The Match Against Blackburn Rovers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Match Against Blackburn Rovers

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Prufrock wrote:I was all right at the end. Sunny day, victory, that atmosphere, the chanting at the end, was amazing. Nearly went pre game during the tribute though. Good job I had a quiet Friday, as hungover I cry at anything! Even sober I don't know what it is but any sort of stirring emotional tribute like that gets me moist eyed!

I think it's an age thing ???
I'm exactly the same, even reading the posts on here for Fab, i was all blubbery, the wife couldn't believe it. Also filled up when Rovers fans were chanting for Muamba and their players wore the shirts with Muamba on them. We are just old softies at heart.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

jussi_jaji
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jussi_jaji » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I was all right at the end. Sunny day, victory, that atmosphere, the chanting at the end, was amazing. Nearly went pre game during the tribute though. Good job I had a quiet Friday, as hungover I cry at anything! Even sober I don't know what it is but any sort of stirring emotional tribute like that gets me moist eyed!

I'm exactly the same, even reading the posts on here for Fab, i was all blubbery, the wife couldn't believe it. Also filled up when Rovers fans were chanting for Muamba and their players wore the shirts with Muamba on them. We are just old softies at heart.
Leave alone the chants by fans and players. . .just reading posts about muamba on forums and blogs brings tears to my eyes. . . Watching Real Madrid players with Muamba t-shirts on made me cry. . .Tottenham fans reactions also made me cry. . .I think we should make a thank you banner for display on tuesday when we play them. . .

I'm happy now that we have moved from Pray4Fab to DoItForFab. . .evident by the performance of the lads yesterday. . .

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 pm

In all the kerfuffle yesterday, I overlooked the fact that with yesterday's result, we can now no longer qualify for Champs League next season.

Coyle out!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:wtf got into Petrov?
his best display in a Bolton shirt?

(still a c*ck, mind)
Pff anyone would think his contract is nearly up.
Given our squad strength, Lee still out and Miachi off back to his home club, do you think we can afford not to renew it?
I think Petrov is a bit old but still good enough for us next season too. Having said that, I think we would be okay without him next season as we've got Gregg Wylde and Lee will come back. And, Miyaichi might play for us next season too, I love this kid already.

Well I never knew that

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:57 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
Wonderwanderer12 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

(still a c*ck, mind)
Given our squad strength, Lee still out and Miachi off back to his home club, do you think we can afford not to renew it?
I think Petrov is a bit old but still good enough for us next season too. Having said that, I think we would be okay without him next season as we've got Gregg Wylde and Lee will come back. And, Miyaichi might play for us next season too, I love this kid already.

Well I never knew that
I think he means Wheater...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:

I'm twenty-three!

Cheeky owd git :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

I'm twenty-three!

Most humble apologies, I'm wrong again, so you're a young softy at heart, never mind it doesn't change with age.
Once a softy always a softy. :D
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: [Given our squad strength, Lee still out and Miachi off back to his home club, do you think we can afford not to renew it?
Bet you we don't.You're going to get a big shock end of season TD, I don't think many out of contract will be offered new deals, and those that are may not accept the drastically reduced terms.

Remember we have singled Wylde, Sordell who have yet to feature. And Coyle will be having to bring through some youngsters as well as sign a few more...
[/quote]

So Wilde,who hasn't played a game, and Sordell who's had a few minutes,have proven nothing as yet as Wanderers players, yet we're going to get rid of Petrov who is capable of playing as he did yesterday. Hmm, well, we'll see I suppose.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: [Given our squad strength, Lee still out and Miachi off back to his home club, do you think we can afford not to renew it?
Bet you we don't.You're going to get a big shock end of season TD, I don't think many out of contract will be offered new deals, and those that are may not accept the drastically reduced terms.

Remember we have singled Wylde, Sordell who have yet to feature. And Coyle will be having to bring through some youngsters as well as sign a few more...
So Wilde,who hasn't played a game, and Sordell who's had a few minutes,have proven nothing as yet as Wanderers players, yet we're going to get rid of Petrov who is capable of playing as he did yesterday. Hmm, well, we'll see I suppose.[/quote]

It's not even necessarily about who the better player is, but about the ethos of bringing through younger players and being able to afford to buy better ones too.

Petrov is very expensive, I seriously doubt he will be kept on!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

(still a c*ck, mind)
Looking at that photo I think Ryo is already taken. What'smore any funny stuff from you and his boyfriend will chin you

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

I'm twenty-three!

Most humble apologies, I'm wrong again, so you're a young softy at heart, never mind it doesn't change with age.
no its a northern thing
:D
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

I'm twenty-three!

Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:47 am

Team of the week: Wheater and Miyaichi
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... he-weekend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 am

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:Team of the week: Wheater and Miyaichi
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... he-weekend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Be honest you don't care about Wheater being in it do ya?

shoot and score
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by shoot and score » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

Great weekend, Fab on the mend most important of all and a great win for everyone.
Ricketts should definitely be captain, he is a natural reader of the game and born organiser not to mention doer. Would be good for the club all round with his media contributions.
We will be different again next season with Holden and CYL back.....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

There is no better leaders in the squad than Davies or Reo Coker
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dwight Schrute
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Dwight Schrute » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 am

Correct. Reo-Coker was brilliant off and on the field this week, couldn't ask for more.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:33 am

I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wonderwanderer12 wrote:Team of the week: Wheater and Miyaichi
Be honest you don't care about Wheater being in it do ya?

:lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 am

The Axman wrote:I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's still attached to a train...