Mr Lazy.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Mr Lazy.

Post by Eloy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 am

Is the thread starter serious? He's the only guy scoring. He's very good IF he gets the provisions. Good vision and good passing. Probably the most valuable Bolton player currently.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:30 am

The Axman wrote:Some of the finest fellas* in football may appear to be lazy, but that isn't necessarily the best way to judge them, especially for forwards. I wouldn't give a monkeys if he stood about not moving for 84 minutes so long as in the six when he did, he scored. Give him a break, he's only got one kidney!

[* take that slightly fat fella that used to 'play' for Liverpool. Can't remember his name but was a Johnny Foreigner Nordic-type with the best Scouse accent in the world. He made even Carragher sound like he spoke with the Queen's English. He used to stand about doing bugger all but made some of the sweetest passes that have ever been manufactured on a football pitch]
I thought he had both kidneys? One his own and the other... someone else.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:47 am

Start N'Gog with Klasnic, sent Davies on for Klasnic at 60 minutes, when Ivan starts strolling around.

FWIW, I thought he worked harder than I've ever seen him work last night..for the first hour.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 am

Choppers wrote:Start N'Gog with Klasnic, sent Davies on for Klasnic at 60 minutes, when Ivan starts strolling around.

FWIW, I thought he worked harder than I've ever seen him work last night..for the first hour.
He played well and worked hard. What more do people want?

He didn't get any provisions so he couldn't score. Can't score every time (especially when there are no chances for him to take).

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 am

Eloy, I don't think the one that's his (Ivan's) works, but the one that's someone elses does, hence why he's only got one.

I thought he worked too hard last night. He'd have been more effective sitting in his deck chair waiting for the inevitable chances. I thought he was too deep.

And once again, N'gog showed just how useless he is.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:01 pm

The Axman wrote:
I thought he worked too hard last night. He'd have been more effective sitting in his deck chair waiting for the inevitable chances. I thought he was too deep.
Exactafookinmundo! He was all over the place last night, which will of course have delighted those that like to see players run around like scalded cocks. Had he got his armchair out though and played off of the last defender then he'd have been far better placed to have turned in one of those whipped-in crosses that Petrov kept putting in.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:06 pm

The sort of deliveries, he'd usually feckin' love!

I think he was under isntruction last night to be a link man. N'Gog the last man.

It worked too, I thought. His link-up play was decent. His little knock down for Reo Coker before the ball was sublime
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm

He was definitely under instruction. I wasn't at the ground but even on the telly you could hear Coyle screaming instructions at him. I think from the arm movements and the "Ivan, Ivan, F*ckin drop back" that he wanted him deeper.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Was interesting to assess his contribution last night without getting near the goal, the Hanley tackle aside.

Not our top performer but he did alright I thought in what was a frantic game at times. I always think he's better on the right hand side of the pitch so when he's coming inside to look for a pass he can shield the ball from defenders and pass with his left foot.

Just checked the chalkboards -
7 tackles - 4 won
0 shots.
20 of 24 passes made, most of which are to wider positions - he also made no passes from or into the box...

http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Didn't look lazy last night. As noted, told to drop deep in the space made by actually having a pacy striker.

Might play higher up in a home game. We'll soon see.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 pm

I thought Ngog did OK last night. He gets into the right positions and makes good runs, and was within a gnat's pube of scoring off that header. His touch can be shoddy, but I reckon that's simply through lack of game time. I have faith.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Tricky one Klasnic - he's a good footballer and Ngog is quicker so makes sense having Ngog on the shoulder
But imagine if he'd been near the penner spot where he should be when Petrov slapped those crosses in...

He looked shattered when he came off.