No time to make crap puns - Bolton v Newcastle, 26 Dec

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Re: No time to make crap puns - Bolton v Newcastle, 26 Dec

Post by t_o_molloy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:Surely he is as much of a left-back now as Nolan is centre-half? Looked comfortable on the ball, but didn't look like a defender against Macclesfield. It's San Rarrets all the way!
He's a central midfielder but technically it's him.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:50 pm

I didnt enjoy that.

I lost my rag with Robinson today after that second goal more than I have about anything snce Hull made it 2-2 under Megson where you just knew it was coming. When Alonso played against Blackburn, aside from however well he played it was just refreshing to have an actual footballer playing at left back because Ive forgotten what it was like. You can shove Robinson having some sort of never say day attitude because it doesnt mean a jot when he's absolutely, completely shit at playing football - everything he does puts us under pressure, a total liability and the sooner he is out of the club the better. Im absolutely fuming.

Everything else was bobbins as well, apart from that bloke turning up in the mankini.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:29 am

Yeah but robinson this robinson that

a monkey could pick a 451 with our players and pick up points

coyle is a fecking fool

worse than mcfarland?

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:46 am

Coyle's tactics are 15 years behind the prem. It probably applies to his training methods too. And it shows on the pitch. I just watched WBA and they were drilled and organised defensively, the same really can't be applied to our team. Week in week out he's not giving us the best chance of getting points with his team selections and formations. A decent manager could get us comfortably to mid table, I mean Newcastle are 7th ffs!(Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of them but they weren't that strong today).

29 from 38 games since Dec 29th last year. The mans stealing a living.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:49 am

Dr.Karl wrote:The mans stealing a living.
:pray:
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:08 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:And still folk will defend him

Today was nothing to do with 'championship budgets'

It was all to do with a ridiculous substitution - oh aye, he picked the wrong team, too, but that's a given
Think that's a tad harsh CAPS. It isn't necessarily the team I'd have picked, but given it seems he had no option at fullback (I may have been tempted by Ricketts at left back, but I have no idea how fit he is) I'd probably only have made two changes, and I can't see how Wheater for Knight would have affected it much.

It wasn't as 'wrong' as it has been, shall we say. At least he recognised we needed some movement up top, and that Muamba and NCR had to play, though he then f*cked that up by taking Muamba off. My problem was he a)misjudged the whole mood of the place. After Tuesday, a hard fought point where we actually did some attacking (in that we were in their half, if not creating chances) would, finally, have created some momentum and good feeling before Wolves. The chance to put a run together. He threw that away moronically by b) making a dim change that opened up the middle of the park and created a desperate win or bust mentality in the team by taking away the central solidity we had.

Budgets are an excuse for not having good enough players. They are not an excuse for failing, consistently to get the best out of the players you do have.
IF Steinnson was unavailable, and that will hopefully come out when he writes his memoirs, the back 5 could - but admittedly, it's arguable - have been improved with Wheater in for Knight...other than that, he made the only choice he could

Its the front 6...wrong, wrong, wrong

He would have gone 4-2 whatever happened at Rovers but beating a shite defence made him think everything was about to turn rosy

It should have been the 5 man midfield I argued for on here

Did you notice, that once Muamba went off, Petrov didn't touch the ball again

5 in midfield is not less attacking than 4-4-2..not if its the only fcuking way you see the ball
I happen to believe Steinsson was genuinely injured, just coz when he has randomly dropped him before he has at least clod him on the bench. Though granted Ricketts being able to walk may have fixed that. I'd have had Wheater over Knight, and we'd have been better first half, but ultimately I don't think it'd have made that much difference. I actually think Coyle's devotion to 4-4-2 gave us a chance in this, given they rarely play an out and out front two away from home, but once they changed we had nothing. My point is, he has played properly special attempts at 4-4-2 from the start. Today wasn't one of those. We could have won the game from his start. We weren't going to with his subs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:38 am

Prufrock wrote: I happen to believe Steinsson was genuinely injured
i wouldnt put me mortgage on it.

he hasnt needed much excuse to drop him in the past, he only plays when he's the only one fit.

and being part of a winning team for the first time since christ knows when last tuesday didnt even help him.

he's probably his most hated player.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:44 am

a1 wrote:
Prufrock wrote: I happen to believe Steinsson was genuinely injured
i wouldnt put me mortgage on it.

he hasnt needed much excuse to drop him in the past, he only plays when he's the only one fit.

and being part of a winning team for the first time since christ knows when last tuesday didnt even help him.

he's probably his most hated player.
And I still can't for the life of me see why. Robinson and Steinsson are much of a muchness. Neither are actually as bad as made out, both are bollocks to the fore, average ability full backs. But Robbo gets played and Steinsson gets continually dropped. It's not as if he's our worst right back. I'm afraid that dubious honour has to sit with the dobbin who played there today.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:12 am

If Moo had to go off through injury Coyle the prick could have kept it tight by pushing Cahill up into midfield and brought Wheater on then swapped Eagles for one of the front two but he didn't and he's a prick and we are now as good as down!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:54 am

Hoboh wrote:If Moo had to go off through injury Coyle the prick could have kept it tight by pushing Cahill up into midfield and brought Wheater on then swapped Eagles for one of the front two but he didn't and he's a prick and we are now as good as down!
See, Coyle isn't the worst boss we could have
Sto ut Serviam

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:07 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:And still folk will defend him

Today was nothing to do with 'championship budgets'

It was all to do with a ridiculous substitution - oh aye, he picked the wrong team, too, but that's a given
Think that's a tad harsh CAPS. It isn't necessarily the team I'd have picked, but given it seems he had no option at fullback (I may have been tempted by Ricketts at left back, but I have no idea how fit he is) I'd probably only have made two changes, and I can't see how Wheater for Knight would have affected it much.

It wasn't as 'wrong' as it has been, shall we say. At least he recognised we needed some movement up top, and that Muamba and NCR had to play, though he then f*cked that up by taking Muamba off. My problem was he a)misjudged the whole mood of the place. After Tuesday, a hard fought point where we actually did some attacking (in that we were in their half, if not creating chances) would, finally, have created some momentum and good feeling before Wolves. The chance to put a run together. He threw that away moronically by b) making a dim change that opened up the middle of the park and created a desperate win or bust mentality in the team by taking away the central solidity we had.

Budgets are an excuse for not having good enough players. They are not an excuse for failing, consistently to get the best out of the players you do have.
IF Steinnson was unavailable, and that will hopefully come out when he writes his memoirs, the back 5 could - but admittedly, it's arguable - have been improved with Wheater in for Knight...other than that, he made the only choice he could

Its the front 6...wrong, wrong, wrong

He would have gone 4-2 whatever happened at Rovers but beating a shite defence made him think everything was about to turn rosy

It should have been the 5 man midfield I argued for on here
Did you notice, that once Muamba went off, Petrov didn't touch the ball again

5 in midfield is not less attacking than 4-4-2..not if its the only fcuking way you see the ball
which is what i argued for
as it turns out Muamba/RC didnt do as bad against Tiote/Cabaye as i feared and Guttierez and and Obertan although creating some trouble against Robinson/Boyata (who wouldn't?) werent getting the service to do huge damage.
5 in midfield with Eagles and Petrov pushing on to their full backs would have allowed us as much chance of winning as NGog and Klasnic in my view.
None of which takes anything away from what was a bollox substitution.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:09 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Hoboh wrote:If Moo had to go off through injury Coyle the prick could have kept it tight by pushing Cahill up into midfield and brought Wheater on then swapped Eagles for one of the front two but he didn't and he's a prick and we are now as good as down!
See, Coyle isn't the worst boss we could have

:lol:

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:27 am

If we play one up top then only NGog is up to it so it would mean leaving out the one genuine goal threat we have. Still agree though as Klasnic can only be dangerous when the ball is in the opposition penalty area and the current set up isnt doing that.Bringing Klasnic and Davis on after 70 mins at 0 0 wothout losing Moo or NRC would make sense.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:16 am

The most embarrassing thing about yesterday's game was that the 'toon army' had the temerity to chant Alan Pardew's name on more than one occasion.

Alan Pardew.

:hang:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:20 am

Pardew has done everything at Newcastle that Coyle couldn't. Namely organise a team, a back four and create a spirit and determination about them.

They're players aren't considerably better than ours.

But their manager is!

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 am

I'd have pretty much all of their team ahead of ours, man for man. Although if we'd have taken 35M for Elmander rather than nowt, we might have been able to assemble a decent team too.

Pardew is a better manager than Coyle though, I wanted Pardew at Bolton after we sacked Big Sam...
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Pardew has done everything at Newcastle that Coyle couldn't. Namely organise a team, a back four and create a spirit and determination about them.

But their manager is!
Alan Pardew is no better than Owen Coyle.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:39 pm

BwfcDan wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Pardew has done everything at Newcastle that Coyle couldn't. Namely organise a team, a back four and create a spirit and determination about them.

But their manager is!
That'll be why we had a stalemate 0-0 draw yesterday then. And the reason they're also at the foot of the table with fck all points same as we are. Aye, Pardew really is a shite manager, just like ours.
Businesswoman of the year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:00 pm

BwfcDan wrote:

But their manager is!
All right.....go on....?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:12 pm

The only two players from yesterday's Newcastle side that I can honestly say that, at the top of their form, would oust our players are Ba and Williamson. Possibly Ryan Taylor, on the presumption that Robbo and not Ricketts is our first choice left back. The difference between the two of us is in managerial and tactical aspects. They were organised and well drilled. We are not.