Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Arsenal guest
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re:♥ Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Arsenal guest » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 am

TKIZ! wrote: You make a great point about market value, it depends on the player. I would ask as a Bolton fan, do you think think that Chamberlain is worth £12m spent? (never played in the Prem, never played outside of league 1)

Coyle has come out and said that he thinks that Gary could play for a top club. He realises that he can't keep Cahill forever but I certainly think he's worth more than £6m last year of his contract or not.

If he doesn't go then we get to keep a top player and lose him potentially for free at the end of the season. But I would suggest that Arsenal's need for silverware is greater than our need to make money from one particular player.
No idea about Chamberlain. Other than the hugely reliable (chuckle) Utube clips I've seen nothing of him. The only thing I'd say is that the initial fee is a fair bit less than that and it's the add-ons that will make it huge.

And Coyle is right. Cahill could play for a top club. But with one week left Arsenal are the only club to bid. It's that that will dictate the final offer for him

And yes we certainly need a decent centre half (if only as back-up depending on how much you rate Koscielny) but we're not limited to Cahill as an option. So it works both ways. And that's hopefully what's happening now. We come in low. You guys come back a lot higher and eventually we agree somewhere in the middle.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Choppers » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 am

Arsenal guest wrote: If the story about the £6 mill bid is true (and it's from the Mirror so I'm taking it with a big pinch of salt) it does apparently include add-ons. As it doesn't mention what those add-ons are it's a bit pointless to suggest it's a crap bid or a brilliant bid.
Not at all. Add-ons mean that it won't be included in the original fee, meaning we can't use that money NOW to strengthen OUR squad after our best defender leaves.

Arsenal want him? Fine, because we don't want to sell him, so Wenger needs to get the cheque book out and pay what WE want for OUR player. It's a bollocks bid, and to be honest, I hope they told him to feck off. He's taking the piss out of Bolton, and he's cunting off the Gooners fans, who deserve better than this kind of nonsense.
Last edited by Choppers on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 am

Arsenal guest wrote:
TKIZ! wrote: You make a great point about market value, it depends on the player. I would ask as a Bolton fan, do you think think that Chamberlain is worth £12m spent? (never played in the Prem, never played outside of league 1)

Coyle has come out and said that he thinks that Gary could play for a top club. He realises that he can't keep Cahill forever but I certainly think he's worth more than £6m last year of his contract or not.

If he doesn't go then we get to keep a top player and lose him potentially for free at the end of the season. But I would suggest that Arsenal's need for silverware is greater than our need to make money from one particular player.
No idea about Chamberlain. Other than the hugely reliable (chuckle) Utube clips I've seen nothing of him. The only thing I'd say is that the initial fee is a fair bit less than that and it's the add-ons that will make it huge.

And Coyle is right. Cahill could play for a top club. But with one week left Arsenal are the only club to bid. It's that that will dictate the final offer for him

And yes we certainly need a decent centre half (if only as back-up depending on how much you rate Koscielny) but we're not limited to Cahill as an option. So it works both ways. And that's hopefully what's happening now. We come in low. You guys come back a lot higher and eventually we agree somewhere in the middle.
But you're assuming all that can happen between Aug 26th and Aug 31st, not to mention agree terms, medical etc.
The whole thing leaves Wenger with no credibility whatsoever, and stinks of pure arrogance

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Coyle about to be on SSN. Press conference from this morning.
Anything to get excited about or just him chatting about tomorrows game?
C'mon Zico, spill the beans; he must've been on by now, the suspenders are killing me!
Businesswoman of the year.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Rightly described the offer as 'derisory'

Bolton 1, Wankers 0

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:34 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
C'mon Zico, spill the beans; he must've been on by now, the suspenders are killing me!
I wonder, should I use my invisibility to fight crime or to become a master criminal?

kick ass koala
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kick ass koala » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:36 pm

To the arsenal fans on here, while it might sound crazy to you that a Bolton fan would run out cahill's contract, it realy isnt. We paid 5 mil for him, selling him for 6 or even a few mil more is just pointless and id rather one last Cahill season and send him off on a free to Man Utd or City or Chelsea seen as tho they would pay more wages. We would give him a good final game farewell at the end of the season too. Its far more appealing than playing a whole season without our main defender and a week to find a replacement! Wise up!
-------------------------------------
Smite me oh mighty smiter !

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:38 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I wonder, should I use my invisibility to fight crime or to become a master criminal?
Basically said the 'offer' wasn't really one, one of Arsenal reps met PG and said would we take £6m. PG obviously said no. Owen then says it's a million miles away from the offer we expect but that he had told Gary and his agent about the bid.

The bit that will upset Abs is that Owen said that Cahill could happily fit into the Gooner back line and that he wouldn't hold up Gary if the offer was the right one
Pfffft.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:42 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Basically said the 'offer' wasn't really one, one of Arsenal reps met PG and said would we take £6m. PG obviously said no. Owen then says it's a million miles away from the offer we expect but that he had told Gary and his agent about the bid.

The bit that will upset Abs is that Owen said that Cahill could happily fit into the Gooner back line and that he wouldn't hold up Gary if the offer was the right one
You're too late; I'm not bothered anymore. :mrgreen:

Nah, ta for that. Nothing really different to what's being reported elsewhere then.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Re:♥ Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by BL3 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Arsenal guest wrote:We come in low. You guys come back a lot higher and eventually we agree somewhere in the middle.
I have an alternative scenario. You lot don't pay the asking price and we reject the offer.

This could be your one and only chance to sign him because I can't see him going to Arsenal after this transfer window closes. We'll accept a nominal fee in January and that will generate other interest. Either that, or he'll leave for nothing at the end of the season and that will generate even more interest.

Either way, I can't see him joining a club that's won nothing for years when he could join a club which is genuinely competitive, so it's time for Wenger to put or shut up.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Why would he sign for a team who value him so low?

Pretty appalling behaviour.

What's that? Echoes of your pious wankmanship about Fabregas? :lol:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Arsenal guest wrote:

Agree. Arsenal guest is talking way more sense then Abs.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Sorry Hoss, just heating up me dinner. Nothing new to report other than Wenger press conference soon and Wanker Swanson on SSN saying lots of questions relating to Cahill going to be asked.

Really Brian? Really, journalists will be asking Wenger about Cahill, finger on the pulse there fella
Pfffft.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Abs wrote:Gooner Girl

Cahill plays for a small club who no one pays much attention to, he can make mistakes all day long and no one ever talks about it. Tell me how you ever seen any football show analyse Boltons defending? They had shocking defence last season, they conceded 5 against Stoke in Wembley where he looked like a clown. Even the weekend i watched him carefully and he was all over the place. this is another Joe Cole English media big up and make him sound like he's better than he really is. If he comes to Arsenal, you gonna see he's not better than kos
Abs? What kind of a name is that? Are you Purple Aki?
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Arsenal guest wrote:

Colonel Gadaffi talks more sense than ABS
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Arsenal guest wrote:

Colonel Gadaffi talks more sense than ABS
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:29 pm

So good he posted twice :)
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... cahill-bid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Hahahahaha
Pfffft.

kick ass koala
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kick ass koala » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Should have emailed them back with an offer of an away parking space for wenger in return for Wilshire.

Sounds fair. Comes in handy once a year. Two if cup ties favour him.
-------------------------------------
Smite me oh mighty smiter !

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:52 pm

From the Guardian: Wenger denying they bid 6M for Cahill. It was probably £6.1.

"Here's David Hytner from Arsenal's training ground. "Arsene Wenger swears blind that he has not offered a derisory £6m for Gary Cahill. 'It's not true,' he said. 'You can believe me or Phil Gartside. You are free, absolutely, to think what you want. I just tell you it's not right.' Follow-up question: Was the figure lower than £6m, then? 'You know me very well.' Wenger replied. Much laughter."