Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Dixon's a bloody City fan! But yeah, he does obviously identify with his former employers.

That Arsenal side was built on excellent attack and Sol Campbell, the one good central defender Wenger has ever lucked into buying.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Double post
Last edited by Lord Kangana on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:With his best players asking to leave, no trophies for 6 years and Board and fans on his back I suspect Wenger is having a crisis of confidence and is afraid to pull the trigger on new non flashy foreign signings for the first team. An English CB is not sexy enough.
Dunno, think Cahill's not a bad looking bloke. And paired with Samba...

As long as it doesn't frighten the horses an all that.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm

He's been rumoured to have been after Jagielka, possibly because he sounds foreign.

Were Gary Cahill to change his name to Gomar Cahillo he'd be training with them tomorrow. :)
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Dixon's a bloody City fan! But yeah, he does obviously identify with his former employers.

That Arsenal side was built on excellent attack and Sol Campbell, the one good central defender Wenger has ever lucked into buying.
D'ya not think Kolo Toure was a good buy then? I always thought they made a good pair.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Dixon's a bloody City fan! But yeah, he does obviously identify with his former employers.

D'ya not think Kolo Toure was a good buy then? I always thought they made a good pair.
Toure was never a proper centre back in my eyes.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Can't see Cahill going to Liverpool they've already got Škrtel, Agger, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Kelly as players who can play centre back plus 4 or 5 full backs so I doubt he'll want to face compertition to win his place... but if they were to give us Agger in return for Gary I wouldn't be so against it!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:That Arsenal side was built on excellent attack and Sol Campbell, the one good central defender Wenger has ever lucked into buying.
Meh. Great at his best but inconsistent. ISTR that in his last Arsenal season he only won 46% of aerial challenges, which is poor for any CB, but awful for a big unit like him.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:35 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... ahill.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reebok boss Owen Coyle insists Cahill is going nowhere.

I don't think he did.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 am

Guys instead of taking your frustration on Wenger. Cant it be simply that he doesnt rate Cahill? We can discuss all we want about how good Cahill is.....but its his job and his decision and if he says i dont rate the guy for whatever reason, its his right as a manager to not buy him. Wenger prefers Jagielka to Cahill

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 am

Abs wrote:Guys instead of taking your frustration on Wenger. Cant it be simply that he doesnt rate Cahill? We can discuss all we want about how good Cahill is.....but its his job and his decision and if he says i dont rate the guy for whatever reason, its his right as a manager to not buy him. Wenger prefers Jagielka to Cahill
*GASP* Can it really be that simple? I'm starting to look at Wenger in a whole different light here.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 am

I think there's alot of panic with Bolton fans who thought teams would come in and offer 17 million for Cahill after 2-3 caps for England. i mean even Cleverly has been picked for England. And now when reality is setting in that no is daft enough to offer that much for Cahill and there's a chance he might leave on a free like Elmander......there's mass panic. i have been saying all summer he will go for 7-9 million last few days of the window

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:22 am

Abs wrote:I think there's alot of panic with Bolton fans who thought teams would come in and offer 17 million for Cahill after 2-3 caps for England. i mean even Cleverly has been picked for England. And now when reality is setting in that no is daft enough to offer that much for Cahill and there's a chance he might leave on a free like Elmander......there's mass panic. i have been saying all summer he will go for 7-9 million last few days of the window
We just want to know what is going to happen. No panic really. If you want to see panic go to an Arsenal site. Don't see Wanderer fans chanting at their manager to buy or sell. As far as managers go, while Coyle has had his outbursts he looks a lot more at ease than Wenger does right now.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 am

It's funny how an Arsenal fan comes on to a Bolton board and talks about PANIC
Pfffft.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:45 am

Abs wrote:I think there's alot of panic with Bolton fans who thought teams would come in and offer 17 million for Cahill after 2-3 caps for England. i mean even Cleverly has been picked for England. And now when reality is setting in that no is daft enough to offer that much for Cahill and there's a chance he might leave on a free like Elmander......there's mass panic. i have been saying all summer he will go for 7-9 million last few days of the window
You'll find we're really not arsed either way.

If he goes then we get a good wedge for a massively overrated footballer, if not we get to keep someone who whilst overrated is still our best defender.

You need to try harder :lol:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am

You realise this won't make you more attractive to girls, don't you...?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 am

I don't think girls are his priority

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:29 am

For some reason I keep reading Abs' comments in a french accent. It's kinda funny.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 am

Its a bit rich an Arsenal fan accusing us of taking out our frustrations on Wenger.

Still, lucky seven, eh?

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:39 am

abs wer you once in the boy band five??
Attachments
00075DDB-D89C-1D2B-989C80C328ECFE6C.jpg
00075DDB-D89C-1D2B-989C80C328ECFE6C.jpg (7.19 KiB) Viewed 1279 times