Cold Mashed Spuds v Bolton (the official match thread).

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Cold Mashed Spuds v Bolton (the official match thread).

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 am

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Athers wrote:This will be a complete thumping, kudos to those who are going.
Enfield's taking his daughter - presumably so she won't mither him to go again, the crafty bassa ;)
Poor girl. Enfield put her through the trauma of Wembley too..

Exactly! That didn't put her off either.

GG nothing in the world could convince her to support a team in red. It's genetic.
she tried and failed with my daughter... seems yours is the next in line!
Carys is a work in progress. Shes now not that interested in Bolton so should be easy to now get her interested in Arsenal. Perhaps a nice little Arsenal themed Christmas gift to make up for the Bolton Cutlery you inflicted on the twins?! ;) Need to work fast actually, before you move :(

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 am

Yep. I'm sooooooo glad that I support Buxton; I shall be there on Saturday (home v North Ferriby United) thinking of you all (those of you actually at the Tattie Patch) as we grind out a 0-0 draw.
I will have significant interest on the result though, as I've foolishly* backed Ivan the Croat to score the first and fifth goals. [*Foolishly: as in the odds demonstrate the unlikely occurence of this combination].

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Bring her to the Fulham game GtE, and i'll spend the afternoon convincing her she really wants to support a decent local team that plays in red... ;)

Our record at Fulham is worse than our record at WHL....Therapy it ain't.
The only other time i have watched Fulham play Bolton live you won, maybe i'll be a lucky mascot... (might even cheer you on ;) )
You better bring your boots if you don't mind playing RB. Coyle would likely pick you in front of Steinnson.

We haven't won in the League at Craven Cottage since 1992.
It was a cup match i watched, few seasons back. You won aet and Al Habisi had a blinder, Bish, i and Bishs daughter had pretty much the entire away end to ourselves...

(i normally play left midfield, i only use my right foot for standing on ;) )
I remember that match. The District line was messed up and I only got to the 8 Bells in time for 1 pint with GTE. The match was dire, about 50 of us in the terrace and fecking freezing. The hip flask got emptied that night! Actually, with 10 minutes to go I was praying for a winner so as not to endure extra time. With 2 mins to go I was praying for anyone to score to prevent extra time. Absolutely dire it was!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 pm

T'was fecking fleeing. You okay AT? Long time no speak!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 pm

ahhh so there were more of you there! We probably walked right past each other GtE. Did you see thebish that day?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Hot Spuds would be delicious on a day like today, not sure we'll be able to stomach cold mashed spuds on a rainy day in London.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:ahhh so there were more of you there! We probably walked right past each other GtE. Did you see thebish that day?

Not sure we'd been introduced then.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:T'was fecking fleeing. You okay AT? Long time no speak!
Aye, I'm fine ta. Just busier than a busy thing at the moment. Just had the odd fleeting moment on here this last year. How are you and the family?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:ahhh so there were more of you there! We probably walked right past each other GtE. Did you see thebish that day?

I think we met Bish the Fulham match prior. I now can remember that the beer ceased just as I got to the front of the queue that night :(

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

I think we met Bish the Fulham match prior. I now can remember that the beer ceased just as I got to the front of the queue that night :(

You were with those two Spanish lads weren't you?

Family's good, thanks.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote: You were with those two Spanish lads weren't you?

Family's good, thanks.
Aye. Miguel the Atletico Madrid/Bolton fan. I still laugh about the time we were at The Atletico game, him with his Atletico shirt on and Bolton scarf. The steward trying to make him take the shirt off and the crowd around us telling the steward to feck off. Was a good night that :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

If it's the right game, I guess it must be, win away at Fulham, you're all soft. Was cawd, but nowt the awesome pie (second only to the beautiful Charlton pies) from the guy doing a burger van outside but inside the stadium didn't solve. Ace ground Cottage. Won AET with Sammy Lee grimacing gloriously four foot below the lowest of the fans who were at sea level.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

M6 J24 Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by M6 J24 Wanderer » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:42 am

My 1st ever post on this forum not expecting much this weekend but i remember few years back when wigan went to spurs the season after the 7-0 thumping they were on a bad run (as ever) an spurs where flying high yet wigan turned them over fingers crossed we can do the same on sat.
North Upper Wanderer

bwfcmadlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcmadlad » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:28 am

M6 Jct 24, i work at jct 25, you a wigan wanderer?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Funnily enough I was stuck in a hotel in deepest Darwen or somewhere, for my daughters wedding, when I experienced utter joy at Bolton beating Spurs. 2-0 up and being fed updates by a hoard of kids bribed with fifty pence pieces who were watching TV in a side room I was distraught when told it was now 2-2. Sick as the proverbial parrot I could hardly believe it when one young lad dashed in and said Davo had scored at the death and we'd won 3-2. A grand day was crowned in the best possible way.I can still clearly recall Alan Shearer saying on M.O.T.D that evening: "Six players went for that ball; only one wanted it badly enough, Kevin Davies". Davo dived amongst them and headed it in at the near post. Just hope Davo recalls it as clearly and does it again.

COME ON YOU WHITES. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Funnily enough I was stuck in a hotel in deepest Darwen or somewhere, for my daughters wedding, when I experienced utter joy at Bolton beating Spurs. 2-0 up and being fed updates by a hoard of kids bribed with fifty pence pieces who were watching TV in a side room I was distraught when told it was now 2-2. Sick as the proverbial parrot I could hardly believe it when one young lad dashed in and said Davo had scored at the death and we'd won 3-2. A grand day was crowned in the best possible way.I can still clearly recall Alan Shearer saying on M.O.T.D that evening: "Six players went for that ball; only one wanted it badly enough, Kevin Davies". Davo dived amongst them and headed it in at the near post. Just hope Davo recalls it as clearly and does it again.

You never know KD might try for the second game in the last 30 odd. Then again, probably not...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Funnily enough I was stuck in a hotel in deepest Darwen or somewhere, for my daughters wedding, when I experienced utter joy at Bolton beating Spurs. 2-0 up and being fed updates by a hoard of kids bribed with fifty pence pieces who were watching TV in a side room I was distraught when told it was now 2-2. Sick as the proverbial parrot I could hardly believe it when one young lad dashed in and said Davo had scored at the death and we'd won 3-2. A grand day was crowned in the best possible way.I can still clearly recall Alan Shearer saying on M.O.T.D that evening: "Six players went for that ball; only one wanted it badly enough, Kevin Davies". Davo dived amongst them and headed it in at the near post. Just hope Davo recalls it as clearly and does it again.

You never know KD might try for the second game in the last 30 odd. Then again, probably not...
I think he has been trying to be fair, but pumping the ball down the middle for Fellani (or insert any decent header of the ball on the opposition team here.........) to clear for 90 mins isn't helping.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 pm

"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: You never know KD might try for the second game in the last 30 odd. Then again, probably not...
I think he has been trying to be fair, but pumping the ball down the middle for Fellani (or insert any decent header of the ball on the opposition team here.........) to clear for 90 mins isn't helping.
Worry not AW, BWFCI will happily omit the sentiment of any post for the opportunity to have a go at KD. It's just his happy nature. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm

My alternative shape for Spurs away..

"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"