Bolton v Blue Moonies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bolton v Blue Moonies

Post by Raven » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Same, shame he moves so fast the wind turbulence knocks people over :)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:I thought Robbo played well!
I suspect as a left back, you're judging him by your own standards! Don't. He's not a pub player. :-)

That said, was quick thinking when Milner (?) took a quick free kick and he provided the cover.

His distribution is good - generally finds a White shirt. But defensively both he and Steinnson worry me.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Raven wrote:Same, shame he moves so fast the wind turbulence knocks people over :)
I've seen a replay of it.. He kicked Silva in the cock with his right foot!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I suspect as a left back, you're judging him by your own standards! Don't. He's not a pub player. :-)

That said, was quick thinking when Milner (?) took a quick free kick and he provided the cover.

His distribution is good - generally finds a White shirt. But defensively both he and Steinnson worry me.

You cheeky fecker!!

I've never played left-back!

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:37 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:did no one else think Eagles was our best player today?
city looked much more comfortable when he went off
Thought he grew into the game, but looked quite shy at first.

Once he got into it, he looked bloody brilliant.

As soon as he went off we reverted to "Jussi >>>> Davies", which I think is rather telling.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Choppers wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:did no one else think Eagles was our best player today?
city looked much more comfortable when he went off
Thought he grew into the game, but looked quite shy at first.

Once he got into it, he looked bloody brilliant.

As soon as he went off we reverted to "Jussi >>>> Davies", which I think is rather telling.
I was very surprised to see Eagles getting subbed - I'd have taken Reo-Coker off missen.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 pm

He was fooked!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 pm

yeah, eagles was blowing out of his arse by the end. Put a shift in, he did.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:He was fooked!
As was Petrov, Klasnic and Davies!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Goals can be seen here: http://www.freesoccerhighlights.com/soc ... t-21-2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The more I see it, the more impressive Klasnic's finish becomes. I swear he scores almost all his goals on the swivel-half-volley. Also, two decent balls by Petrov, who I thought was class the entire game (though tiring toward the end).

One thing that frustrated me, though: on several occasions we had decent shooting opportunites around the box but seemed to lack the decisiveness to unleash one, trying instead for the dainty through-ball when it wasn't really on (Eagles, Davies, and Mavis were all guilty of this).

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Sponge wrote:Goals can be seen here: http://www.freesoccerhighlights.com/soc ... t-21-2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The more I see it, the more impressive Klasnic's finish becomes. I swear he scores almost all his goals on the swivel-half-volley. Also, two decent balls by Petrov, who I thought was class the entire game (though tiring toward the end).

One thing that frustrated me, though: on several occasions we had decent shooting opportunites around the box but seemed to lack the decisiveness to unleash one, trying instead for the dainty through-ball when it wasn't really on (Eagles, Davies, and Mavis were all guilty of this).
My 7 year old was saying the same, so if its that obvious...........

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Mancinis's moan was about them giving away soft goals, (that about two really good ones from Klsnic and KD). . It should be OC doing that. If Jussi and our defence had been a bit sharper we'd have had a fair shout to win it. Despite their obvious talent,the only goal they really worked was the disallowed one. If we'd scored them the media would have called them hit and hope efforts.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Mancinis's moan was about them giving away soft goals, (that about two really good ones from Klsnic and KD). . It should be OC doing that. If Jussi and our defence had been a bit sharper we'd have had a fair shout to win it. Despite their obvious talent,the only goal they really worked was the disallowed one. If we'd scored them the media would have called them hit and hope efforts.
To be honest they did miss a couple sitters from some good moves and could have been way out in front by half time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Mancinis's moan was about them giving away soft goals, (that about two really good ones from Klsnic and KD). . It should be OC doing that. If Jussi and our defence had been a bit sharper we'd have had a fair shout to win it. Despite their obvious talent,the only goal they really worked was the disallowed one. If we'd scored them the media would have called them hit and hope efforts.
To be honest they did miss a couple sitters from some good moves and could have been way out in front by half time.
Aye, agreed. Not dismissing their footbal, it was great at times. But it was slack defending rather than anything else that cost us..

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:58 pm

I thought at times we were trying too hard to be Arsenal MkII. Davies had a chance to shoot, didn't. Eagles had a chance to shoot, didn't.

I'm all for "pretty football", but ffs have a shot when it's on.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Choppers wrote:I thought at times we were trying too hard to be Arsenal MkII. Davies had a chance to shoot, didn't. Eagles had a chance to shoot, didn't.

Blame Sam Allardyce. Twas he who forbade players to shoot from outside the box. Always thought it a daft rule. Campo just claimed he didn't understand English. :D

Adopt a Klasnicism "See the goal,hit it."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You cheeky fecker!!

There you go see. No standards by which to judge him. :-)

Thought you'd said you were a LB once over...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You cheeky fecker!!

There you go see. No standards by which to judge him. :-)

Thought you'd said you were a LB once over...
RB.. I slot between Right Back, Midfield or Centre Back. Left foot is for standing on

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Choppers wrote:I thought at times we were trying too hard to be Arsenal MkII. Davies had a chance to shoot, didn't. Eagles had a chance to shoot, didn't.

Blame Sam Allardyce. Twas he who forbade players to shoot from outside the box. Always thought it a daft rule. Campo just claimed he didn't understand English. :D

That was Nolan messing about on Goals on Sunday.. Allardyce and other players have always denied this. His rationale was have a pop if it's clear, otherwise get it in the mixer.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

That was Nolan messing about on Goals on Sunday.. Allardyce and other players have always denied this. His rationale was have a pop if it's clear, otherwise get it in the mixer.
Well, in fairness it was never that serious a comment, but I'm sure Okocha made the same comment somewhere along the line.