Away at Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Away at Wolves

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:51 pm

I don't really care what Wolverhampton is or isn't. I'm from Bolton' you know, the one and only Wanderers. 3-2 is all the records will show. If we'd won the games we "should" have won we wouldn't be where we are now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Not sure how we won that one to be honest. Second best for most of the first half and the start of the second, only really kept in it by Boggers and Myiachi's GL clearance. How we didn't go in at half time three down, is beyond me. And why we started 4-4-2 is also beyond me. Kightly especially must've thought Christmas had come.

I've just had a look at the Mavies pengy, and to me it looks like there's deffo contact from Johnson, with Mavis' left foot, but about a yard and a half before it registers and he goes down. I don't recall anyone saying there had to be enough contact to make you fall, any contact is good enough. It was a shite challenge and deserved to be punished, so fook 'em. I'm sure had it been at OT, they'd have been saying "it was a soft one, but clearly some contact." Petrov taking the pengy - I crapped meself. Didn't Klasnic take the last one and leave the keeper no chance? Anyhow great pengy in the event so needn't have worried.

Alonso, who had a torrid time defending, took his goal very well for me, but the second week running N'gog has had a decent chance to score from a header and headed it upwards (just not quite as upwards as last weeks effort that nearly hit the North Stand Upper. Davo's goal was probably one of the best taken goals I've seen from him in ages - seemed really confident the moment it left his boot.

We really, really don't play 4-4-2 very well and bad 4-4-2 leaves you open to a first 50 mins like we had today it could've been long over before we got the pen, but I guess they're not at the bottom for no reason.

Happy with the win, still pissed at the Manager's dogma (although I'm not sure what 5 he'd have played today - I guess, Ryo, Mavis, NRC, Petrov and maybe Eagles?)

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm

They're an angry bunch the Wolves lot. I was on the back row in front of that netting and there was a row behind me with no-one on it, so I did a couple of dancing jigs up and down the row when KD bagged.... I've not seen a group of people get as angry at a crap dance in my life!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:06 pm

:evil: I for one don't give a flying F*ck how we played. We won. 3 Points to the total. With QPR & Pie eater's winning, this is now war...................Disregard performance, just grind it out. And we are the one & only, so for any Wolves fans reading this; you are down. Again!!!!!

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm

William the White wrote:
The Wolf wrote:
Porrohman wrote:
The Wolf wrote:Fair play to you, took advantage of our weakness after the penalty.

Having said that, does Tom Daley get a start in your team every week?
Yeah apparently he learnt it at your shithole,but perfected it here! :D

You're more than welcome to him. He's a gutless, pathetic little man. I don't live in Wolvo, but I'd rather live there than anywhere near Bolton ;)
I used to live near Wolverhamperton... For seven long years... Bolton is a mixture of Venice, Seville and Paradise in comparison... The Black Country is the most spiritually desolate place on earth - where they were truly happy when they banged the M6 through it, because the lead content in the petrol made the IQ go up...

I'll second that. A shithole

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Not sure how we won that one to be honest. Second best for most of the first half and the start of the second, only really kept in it by Boggers and Myiachi's GL clearance. How we didn't go in at half time three down, is beyond me. And why we started 4-4-2 is also beyond me. Kightly especially must've thought Christmas had come.
I think that OC doesn't pick the team that's best for the club, he picks the team based on an aesthetic, an aesthetic that he thinks will further his career.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Save the Coyle bashing for another time, we've won three league games in a row for feck* sake.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Worst view of all time from where I was stood right near the front. Was the ball 10 yards from goal or 40? I could never tell! Was in a similar place last season, thats why it took about 12 hours for me to realise how good Elmander's goal was.

Not writing Wolves off or feeling safe yet, everyone has been dead and buried at some point this season and recovered. Its a last day job this. Kevin Davies coming off the bench to play a Klasnic role, and doing it brilliantly. Looked like he loved his goal too!

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:48 pm

I have mixed emotions today. Whilst I'm as happy as any of us that we won today, I have to try and keep my celebrations under control, so my wife doesn't get too upset. Why is that, you ask? Well you see, I'm somewhat embarrased to inform you all that my wife comes from Wolverhampton. Sorry.

Having said that, I take immense pleasure in reminding her year after year that "WE ARE THE ONE AND ONLY WANDERERS!!"

Thank you Wolves for being the gift that keeps on giving! :grin:
Hope is what keeps us going.

Cobbler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cobbler » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Thought your boys did really well today! Found myself getting into it as a Bolton supporter for the day! Went with my Bolton supporting mate, you thoroughly deserved it after doing well to come back, dominance showed after the penalty was scored. You may have found yourself a new supporter. ;D

Anyone know why Hennessey and Johnson started that fight? :box:
We all follow the Cobblers over land and sea! And Bolton!

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Kevin Davies, if we end up staying up at the end of the season, all is forgiven. What a superb performance. That was the old KD, the one I used to worship before he got figured out and went poor. This run out of the team could be just what he needed, Wolves weren't expecting him and when he came on he gave their defence a horrible time. Klasnic was truly shocking and I've seen him put in some lazy performances before but that topped them all. He should never be allowed to start a Bolton match ever again. He has a role to play, but only as an impact sub.
Wolves fans will tell you that the penalty changed the game but the introduction of SKD swung it our way if you ask me. Think he won everything in the air in the 25 minutes he was on. Also linked up very well with Ngog who had a few more sights of goal with all the flick ons from Kev. If Coyle insists on playing 4-4-2 against Fulham on Saturday then its got to be Ngog & Davies.

All in all a good day out and big win. Glad we have a week off now, give the players a bit of a rest after the last couple of weeks.

COYWM!
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:02 pm

The Wolf wrote:We were the best in europe once upon a time my friends.
No, you beat a far better Honved team by watering the pitch so much that it turned into a marsh. You may say that's fair enough, but it doesn't make you the best in Europe, and it played a large part in continuing the incorrect superiority complex that has infantilised English football for a century.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Cobbler wrote:Thought your boys did really well today! Found myself getting into it as a Bolton supporter for the day! Went with my Bolton supporting mate, you thoroughly deserved it after doing well to come back, dominance showed after the penalty was scored. You may have found yourself a new supporter. ;D

Anyone know why Hennessey and Johnson started that fight? :box:
We were lucky to be still in game after the first half but after we scored the equaliser there was only one team in it. Just for interest, who's your first team or are we your one and only team now? :)
The Voice Of Reason

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm

'Cobbler'. I'd guess Northampton.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Just got home. Can hardly see the keyboard to type stuff. Headache. Oh Joy. Tomorrow :D

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:'Cobbler'. I'd guess Northampton.
:doh:
The Voice Of Reason

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:25 pm

3rd on Match of the Day


Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 pm

What a great win! Another Great win!

Poor Wolves though, only on 22 points! :oops:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 pm

First time in a long time we have won after conceding first.. anyone remember the last time we did that?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:15 pm

ChrisC wrote:First time in a long time we have won after conceding first.. anyone remember the last time we did that?
Swansea in the FA cup or Everton in the league

Both in January
