Game Against The Scouse

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Game Against The Scouse

Post by Sponge » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I looked at the odds for Carroll to score first as he's pretty much nailed on to get at least 1 goal but they surprisingly aren't that great. Maybe the bookies have clocked on to our amazing ability to gift shit/out of form players with the chance to revive their careers?

Would love nothing more than to stuff these lot, even though it's not going to happen. They're as plastic as their red Manchester counterparts.

COME ON YOU WHITE MEN please!!!!!

:lol: We've reached the "please" stage. Truly fecked!

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 pm

2-1 to us
Petrov double
Keegan for them
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm

arsenal 1 wolves (10 men) 1
tottenham 1 wolves 1
swansea 3 arsenal 2
dmbs 2 blckburn 3
pool 1 blackburn 1
wigan 0 liverpool 0
wigan 1 chelsea 1
qpr 1 chelsea 0
west brom.0 city 0

to be quite frank if we dont turn up and scrap for at least a point in either of our next 2 league games we should feck off out of the league and let another team have a go. We are the only team incapable of scrapping against the big boys.

Prove me wrong lads.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:2-1 to us
Petrov double
Keegan for them
Toshack's usually good for one.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 am

officer_dibble wrote:arsenal 1 wolves (10 men) 1
tottenham 1 wolves 1
swansea 3 arsenal 2
dmbs 2 blckburn 3
pool 1 blackburn 1
wigan 0 liverpool 0
wigan 1 chelsea 1
qpr 1 chelsea 0
west brom.0 city 0

to be quite frank if we dont turn up and scrap for at least a point in either of our next 2 league games we should feck off out of the league and let another team have a go. We are the only team incapable of scrapping against the big boys.

Prove me wrong lads.

agree with the sentiment to a large extent... but not many take three points away from Goodison
mark my words- by Easter the first half of the season will seem like a (long) bad dream

kagni
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kagni » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
tottenham 1 wolves 1
swansea 3 arsenal 2
dmbs 2 blckburn 3
pool 1 blackburn 1
wigan 0 liverpool 0
wigan 1 chelsea 1
qpr 1 chelsea 0
west brom.0 city 0

Prove me wrong lads.

agree with the sentiment to a large extent... but not many take three points away from Goodison
mark my words- by Easter the first half of the season will seem like a (long) bad dream
Plenty have come away with 3 points from Goodison this season.
Everton have lost 5 of 10 home games.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:54 am

Gail Platz wrote:I looked at the odds for Carroll to score first as he's pretty much nailed on to get at least 1 goal but they surprisingly aren't that great. Maybe the bookies have clocked on to our amazing ability to gift shit/out of form players with the chance to revive their careers?

Would love nothing more than to stuff these lot, even though it's not going to happen. They're as plastic as their red Manchester counterparts.

COME ON YOU WHITE MEN please!!!!!
How's Montevideo this time of year, cock? :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am

Goodison? Montevideo?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:29 am

Bogdan will continue in goal; Jussi's back in training but not ready. Notable that they're not rushing him back. If Boggers impresses again this weekend, he should be seen as the current shirt-holder rather than a seat-warmer.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:18 pm

When Carrol's on the pitch our centre backs had better be on their toes. A lot of balls will get banged in his direction and he can jump and head a ball. He's pretty nippy too, for a big lad. We need to keep possesion and not just by knocking it square and backwards. Just hope N'gog sets out to prove some points and we need to take it to them and don't do a trapped in the box session and just worry about keeping them out. A few early balls into the edge of the box might not go amiss. Klasnic might just be a key figure in this one.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:When Carrol's on the pitch our centre backs had better be on their toes. A lot of balls will get banged in his direction and he can jump and head a ball. He's pretty nippy too, for a big lad. We need to keep possesion and not just by knocking it square and backwards. Just hope N'gog sets out to prove some points and we need to take it to them and don't do a trapped in the box session and just worry about keeping them out. A few early balls into the edge of the box might not go amiss. Klasnic might just be a key figure in this one.
I get the feeling that because Klasnic was benched throughout last Premiership game and started in the FA Cup replay game that OC won't be picking him for this one.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Normally without Suarez you'd fancy this.

But with Knight and Wheater together at the back, we're sure to concede and unlikely to match that with goals.

We'll start brightly, they'll look shaky, then out of the blue we'll concede the softest goal ever and go on to lose 2/3-0.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Normally without Suarez you'd fancy this.

But with Knight and Wheater together at the back, we're sure to concede and unlikely to match that with goals.

We'll start brightly, they'll look shaky, then out of the blue we'll concede the softest goal ever and go on to lose 2/3-0.
"So spread sunshine all over the place, and put on a hap, hap, happy face" :lol:

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

kagni wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
tottenham 1 wolves 1
swansea 3 arsenal 2
dmbs 2 blckburn 3
pool 1 blackburn 1
wigan 0 liverpool 0
wigan 1 chelsea 1
qpr 1 chelsea 0
west brom.0 city 0

Prove me wrong lads.

Plenty have come away with 3 points from Goodison this season.
Everton have lost 5 of 10 home games.
:hang:
have they? begorrah,bejesus we're dooooooomed then

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 pm

I'll be erecting my 'Bad Runs Ended Here' banner on the roundabout again this weekend, just for Andy Carroll. It's worked for every 4ucker else! :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'll be erecting my 'Bad Runs Ended Here' banner on the roundabout again this weekend, just for Andy Carroll. It's worked for every 4ucker else! :hang:
My view too though it could be OUR bad run at home which ends ...... maybe, just maybe
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:49 pm

I bought some eggs yesterday and asked the lady where they came from. She went and looked it up and told me it was Chorley. Chorley is much closer to Bolton than it is Liverpool, it could be a sign. I bought 6 eggs so I think there will be 6 goals, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1 or 6-0 maybe.

I also got some chicken but that was from Doncaster so obviously irrelevant.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:I bought some eggs yesterday and asked the lady where they came from. She went and looked it up and told me it was Chorley. Chorley is much closer to Bolton than it is Liverpool, it could be a sign. I bought 6 eggs so I think there will be 6 goals, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1 or 6-0 maybe.

No. no, that's relevant. Chickens equate to referees (running about headless and all that) in divinatory circles - so it means something, we've just got to work out what.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:58 pm

The Axman wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:I bought some eggs yesterday and asked the lady where they came from. She went and looked it up and told me it was Chorley. Chorley is much closer to Bolton than it is Liverpool, it could be a sign. I bought 6 eggs so I think there will be 6 goals, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1 or 6-0 maybe.

No. no, that's relevant. Chickens equate to referees (running about headless and all that) in divinatory circles - so it means something, we've just got to work out what.
Dioufy plays for Doncaster now, and he's played for both clubs - ergo - nailed on draw! FACT! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:52 pm

hahahahahahahah!!!! Coyle just can't help himself can he!!!
SkySpurts wrote:Bolton manager Owen Coyle is convinced it is only a matter of time before Andy Carroll finds the sort of form that made him such a huge favourite at Newcastle.

Carroll has struggled to live up to his £35million price tag - which makes him the most expensive British footballer in history - in the 12 months since he left Tyneside to join Liverpool.

Far from leading the line, the 23-year-old could not even make the Reds' starting line-up for last weekend's draw at Stoke, even though Luis Suarez is in the middle of an eight-match suspension.

Carroll is hoping to be recalled for Saturday's trip to Bolton but Coyle, for one, would not welcome that news as he believes the big number nine is a class act.

"I don't think there is any doubt he will reproduce that form," said Coyle.

"He is an outstanding young player.

"The thing is, when you get that kind of criticism you have to come through it with a smile on your face.

"It will serve him well. His quality is unquestioned. We have to make sure he doesn't show it against us."