal.

Coyle said: "It doesn’t make it difficult because we are in America because everything is done by telephone.

"If we are given the green light on any (of the proposed transfers), and if it means flying back and chatting to players, then that will be done.
someone tell Garty - he prefers the fax machine...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:15 pm

and finally....
by Pat McGatt. (indeed!!)

Bolton Wanderers boss Owen Coyle is not interested in the Bosman market.

The Scot is still confident he will make a number of purchases, rather than landing free agents.

He told the Bolton News: “The players I am after, the clubs involved already know. That tells you it isn’t Bosmans, they are established players we’ll have to purchase.

“What we have to be wary of is that we don’t pay inflated prices. I have a value for players and am looking to do the best business possible.

“There are a couple of players we’re talking about to their respective clubs but nothing has been agreed yet.”

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Going off that pic Bish, if he's 24 I'd want to see his birth certificate. Looks more like Patrick Swayze at fifty.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Going off that pic Bish, if he's 24 I'd want to see his birth certificate. Looks more like Patrick Swayze at fifty.
:lol:

Is he/was he captain of Borussia in that picture or is it one of his previous clubs?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:I'd take Bardsley over Steinsson.

I'd take any of our right backs over the last 15 years over Steinsson.
You've obvioulsy got long term memory loss then... O'Kane, Ostemobor, McAnespie... Steinsson is Cafu-esq compared to them 3.
John O'Kane was the worst player we've had in the last 15 years bar none. And you can include Wayne Burnett in that.
Darren Holloway was utter wank. I'd probably rate him in behind those mentioned, though he barely played for us, so bad he was!
otsemabor wins. Wass never a ffootballer while he had holes in his ass.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Rodney Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rodney Trotter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:12 pm

More than likely bollocks but someone on WW is saying Eduardo is having a medical as we speak. £1.5m. Find that hard to believe when Shakhtar paid £6m for him just over a year ago

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:I'd take Bardsley over Steinsson.

I'd take any of our right backs over the last 15 years over Steinsson.
You've obvioulsy got long term memory loss then... O'Kane, Ostemobor, McAnespie... Steinsson is Cafu-esq compared to them 3.
John O'Kane was the worst player we've had in the last 15 years bar none. And you can include Wayne Burnett in that.
Darren Holloway was utter wank. I'd probably rate him in behind those mentioned, though he barely played for us, so bad he was!
otsemabor wins. Wass never a ffootballer while he had holes in his ass.

As I was reading that a picture of Arnold Schwarzennegger popped in my head!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Rodney Trotter wrote:More than likely bollocks but someone on WW is saying Eduardo is having a medical as we speak. £1.5m. Find that hard to believe when Shakhtar paid £6m for him just over a year ago
Not likely Rodders, he signed a four year deal at Shaktar. It'd be a lot more than £1.5m
Pfffft.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

It's amazing how some people will get hooked on, especially at this time of year.

That Eduardo thing came from:

http://twitter.com/#!/TransferFacts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eduardo up front for us, meh, not bad. But Leyton Orient are the real winners out of this, Dennis Bergkamp up top.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:52 pm

boltonboris wrote:
mighty_whites wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Fergusons passing range and ball retention puts any of our midfielders to shame.. I'd even say he's a better 'footballer' than Holden

:lmfao:

:laugh: What a SH*T statement haha a player that once couldn't handle the prem first time round and then come back and got relegated with a team. Better than Holden hope you were joking what a w**k statment!!
:doh:

Never said he was a better player did I? I said footballer, ie; better with the ball..

It's true

i never said he was sh!t pick out where i said that, he's average what fvcks me right off is people jumping to conclusions i said fvck no because the cvnts fvcking dinosaur and we don't need anymore of them

the only improvement he would offer is he is better then cohen

he ain't good enough to gel holdens hair

it's true
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:47 am

boltonboris wrote:
mighty_whites wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Fergusons passing range and ball retention puts any of our midfielders to shame.. I'd even say he's a better 'footballer' than Holden

:lmfao:

:laugh: What a SH*T statement haha a player that once couldn't handle the prem first time round and then come back and got relegated with a team. Better than Holden hope you were joking what a w**k statment!!
:doh:

Not to pile on but ...
Holden will be twice the player of "Barry the V Flasher" Ferguson. And any team in the Prem would take Holden over Fergie any day.

Never said he was a better player did I? I said footballer, ie; better with the ball..

It's true

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Going off that pic Bish, if he's 24 I'd want to see his birth certificate. Looks more like Patrick Swayze at fifty.

That is a hilarious analogy and very poignant! :pray:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 am

clubcall wrote:West Ham defender James Tomkins is the latest player to be linked with a move to the Reebok Stadium and Coyle is hopeful of adding new faces to his squad in the near future.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:13 am

thebish wrote:
clubcall wrote:West Ham defender James Tomkins is the latest player to be linked with a move to the Reebok Stadium and Coyle is hopeful of adding new faces to his squad in the near future.
If my memory serves me right, Tomkins is shite.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.