Wanderers v The Delusional (Mackems)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Wanderers v The Delusional (Mackems)

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 pm

The Axman wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
The Axman wrote:I see this as a must win match. Even this early in the season, if Bolton lose, then I don't think we will escape relegation and will probably stay in the bottom three throughout the entire season - how depressing is that?
I think it is very winnable, but it depends on how early OC substitutes. I think he will start with last week's lineup (it would be suicidal to start having a rotational policy like the Manc clubs; BWFC're too poor for that, both financially and talent-wise), and Sunderland will probably score first (through Larsson, is my guess). It then comes down to how soon OC realises that N'gog/SKD ain't working and brings on Klasnic (and Tuncay). Just my opinion, but I'd hate to see Klasnic on late trying to get two or more goals in less time than it takes to make a decent bacon sarnie.
"We"?? you support Buxton.
I was using the royal We, as in you.
You as in me? Or you as in you? Because wouldnt that be me and not you?

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
The Axman wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
The Axman wrote:I see this as a must win match. Even this early in the season, if Bolton lose, then I don't think we will escape relegation and will probably stay in the bottom three throughout the entire season - how depressing is that?
I think it is very winnable, but it depends on how early OC substitutes. I think he will start with last week's lineup (it would be suicidal to start having a rotational policy like the Manc clubs; BWFC're too poor for that, both financially and talent-wise), and Sunderland will probably score first (through Larsson, is my guess). It then comes down to how soon OC realises that N'gog/SKD ain't working and brings on Klasnic (and Tuncay). Just my opinion, but I'd hate to see Klasnic on late trying to get two or more goals in less time than it takes to make a decent bacon sarnie.
"We"?? you support Buxton.
I was using the royal We, as in you.
You as in me? Or you as in you? Because wouldnt that be me and not you?
I don't know anymore. I can feel the will to live draining out of me, and it's not even Saturday 16:45 yet.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Athers wrote:Can't see why Fanzone wouldn't be open for this game considering our opposition and there's a decent game on in the early kick off.

Train should be alright I imagine.

I know what your username is about, wonder if anyone else is cool enough to :)
I think I do, but I'll have to check, mate.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Caro-Kann wrote:You've started to get me worried about travelling to this match by train now.
I'm on an early train from Glasgow with my wee boy so expect to arrive around noon so
don't anticipate any problems then, however, I'm now concerned about the train back from
Horwich Parkway to Preston. Has there been a lot of trouble on previous Sunderland visits?

Will the fanzone be open in the Premier Suite?
The last two Bolton matches we've been at have been scoreless, so a
goal would be nice and a win even better.
No Fanzone for Saturday....being prepared for a boxing match.

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Caro-Kann wrote:You've started to get me worried about travelling to this match by train now.
I'm on an early train from Glasgow with my wee boy so expect to arrive around noon so
don't anticipate any problems then, however, I'm now concerned about the train back from
Horwich Parkway to Preston. Has there been a lot of trouble on previous Sunderland visits?

Will the fanzone be open in the Premier Suite?

The last two Bolton matches we've been at have been scoreless, so a
goal would be nice and a win even better.
I expect they'll be headed the opposite way towards Manchester to change trains if I'm honest.

Sunderland have no real issue with us, don't see why there'd be any trouble, or particularly remember there being before. As usual, I'd just say don't be an idiot, if you are worried don't show your colours and people won't normally touch you if you've got a kid with you anyway.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Lawro predicting a home win :(

I heard the end of a bit with OC on t'radio earlier. I missed the question from the interviewer so no idea what it was about but OC was saying something about quality. Could have been talking about the GB football team at the olympics, the home match against Sunderland or what's happening in the middle east. It was on the normal news so you'd think it was 1 or 3.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:01 pm

I MAY have two complimentary tickets for Saturday's game. I'll be up front as I've given first refusal to a mate but I'm pretty sure he can't make it so they'll be given the first to pm me.
The Voice Of Reason

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:I heard the end of a bit with OC on t'radio earlier. I missed the question from the interviewer so no idea what it was about but OC was saying something about quality. Could have been talking about the GB football team at the olympics, the home match against Sunderland or what's happening in the middle east. It was on the normal news so you'd think it was 1 or 3.
I just hope it wasn't about Steve Bruce !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Athers wrote:Can't see why Fanzone wouldn't be open for this game considering our opposition and there's a decent game on in the early kick off.

Indeed, Prufrock my punning friend. However, the significance of the name to a BWFC fan from Glasgow escapes me (I'm not that cool). A mediocre defense perhaps? :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Trotski wrote:Bendtner to score. Seem to be firing on all cylinders now after leaving the mess that is Arsenal.
He's scored one goal in 356 minutes for Sunderland, so "by the law of averages" (which football fans only ever invoke to predict doom) we should be alright unless we play till 1am.
I sure hope I'm wrong.

He's had three fine performances, three goals and two assists in the three internationals since leaving Arsenal. Looked very decent to say the least.
Oh coitus!

Delusional Mackem
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Delusional Mackem » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 pm

May I be the first ignorant chav plastic Geordie to post in this thread. I predict 2-0 to youse, Brown has actually been our best player this season but the remaining back four have been utter shite. We'll play the majority of the game 4-4-1 once Cattermole has been sent off.

BTW Caro-Kann is a chess opening. We ain't all as thick as mince :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Delusional Mackem wrote:May I be the first ignorant chav plastic Geordie to post in this thread. I predict 2-0 to youse, Brown has actually been our best player this season but the remaining back four have been utter shite. We'll play the majority of the game 4-4-1 once Cattermole has been sent off.

Google is your friend :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Delusional Mackem wrote:May I be the first ignorant chav plastic Geordie to post in this thread. I predict 2-0 to youse, Brown has actually been our best player this season but the remaining back four have been utter shite. We'll play the majority of the game 4-4-1 once Cattermole has been sent off.

Google is your friend :wink:
-
Nawwww wears to much Bing for me!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Prufrock wrote:

we've been at this exact point before!! when Caro first posted his introduction... there followed a slice of amusing and witty chess repartee...

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... 89#p605489

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Welcome in Mackem. Our cynisism is based purely on the annual invasion of one or two wums from up your end. No problems with sensible posts.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Caro-Kann
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caro-Kann » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote: No Fanzone for Saturday....being prepared for a boxing match.
That's a shame as we arrive in Preston just before noon so if we were to get the next train south
that'd be us there at about 12:30.
Any suggestions with regards keeping a fitba daft 6 year old entertained prior to kick off?
Could stay on the train to Bolton and visit the museum as I see the Lofthouse exhibition is still on.

Glad my username's twice produced such merriment :) , perhaps I should have chosen four Knights
to add a Bolton context, although the comment about me picking Caro-Kann cause it's a shite defence made me laugh.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 am

The three goals against Wigan all came from defensive cock-ups, albeit there was still some work to do before scoring. Only seen the highlights so could soneone tell me if we actually created any scoring chances without such help. It would help me decide how much confidence to bring along tomorrow. Thanks

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 am

Caro-Kann wrote:Any suggestions with regards keeping a fitba daft 6 year old entertained prior to kick off?
Could stay on the train to Bolton and visit the museum as I see the Lofthouse exhibition is still on.
Is the national footie museum still at Deepdale or have they moved it yet? Mind you, Deepdale's a fair trek from the station.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 am

It shut at Preston about a year ago, but I don't think the new one in Manchester has opened yet.
Businesswoman of the year.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

Breaking News... he (Bruce) could hand Connor Wickham his first start in the Premier League. Interesting.