Darren Pratley

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Darren Pratley

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm

iirc coyle said after qpr it was a toss up between muamba and pratley to play - if we were at home pratley would of got the nod cos he was more attacking!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 am

Jokers in White wrote:I've never rated Pratley even when he was at Swansea, he can't pass the ball for a start which is worrying when he is a midfielder, that should be one of his best attributes because he does like to be called an attacking midfielder :crazy: he jogs around like he's shit his pants, but we might get him to run around abit if he takes his doses of morphine before and during games. Coyle could have a tranquilliser gun in hand at the dug out filled with morphine so that when Pratley is struggling with the pace of the game Coyle could shoot him with it so that he can get through another 15mins.
Surely he needs fetmines.It's the fans that need the morphine but I reckon coyle's already shot the lot.

The point about Pratley made earlier is probably true. He appears to do feck all until the opposition forget his existance then ghosts into the box only for the ball to hit his arse thus deflecting a rare goalbound effort wide. Right place wrong player. What was that thing Malcolm McClaren saud about having the midas touch in reverse?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:In the Championship, I can see why he'd do well. He's a good athlete and obviously has a knack for scoring goals.
In what sense is this alleged knack for scoring goals 'obvious'?

And while we're at it, apart from being a big lad, in what sense is he a 'good athlete'? His lack of pace and mobility are frightening at Premier League level and I'd be surprised if he covers an above-average amount of ground...
In the sense that he scored 19 goals in his last two seasons for Swansea? How is that not showing an obvious knack for scoring goals in the Championship?

On the second point, I disagree. He gets up and down the pitch quite well. He's everything people used to slate Muamba for being (when he wasn't anything like as bad), but without the tackling ability.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:56 pm

He's never anywhere near either the ball, or the player with the ball, at least headless chickens have an excuse for running around in circles.

A shocking signing, and he's played 20-ish games for us this season, no wonder we're going down.
Troll and proud of it.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Darren Pratley played in the advanced midfield role at the weekend, and would be at the front of the queue to do so again :lol: if Coyle opted to save Davies for the six-pointer against Rangers at the Reebok.

That's from the Bolton news tonight, he don't half write some bollocks that Marc Iles :crazy: its about time he got the sack for it. He needs to start watching our games!
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Darren Pratley is an absolute warhorse tank machine. What a player, what a man, with those "I've used a Mach 3 to get rid of my monobrow" eyebrows...

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Darren Pratley is an absolute warhorse tank machine. What a player, what a man, with those "I've used a Mach 3 to get rid of my monobrow" eyebrows...

:lol:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:In the Championship, I can see why he'd do well. He's a good athlete and obviously has a knack for scoring goals.
In what sense is this alleged knack for scoring goals 'obvious'?

And while we're at it, apart from being a big lad, in what sense is he a 'good athlete'? His lack of pace and mobility are frightening at Premier League level and I'd be surprised if he covers an above-average amount of ground...
In the sense that he scored 19 goals in his last two seasons for Swansea? How is that not showing an obvious knack for scoring goals in the Championship?

On the second point, I disagree. He gets up and down the pitch quite well. He's everything people used to slate Muamba for being (when he wasn't anything like as bad), but without the tackling ability.
So he scored 20 Championship goals in 3 seasons for Swansea... respectable, but it's a lower level and and he was in a side doing well (until he was dropped). If Wikipedia didn't exist, could anybody have detected a knack for scoring goals during his time with us?

Let's disagree then, but I'd love to see the figures if anyone has access to them...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:57 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:If Wikipedia didn't exist, could anybody have detected a knack for scoring goals during his time with us?
It feels like a dream, but I seem to recall that in pre-season he looked the part coming forward from midfield as an ersatz secondary striker. There were goals, and hopes.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:20 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:If Wikipedia didn't exist, could anybody have detected a knack for scoring goals during his time with us?
It feels like a dream, but I seem to recall that in pre-season he looked the part coming forward from midfield as an ersatz secondary striker. There were goals, and hopes.
indeed there were - and the forum was broadly optimistic about his future...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 am

Was this against Chorley? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
He scored against Orlando, Bradford and Hereford, and ISTR good reports from those who saw us beat Bury

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
He scored against Orlando, Bradford and Hereford, and ISTR good reports from those who saw us beat Bury
I remember thinking he looked good in that orlando game but then I also remember in retrospect that it was like watching a 90 minute slow mo replay.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:56 pm

well, whatever, he has played 15 or so games and been absolute garbage. out of his depth at this level. see what he can do lower down next season i think!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Integral part of the 4 year masterplan

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Integral part of the 4 year masterplan
Which will lead us to the abyss!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Worse player since Franck Passi for me
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:37 pm

harsh on franck

pratley is in the gerald cid bracket

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Reckon someone is passing off horse tranquilizers as performance enhancing drugs. No other explanation for Knight or Pratley.Feck knows what they must be medicining Coyle with

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSCW0Zc ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:doh: