Owen Coyle

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Owen Coyle

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Change of tactics, personnel, formation is the rabbit out of the bag Owen finally pulled!

Ironic no Jussi "big boot", Robinson left side liabilty, and a static front man (SKD) along with 5 across the middle WITH THE ABILITY AND PACE to get forward (or back) have made.
NRC to be captain and Davo to be pushed down from being first front line sub are all thats needed till Holden and Chungy are fit along with Alonso and the new recruits to give Owen headaches
Don't let your bias blind you to logic Hoboh. You already wished him out of the first XI, now you want him off the bench? Did it escape your notice he did a decent job against Arsenal? I mean,we've so many good front men haven't we and N'gog is better giving it all for as long as he can, but it knackers him. Klasnic is not a front man for 4-5-1. Who else would you put there?
The bloke we've just spent more than 3M quid on?
For twenty minutes off the bench? Bet he'll be delighted. He's an either or for N'gog surely?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Change of tactics, personnel, formation is the rabbit out of the bag Owen finally pulled!

Ironic no Jussi "big boot", Robinson left side liabilty, and a static front man (SKD) along with 5 across the middle WITH THE ABILITY AND PACE to get forward (or back) have made.
NRC to be captain and Davo to be pushed down from being first front line sub are all thats needed till Holden and Chungy are fit along with Alonso and the new recruits to give Owen headaches
Don't let your bias blind you to logic Hoboh. You already wished him out of the first XI, now you want him off the bench? Did it escape your notice he did a decent job against Arsenal? I mean,we've so many good front men haven't we and N'gog is better giving it all for as long as he can, but it knackers him. Klasnic is not a front man for 4-5-1. Who else would you put there?
For twenty minutes off the bench? Bet he'll be delighted. He's an either or for N'gog surely?
He's not gonna start at Norwich though.

I suspect that he will be used as a sub to start with. Young lad, getting to grips with things.

But you are right if KD does what he did against Arsenal he's still got a role to play!

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Basically 4-4-2 is dead in modern football. It took him long enough to realise it but he at least realised it. I'm not entirely convinced by his credentials but he's at least willing to change which you couldn't say for our previous managers.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

He's not gonna start at Norwich though.

I suspect that he will be used as a sub to start with. Young lad, getting to grips with things.

But you are right if KD does what he did against Arsenal he's still got a role to play!
Sordell should have to earn the chance to start. Given what NGog's running has added he should be starting and like Tango said running himself into the ground for 70 mins.It's a perfect situation for Sordell to be coming on for 20 min spells,pacy with an eye for goal when defenders are tiring and less pressure of expectation than when starting is ideal for him.KD is another alternative if he's on his game and I'm sure there will be times if we're chasing a game where both will come on and we'll switch to 442. So long as Coyle has learnt the value of keeping the core (Moo/NRC) intact and not leaving us wide open I can see it saving a game or two.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 pm

"...augurs well for the future..."

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Which means when N'gog is tired he should replace him being this seems to be our best setup currently!
Davies gets now't from refs or defenders these days and lets not forgot Tuncany looked decent against the Arse as well when he came on. All I'm saying is I would rather Davo was not the first forward sub because IMHO his introduction changes our approach too much from what looks successful and yes Davo has been brilliant for us in the past but I for one would not be too upset if we bin him off at the end of the season. Lets hope Coyle does not make a Robbie Blake mistake twice.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I like Owen Coyle.
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Regarding Mr. Coyle's 'new man' thing .... & maybe I speak too early .... but I've not seen the usual wank-fest about the opposing manager this time !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Regarding Mr. Coyle's 'new man' thing .... & maybe I speak too early .... but I've not seen the usual wank-fest about the opposing manager this time !

it's early yet
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:14 am

bobo the clown wrote:Regarding Mr. Coyle's 'new man' thing .... & maybe I speak too early .... but I've not seen the usual wank-fest about the opposing manager this time !
duly delivered

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1 ... 66,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Paul Lambert is someone that I know well from his playing days and he is someone that I like very much. In terms of how he has done his job, it has been truly outstanding.

"If you remember a few years back, Colchester won that game at Norwich and he was the one they then wanted for the job. He has transformed the club and he has got a group of players there that are playing out of their skin.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 am

thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I'll give him credit if he keeps us up....because if he does we'll have the makings of a good young exciting team next season, with Holden & Chung Lee back as well.

If he doesn't - well I'm sure you know !
I think - if he keeps us up, that those who said we were definitely down should bare their arses on the town hall steps with "Sorry, Owen!" tattooed across their buttocks.
As long as the other lot get tattooed with.

We were talking bollocks when we said it we couldn't possibly be expected to stay up because...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:I'll give him credit if he keeps us up....because if he does we'll have the makings of a good young exciting team next season, with Holden & Chung Lee back as well.

I think - if he keeps us up, that those who said we were definitely down should bare their arses on the town hall steps with "Sorry, Owen!" tattooed across their buttocks.

We were talking bollocks when we said it we couldn't possibly be expected to stay up because...
I'd never tattoo summat so grammatically flawed on my arse! What does that mean? :conf:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:02 am

All this talk about tactical changes, formations, maturing as a coach, putting the right players finally in the team etc. , these are all good points regarding our recent turn around in fortunes...but you should all know i changed my lucky matchday pants around about the same time as this good run started so, ya know, just putting it out there. I shall be wearing them again today, they're white.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:08 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:All this talk about tactical changes, formations, maturing as a coach, putting the right players finally in the team etc. , these are all good points regarding our recent turn around in fortunes...but you should all know i changed my lucky matchday pants around about the same time as this good run started so, ya know, just putting it out there. I shall be wearing them again today, they're white.
or, rather, they used to be! :shock:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 am

Well, sort of an off-white now...:)

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:All this talk about tactical changes, formations, maturing as a coach, putting the right players finally in the team etc. , these are all good points regarding our recent turn around in fortunes...but you should all know i changed my lucky matchday pants around about the same time as this good run started so, ya know, just putting it out there. I shall be wearing them again today, they're white.

Mine are also white. White and lacey. And crotchless.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 am

Mine will end up crotchless if we have a long unbeaten run.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:17 am

I will happily tatttoo sorry owen on my butt if we remain unbeaten for ther rest of the season!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'd never tattoo summat so grammatically flawed on my arse! What does that mean? :conf:
Just tattoo "Talking". If you've dropped yer trollies, then I expect the bollocks will be self evident.

It would also give WtW the opportunity, to peer from afar to determine what the artist intended to come after the word talking...

"Out of your arse" for example.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

Just tattoo "Talking". If you've dropped yer trollies, then I expect the bollocks will be self evident.

It would also give WtW the opportunity, to peer from afar to determine what the artist intended to come after the word talking...

"Out of your arse" for example.
'tis a deal then...