Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 am

Abs wrote:lool at your chairman putting it out there we have made a bid hoping others come in....desperation
Desperation? Take a lool at your manager for a fine example of that.
Businesswoman of the year.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 am

Abs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think a lot of these Arsenal fans don't know Owen Coyle very well. He will have a figure in mind whether that is 17 or 15 or whatever. Owen Coyle will not sell for less, even if it risks him going on a free. Coyle will back himself into talking him into a new deal. He is single minded and determined, and will not be bullied.

Say what you like, but the window closes on Wednesday so we can all see then. Personally I suspect nothing will happen till Wenger gets above 12m probably around the 14m mark I suspect then there might be some discussions.

Mind as Wenger has already told us this summer Arsenal can no longer be considered a big club, so perhaps they will adopt a small club mentality and go with what they've got!
I didnt know Coyle was your chairman and made decision on bids. You make it sound like Coyle is very emotional and short sighted man. Cahill will leave next summer on free and Bolton will still be as broke as they are now with their 90 million debt.

Clichy went for 7 million far more experienced than Cahill
jose Enrique went for 6 million

Both of these players had 1 year left on their contract. Now if you guys live in this dream land where you expect someone to come in for Cahill and offer 15 million, then you will be in for a shock. The fact that your chairman is acting like a mug on twitter and showing how desperate he is tells me everything I need to know. We will make 6-7 million last day of the window and say take it or leave bitches and you will take it :spank:

feck me, the irony.

Why don't you piss off now, son, before you make even more of an arse of yourself.

Wenger (or his chairman) has made a derisory bid for a player who is worth more, both in terms of his contribution for the coming season or his current value.

He stays - we get another season out of him and a higher league finish
He goes - someone gets a bloody good player, but not for £6m

Either way, Bolton will decide. Not Arsenal.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

Like i said, your chairman is putting on his twitter we bid 6 million hoping other may come in and make a bid. that to me says everything. The talk about 17 million earlier this summer has completely died as slowly but surely he's realising no one is that dumb.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am

Abs wrote:lool at your chairman putting it out there we have made a bid hoping others come in....desperation
Everyone knows there was a bid cos Coyles bessie mate wrote the article, and said so on twitter.

There is only one desperate club here and it's no BWFC. You have needed severs, top players for a long time and Wengers reluctance has meant your two best players have left. Now you can't land any of your targets and Wenger is panicking. Wenger will be gone my Christmas.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:36 am

And like our chairman said, you can feck right off.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:37 am

Abs wrote:Like i said, your chairman is putting on his twitter we bid 6 million hoping other may come in and make a bid. that to me says everything. The talk about 17 million earlier this summer has completely died as slowly but surely he's realising no one is that dumb.
You really are clueless :crazy:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:38 am

malcd1 wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Why would Cahill go to a team as a backup player when we can play first choice at Bolton or many other clubs in the Premiership?? It wouldn't do his England chances any good at all sitting on the bench at Arsenal and he will remember that Ben Haim did just that at Chelsea and look what happened to him.
I'm afraid our great England manager would disagree with you there FaninOz. He has been been recently quoted as saying he would rather play a substitute from a top four team than a regular in a mid table team. Experience means nothing but substitutes for a Champions League team will have a 'winning mentality'.
He wouldn't be a sub anyway. He's better then most of what we have got in central defence. He would slot into the first team alongside vermaellan.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:39 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Why would Cahill go to a team as a backup player when we can play first choice at Bolton or many other clubs in the Premiership?? It wouldn't do his England chances any good at all sitting on the bench at Arsenal and he will remember that Ben Haim did just that at Chelsea and look what happened to him.
I'm afraid our great England manager would disagree with you there FaninOz. He has been been recently quoted as saying he would rather play a substitute from a top four team than a regular in a mid table team. Experience means nothing but substitutes for a Champions League team will have a 'winning mentality'.
He wouldn't be a sub anyway. He's better then most of what we have got in central defence. He would slot into the first team alongside vermaellan.

GG there's no room for logic where Abs is concerned.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:42 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
nonsense, he's not better than Koscielny. Cahill have been scouted by all the top team in england for 2 years and no one is interested. Its because he's poor positionally. He will be a fine backup

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 am

You're a wanker, Abs. A clueless wanker with an overinflated sense of where your club lies in the great scheme of things.

You're on a slippery slope back to 8th.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 am

Abs wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
nonsense, he's not better than Koscielny. Cahill have been scouted by all the top team in england for 2 years and no one is interested. Its because he's poor positionally. He will be a fine backup

LL, if I may.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 am

:doh: barely sums up how stupid this guy is.

Typical Arsenal fan - sense of entitlement fully operational.

I feel sorry for GG, who seems a reasonable sort. This guy hasn't even put up a picture of himself in a swimsuit

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 am

Hey Abs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xie0b5 ... mbediframe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The end.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 am

Abs wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
As much as i hate to agree with Bolton fans on this, he's far better then Koscielny. Have you not seen the 2 of them play? Kos is a liability, Cahill has many seasons proven experience at a top quality premiership club (and Bolton ;) )

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:50 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:You're a wanker, Abs. A clueless wanker with an overinflated sense of where your club lies in the great scheme of things.

You're on a slippery slope back to 8th.
Im just saying the truth. 12 months left on his contract, no one wants him...in 5 days time he's worth 0 pound.......so 6 million is a good offer imo

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 am

He's worth more than £0 to us.

We get to keep a centre half who is undoubtedly better than all yours for another season. Then if he goes, well fine, we've had four years service from him - all the while your senile old nice person of a manager is leading you to another season of frustration where you'll emerge trophyless. That must hurt.

Still, at least you've got comfy seats in your soulless bowl of a stadium. Enjoy that thought as you munch on a broccoli pie or a stilton baguette at half time.

Wanker :lol:

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 am

Gooner Girl

Cahill plays for a small club who no one pays much attention to, he can make mistakes all day long and no one ever talks about it. Tell me how you ever seen any football show analyse Boltons defending? They had shocking defence last season, they conceded 5 against Stoke in Wembley where he looked like a clown. Even the weekend i watched him carefully and he was all over the place. this is another Joe Cole English media big up and make him sound like he's better than he really is. If he comes to Arsenal, you gonna see he's not better than kos

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

I imagine Abs is a JLS wannabe....

Most of the Arsenal fans I see around me look that way...

Tends to make me think they are particularly clueless about most things in life, and Abs appears to be proving that...

He's still no Cockney Rebel, I enjoyed him and his descriptions of Canary Wharf and how wonderful it was from his seat in the post room.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

aussie_wanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by aussie_wanderer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

wank off dick brain assenholes, we paid 5 million for cahill when he was a nobody, typical big clubs trying to rip off the small clubs, cant feking wait till we play arsenal in a few weeks, and cahill scores the winner,

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

Abs wrote:Gooner Girl

Cahill plays for a small club who no one pays much attention to, he can make mistakes all day long and no one ever talks about it. Tell me how you ever seen any football show analyse Boltons defending? They had shocking defence last season, they conceded 5 against Stoke in Wembley where he looked like a clown. Even the weekend i watched him carefully and he was all over the place. this is another Joe Cole English media big up and make him sound like he's better than he really is. If he comes to Arsenal, you gonna see he's not better than kos
Yet only one against Arsenal at the Reebok.

Funny that