Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by HMX » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 am

Can see Arsenal coming in again nearer the end of the window and offering £8-10m - reckon it could be accepted.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 am

HMX wrote:Can see Arsenal coming in again nearer the end of the window and offering £8-10m - reckon it could be accepted.
Not a chance IMHO. Coyle is not weak kneed!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 am

Sponge wrote:Why would Gary want to go to Arsenal, anyway? They are the current laughing stock of football.
This is much more valid.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
HMX wrote:Can see Arsenal coming in again nearer the end of the window and offering £8-10m - reckon it could be accepted.
I agree with you (I hope he isn't) but I just don't know about this situation.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 am

HMX wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I agree with you (I hope he isn't) but I just don't know about this situation.
It's a situation where as a manager you stand firm on valuation and deal with the aftermath when that has been settled. Cahill will know what we expect for him.

If it's 17 then we cannot cave in. Not for that amount, and it wouldnt be hard to justify turning down a bid of half that amount down.

Once it gets to 14/15M I think is the point we might have to think about it! We will all find out fairly quickly.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 am

I don't think Coyle will accept anything less than £12M. He won't be bullied, and if it comes down to the crunch I think it's pretty clear who's got the bigger stones between him and Wenger.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:06 am

FaninOz wrote:Why would Cahill go to a team as a backup player when we can play first choice at Bolton or many other clubs in the Premiership?? It wouldn't do his England chances any good at all sitting on the bench at Arsenal and he will remember that Ben Haim did just that at Chelsea and look what happened to him.
I'm afraid our great England manager would disagree with you there FaninOz. He has been been recently quoted as saying he would rather play a substitute from a top four team than a regular in a mid table team. Experience means nothing but substitutes for a Champions League team will have a 'winning mentality'.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

Surely he wants to go somewhere that'll give him chances to win trophies :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

Take a look at Gartsides twitter and see the message he has just retweeted. Fighting talk!

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Take a look at Gartsides twitter and see the message he has just retweeted. Fighting talk!
For those of us who don't twitter or tweet or nice person or whatever it's called could you give us a transcript, please?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:13 am

Garty :pray:

Ignoring the misspelling of Garry (sic) Cahill, he's basically said that Wenger can do one.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:14 am

Link/quote please
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 am

Bruno3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Take a look at Gartsides twitter and see the message he has just retweeted. Fighting talk!
For those of us who don't twitter or tweet or tw*t or whatever it's called could you give us a transcript, please?
I don't tweet but you can still read, search @pagartside in google, see what he's retweeted. Hope he doesn't regret that.

In short the tweet said that Wenger can feck off and is a bellend. Remember Gartside didn't write it, just chose to retweet it!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 am

It was the bell-end comment that had me :lol:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 am

malcd1 wrote:our great England manager
Yeah well he's a nice person and all.
When he took the job he specifically said he would only pick players on merit; not because of which team they play for.
Businesswoman of the year.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:23 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think a lot of these Arsenal fans don't know Owen Coyle very well. He will have a figure in mind whether that is 17 or 15 or whatever. Owen Coyle will not sell for less, even if it risks him going on a free. Coyle will back himself into talking him into a new deal. He is single minded and determined, and will not be bullied.

Say what you like, but the window closes on Wednesday so we can all see then. Personally I suspect nothing will happen till Wenger gets above 12m probably around the 14m mark I suspect then there might be some discussions.

Mind as Wenger has already told us this summer Arsenal can no longer be considered a big club, so perhaps they will adopt a small club mentality and go with what they've got!
I didnt know Coyle was your chairman and made decision on bids. You make it sound like Coyle is very emotional and short sighted man. Cahill will leave next summer on free and Bolton will still be as broke as they are now with their 90 million debt.

Clichy went for 7 million far more experienced than Cahill
jose Enrique went for 6 million

Both of these players had 1 year left on their contract. Now if you guys live in this dream land where you expect someone to come in for Cahill and offer 15 million, then you will be in for a shock. The fact that your chairman is acting like a mug on twitter and showing how desperate he is tells me everything I need to know. We will make 6-7 million last day of the window and say take it or leave bitches and you will take it :spank:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 am

Haha, Gartside you legend:

retweeted by pagartside: "#arsenal are you taking the piss 6 million for Garry Cahill feck right off!!! #BWFC #wengerisabell"

Don't suppose we'll be getting any more Arsenal players on loan after that comment!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
malcd1 wrote:our great England manager
Yeah well he's a tw*t and all.
When he took the job he specifically said he would only pick players on merit; not because of which team they play for.
Thank you.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 am

lool at your chairman putting it out there we have made a bid hoping others come in....desperation

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 am

Abs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think a lot of these Arsenal fans don't know Owen Coyle very well. He will have a figure in mind whether that is 17 or 15 or whatever. Owen Coyle will not sell for less, even if it risks him going on a free. Coyle will back himself into talking him into a new deal. He is single minded and determined, and will not be bullied.

Say what you like, but the window closes on Wednesday so we can all see then. Personally I suspect nothing will happen till Wenger gets above 12m probably around the 14m mark I suspect then there might be some discussions.

Mind as Wenger has already told us this summer Arsenal can no longer be considered a big club, so perhaps they will adopt a small club mentality and go with what they've got!
I didnt know Coyle was your chairman and made decision on bids. You make it sound like Coyle is very emotional and short sighted man. Cahill will leave next summer on free and Bolton will still be as broke as they are now with their 90 million debt.

Clichy went for 7 million far more experienced than Cahill :lol:
jose Enrique went for 6 million

Both of these players had 1 year left on their contract. Now if you guys live in this dream land where you expect someone to come in for Cahill and offer 15 million, then you will be in for a shock. The fact that your chairman is acting like a mug on twitter and showing how desperate he is tells me everything I need to know :lol:. We will make 6-7 million last day of the window and say take it or leave bitches and you will take it :spank:
If you happened to look into it you'll see that whilst we owe £90m in total, a mere £10m of that is to the bank, the rest is to our wealthy owner.

So I wouldn't sweat it.

PS = You're a massive nice person