Norwich v Horwich

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Norwich v Horwich

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Andy Waller wrote:Good luck if you're going. It's going to be hell getting there tomorrow.
If the Bish is going on his bike tomorrow, he'll attain 'Legend' status. It'll be hard work in a car given the expected snow!

Bish - I double dare ya!! :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

thebish wrote:note to jmjhb:

nice thread title! 8)
:? I thought Norwich were playing Bolton this weekend.

By the way, Norwich looked a complete shower of pish against Sunderland midweek. I know they're at home, and have the support of Mrs Beaton and her exceedingly good cakes and all that, but I'm with Crazy insofar as this is a must win game, and I think it's eminently doable.

PS the cakes are balanced out by Fry's turkey delight.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

We're been playing too well to slip up against Norwich... Take Johan Elmander out the game and we'll win IMO

If Steinssons out, bring Riley in

Bogdan
Riley_Wheats_Ream(If Availible)_Ricketts
Eagles_Muamba_NRC_Mavies_Petrov
Ngog

Bring on Sordell once Ngog is fecked and bring on Ryo once Eagles has run his race
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:We're been playing too well to slip up against Norwich... Take Johan Elmander out the game and we'll win IMO

Bogdan
Ngog

Bring on Sordell once Ngog is fecked and bring on Ryo once Eagles has run his race
We've just kept a clean sheet against Arsenal, I'd not be changing centre halves on the back of that.

Anyways, Ream is currently (I assume based on the BN story) on a plane flying back from the US of A, so will not be included.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:We're been playing too well to slip up against Norwich... Take Johan Elmander out the game and we'll win IMO

Bogdan
Ngog

We've just kept a clean sheet against Arsenal, I'd not be changing centre halves on the back of that.

Anyways, Ream is currently (I assume based on the BN story) on a plane flying back from the US of A, so will not be included.
I don't like the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach. That cost us earlier in the season, win a game, play the same team, get beat because nobody bothered to factor in different opposition etc. Obviously there's not really the option to change the CB's for this game, but if we came up against a team with a lot of pace, would it not make sense to give Ream a go..since he's meant to be faster than Sturridge, rather than persisting with Knight/Wheater because it worked in a previous game?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:Good luck if you're going. It's going to be hell getting there tomorrow.
If the Bish is going on his bike tomorrow, he'll attain 'Legend' status. It'll be hard work in a car given the expected snow!

:D nahhhhh - step too far that!!! am locking the old girl up in the garage with a hot water bottle and some toastie-warm tyre-muffs....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm

I seem to recall that for all the post-debut plaudits Riley's pass completion was woeful

Might have improved but until this thread the main compliments I've heard for the lad are for his tackling, and the main insults for Steinsson on his defensive positioning

Back to opinions...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I seem to recall that for all the post-debut plaudits Riley's pass completion was woeful

Might have improved but until this thread the main compliments I've heard for the lad are for his tackling, and the main insults for Steinsson on his defensive positioning

Back to opinions...
in Riley's favour over Steinner, though, is that he's not injured! :wink:

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm

So how many are we taking? I've got tickets for this, will be bloody pissed if they call the game off when we're on the A17.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:12 pm

This is not a "must win" a point at Norwich would be good,wigan at home is a must win! After recent results I doubt Coyle will make anything other than the one forced change and I'd expect Riley not Mears because Mears has only just started playing again.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:

He'll be reet pussycat power output is fine for bad weather even considering a scoot for meself for winter or wet comuting if I ever get another feckin' contract that is

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:

He'll be reet pussycat power output is fine for bad weather even considering a scoot for meself for winter or wet comuting if I ever get another feckin' contract that is

...not leaving home without my heated grips!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 pm

don't be surprised to see Sordell at some stage tomorrow....
SkySpurts wrote:Bolton boss Owen Coyle believes Marvin Sordell is ready for the hurly burly of the Premier League.

The young striker was a £3million signing on deadline day after scoring 10 goals in 29 games for Championship side Watford this season.

At 20, Sordell was seen by many as one for the future rather than the man to fire Bolton to Premier League safety.

Ahead of Saturday's trip to Norwich the Trotters sit just two points above the drop zone and, while Coyle admits Sordell is far from his peak, he claims he is willing to throw the youngster straight into the fray.

"I think he's ready to be play," he told Sky Sports News. "If he was thrust in tomorrow, he'd handle that, no problem.

"I think it's fair to say he's going to have a huge career in football.

"It's up to Marvin, how well he does when he crosses that white line, to make that transition and show everybody his quality.
Desire

"I know he has the desire to do that and it all bodes well for the future."

While Arsenal's Japanese winger Ryo Miyaichi has only arrived on loan till the end of the season, Coyle sees Sordell and American defender Tim Ream, a £2m signing from the New York Red Bulls, as sound investments for the club.

"We're always looking for young, exciting players that we think can help our team and help the future at Bolton Wanderers," he added.

"After Tim Ream and Ryo Miyaichi, we still wanted to strengthen the attacking area and Marvin Sordell's a player I've watched for a number of years now.

"He's young, he's exciting, he's got pace to burn, he scores goals, and that makes a wonderful package. The other great thing is he's an England Under 21 international striker at this moment.

"We, as a club, have a tremendous history and tradition, we want to invest in young English players, there's that affiliation with the supporters as well but recognising that if there's players available anywhere on the continent that can help us, we'll look to bring them in.

"In Marvin's case, I think his scope for improvement can continue to get better. That's why we're looking forward to working with him."

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Believe it will only be about 900ish going tomorrow, its a huge trek.
Just my luck that itll get called off!

Anyways, I really fancy us to win tomorrow. If we're winning with 15 mins to go then stick Ryo and Marvin on too.

sean_taylor1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sean_taylor1995 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Riley to come in for Steinsson for me tomorrow but otherwise same team. Predicting a 3-1 win. COYW !

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Wish I could have gone to this but the prices of travel and digs were just getting too high in the end. I know of a fair few going and making a weekend of it though - hope it's still on for their sakes!

Big test for us this game, bigger than some are making out. General consensus in the prediction league at work has been that this is where Norwich's bubble bursts and experienced premier league side Bolton go down there and do a job. Im not so sure, I'd be delighted with a point to take into the Wigan game. Be solid and hard to beat, Bolton, nowt daft!

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

I've just seen this on a Norwich forum, good luck to those who are travelling..see you Sunday..maybe Monday....maybe

It should be arriving in the west of the region over King’s Lynn by about 7-8pm, at Norwich by 9pm and to the coast by 10 o’clock. Between then and midnight it is quite possible we will see two to three inches of widespread snow, but potentially even more than that in some areas, which could get as much as four or five inches.

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z1lMFncZc9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Voice Of Reason

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:57 pm

be reet only some cold water!

think he will bin sulky klasnic off the bench for marv.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:00 am

officer_dibble wrote:think he will bin sulky klasnic off the bench for marv.
Has he been on the bench recently? He wasn't for the Liverpool win.

Would love to see some new signings on the pitch/bench.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 am

Whats the weather like in Norwhich anyone, any chance of the game being called off?
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY