Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should he stay or should he go?

He should be given more time (indefinite)
28%
He should be given until Christmas
26%
He should be given a couple more games
13%
He should be sacked immediately
34%

Total votes: 94

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

See, we'll be told he's had nowt to spend

The ones he's bought, he doesn't play

Even his golden boy Petrov doesn't get a look in

When we got that goal today it was crying out for Petrov left, get Davies off, shove Tuncay nearer to Klasnic and Petrov on the left

Would've been a sign of intent and would've lifted the crowd, but no, what we got was another winger playing on the wrong wing

He can get fcuked

We'd have got overrun in midfield, but that was happening anyway
Sto ut Serviam

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:See, we'll be told he's had nowt to spend

The ones he's bought, he doesn't play

Even his golden boy Petrov doesn't get a look in

When we got that goal today it was crying out for Petrov left, get Davies off, shove Tuncay nearer to Klasnic and Petrov on the left

Would've been a sign of intent and would've lifted the crowd, but no, what we got was another winger playing on the wrong wing

He can get fcuked

We'd have got overrun in midfield, but that was happening anyway
Totally agree....but almost everyone now knows that Coyle's totally clueless as a manager and very tactically naive - square pegs in round holes time and time again

And if the owner & chairman can't see what's obvious to the fans then we really are fcuked....

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 pm

It's just not happening. It's time to get shut and give someone else a bash. We'll probably still go down but we've got to try something. It's getting (or probably got) to the point where we just know we're going to lose before we even get on the pitch.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Up to about 2:30pm today I've been in the give Coyle time camp. We're in danger of the chaos of a new manager every season or so and the common consequence of that has been seen time and again as clubs desperately try to cling on to the PL money.

When I saw the line-up this afternoon I knew we were doomed. Were it not for a fairly poor Villa side, it would have been a complete embarrassment; another to add to this seasons long list. I don't think it matters much which back 4 plays, it is pretty poor however you try and shuffle that lot around. Even up front I can stomach KD and Klasnic. Not my choice mind. The choice of midfield was a complete joke. Eagles on either side I was ok with. Lets face it, who else can we play? Mavies in the middle is fine, even if he isn't cutting it still. But Pratley? Pratley is poor enough, but with Mavies it is a disaster. We absolutely needed Muamba today. You can't play 2 lightweight players in the middle and get away with it. My other major problem is Tuncay. I wouldn't have a problem with him playing off the striker(s), but he is not a winger and never will be. We already know this, so why? It is the same as playing Wheater at RB. It is a disaster.

Coyle is consistently chopping and changing the 11. But to keep playing people in their weak positions is unforgiveable. For this reason he has to go. All this team needs is some shape, some hunger and a little bottle. Any manager that instills this in our team will get us equivalent of mid table over a season.

Whoever comes in next has to do the basics right and we need to build on that for years to come. Otherwise we're down and staying down.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Up to about 2:30pm today I've been in the give Coyle time camp. We're in danger of the chaos of a new manager every season or so and the common consequence of that has been seen time and again as clubs desperately try to cling on to the PL money.

When I saw the line-up this afternoon I knew we were doomed. Were it not for a fairly poor Villa side, it would have been a complete embarrassment; another to add to this seasons long list. I don't think it matters much which back 4 plays, it is pretty poor however you try and shuffle that lot around. Even up front I can stomach KD and Klasnic. Not my choice mind. The choice of midfield was a complete joke. Eagles on either side I was ok with. Lets face it, who else can we play? Mavies in the middle is fine, even if he isn't cutting it still. But Pratley? Pratley is poor enough, but with Mavies it is a disaster. We absolutely needed Muamba today. You can't play 2 lightweight players in the middle and get away with it. My other major problem is Tuncay. I wouldn't have a problem with him playing off the striker(s), but he is not a winger and never will be. We already know this, so why? It is the same as playing Wheater at RB. It is a disaster.

Coyle is consistently chopping and changing the 11. But to keep playing people in their weak positions is unforgiveable. For this reason he has to go. All this team needs is some shape, some hunger and a little bottle. Any manager that instills this in our team will get us equivalent of mid table over a season.

Whoever comes in next has to do the basics right and we need to build on that for years to come. Otherwise we're down and staying down.
Yep this. The decision to leave out Muamba for Pratley was so glaringly bad you wonder if Coyle was having a laugh for a bet.

Then Tuncay on the wing just to top it all off!

Ridiculous!

One Hump Or Two?
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by One Hump Or Two? » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm

When I saw the line-up this afternoon I knew we were doomed
Yup - it reminded me of the FA Cup semi with Mandy in midfield. You can't look at a midfield comprising Pratley, Mavies, and Tuncay and Eagles both played out of position, and be under any illusion that Coyle has a clue what he's doing. He's throwing at the dartboard with a blindfold on and hoping he might hit treble 20 eventually. The result was that even against a mediocre Villa side, we looked like absolute gash.

I voted give him a couple more games. He's had one of them. It was sh1t. I can't be bothered to wait to see how the second one goes. Time to go.

bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Coyle has been given enough time.

After todays result I am so upset, I feel the need to post on here for the first time in over a year.

I had faith that everyone at BWFC realised what a big game it was today for everyone involved, it tells you everything that is currently wrong with our management structure when they muster a performance as poor as that one today.

The bloke sat next to me today has it correct IMO, he said Coyle is a coach and thats all he will ever amount to, he is not a manager and never will be at this level.

He is lost,he is a pretender to the throne........and he's been found out.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 pm

New poll time?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 pm

If he is a coach he is a bad un

cant coach defending thats for sure

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Aaarrrrgghhhh. Sooo disappointing. I just can't believe that OC is repeating the same mistakes game after game. A two man central midfield not containing Holden is the worst in the Prem, anyone can see that. This is why we see less of the ball than the opposition every game, no matter who we are playing. Davies and Klasnic are easy to defend against - with no pace to stretch defences. Anyone can see that.

We will certainly go down the way things are, and it is very difficult to see anyone else saving us too. The only way we can stop up is if Holden and CYL come back fit and on top form with enough time for us to get the necessary points.....

bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

"The only way we can stop up is if Holden and CYL come back fit and on top form with enough time for us to get the necessary points....."

Not chance we can wait for them to come back. Coyle has had a chance to add improvements to the squad and failed spectacularly with some very average/poor signings.

Holden aside Coyle's only signings of any repute are loan signings from big clubs. He needs to go and some fresh ideas in the January transfer window.

Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce for me, we need some steel.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:30 pm

And whilst we are on about loan signings let's look at Boyata. For how long did Coyle pursue him?

All summer long?

And you'd have to ask why the fook?

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 pm

[quote="bwfc"]"The only way we can stop up is if Holden and CYL come back fit and on top form with enough time for us to get the necessary points....."

Not chance we can wait for them to come back. Coyle has had a chance to add improvements to the squad and failed spectacularly with some very average/poor signings.

Holden aside Coyle's only signings of any repute are loan signings from big clubs. He needs to go and some fresh ideas in the January transfer window.

Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce for me, we need some steel.[/quote

no no no. Yes things are bad right now but fcuk me syeve bruce isn't the answer

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:33 pm

bwfc wrote:Coyle has been given enough time.

After todays result I am so upset, I feel the need to post on here for the first time in over a year.

I had faith that everyone at BWFC realised what a big game it was today for everyone involved, it tells you everything that is currently wrong with our management structure when they muster a performance as poor as that one today.

The bloke sat next to me today has it correct IMO, he said Coyle is a coach and thats all he will ever amount to, he is not a manager and never will be at this level.

He is lost,he is a pretender to the throne........and he's been found out.

A coach is exactly what he is NOT

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:39 pm

or Steve Bruce for me,

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Il Pirate wrote:or Steve Bruce for me,

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Not enough "doh's" in the World for that proposal.

I honestly would sit the rest of the season out if we brought that thick, disloyal feck here.

Hughes, nice, but not sure he'd come.

Where's Bill Ridding when you need him ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 pm

For the first time I left the game today at half time because I was so angry and couldn't face seeing the same shite from Coyle. I felt bad once I set off home because I have always supported the lads no matter what but my anger got the better of me..

Just out of interest how many times this season have we conceded from a ball knocked in low from out wide? United did it for 3/4 of there goals against us .. Everton's 2 goals at the last home game .. today against villa..

I fear for who we might bring in but a change is needed.. maybe Curbishley? not most people's favourite but would get us looking solid again and actually defending. Cant think of many more and no chance of Hughes.. giving a up and coming manager a chance is a no go at the moment IMO.. we need experience.

bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:04 am

"or Steve Bruce for me,

I honestly would sit the rest of the season out if we brought that thick, disloyal feck here."

Thats how bad things are. Coyle's stock is lower than most championship managers, he is proving to be a very costly mistake. At this moment in time Steve Bruce is streets ahead and that isn't Bruce being that good, just Coyle being so very poor.

Coyle has been found out, we need a change and quick. Bruce would do for me to keep us up, it wouldn't be pretty (especially the interviews) but at least it would be effective.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 am

bwfc wrote:"or Steve Bruce for me,

I honestly would sit the rest of the season out if we brought that thick, disloyal feck here."

Thats how bad things are. Coyle's stock is lower than most championship managers, he is proving to be a very costly mistake. At this moment in time Steve Bruce is streets ahead and that isn't Bruce being that good, just Coyle being so very poor.

Coyle has been found out, we need a change and quick. Bruce would do for me to keep us up, it wouldn't be pretty (especially the interviews) but at least it would be effective.

Bruce would just be another Megson. I know we need a change but I honestly don't think Bruce is the man. It's been mentioned on other threads I know but he's a chequebook manager. Also, people mentioning Peter Reid? Are you fcuking real? He'll shout and swear and not much else. Souness is our man

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 am

I hate sacking managers if it can be at all avoided. As a general strategy, I favour backing managers through tough spells if it's at all possible and you fundamentally believe in their character and judgement.

As it happens, Coyle has never been my kind of guy - he's not enough of a git, and I go for that 'us against the world' siege mentality, not this praising the opposition manager on a Thursday/Friday.

Nevertheless, until today I was one of those in exile not seeing enough games to have run out of patience.

I don't sign up to the 'anyone is better' school of thought, but if we can attract someone with some decent credentials and a personality that will lift the club, then OC has to go.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families