Villa Away.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Villa Away.

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Oh this is just a "Harmless piece of fun"
Pfffft.

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Looks like it will be another sellout.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Shame Cohen's not here (well ... sort of) "The Israelite"
Shades of Demond Decker. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm

DIPS wrote:Looks like it will be another sellout.
Why how many have we sold? i can leave work a couple of hours early now so will be trying to get a couple of tickets tomorrow for me and my mate.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

They are available online.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Anyone know how many sold? Wondering if to get it sorted ASAP in the AM?

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 pm

As of Wednesday evening less than 200 left.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:00 pm

DIPS wrote:As of Wednesday evening less than 200 left.

Thanks. On it now then...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Not a fvcking chance
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Got mine yesterday.
Hope to god we show up...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 pm

anyone gonna have a punt on what the line up is gonna be on tuesday :roll:

not that it makes a blind bit of difference
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Huge game.

Be interesting to see if he makes changes.

Yesterday's Villa-Sunderland game proved both are poor teams. Mind, so are we.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, I got my ticket yesterday having, odd as it may seem, arranged meetings in Birmingham on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I've never seen us use four wingers ... I think St. Owen should give that a go this time. Two keepers maybe .... oh, & KD & N'Gog together is a must, shirley ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:35 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:anyone gonna have a punt on what the line up is gonna be on tuesday :roll:

tempted to put SKD and N,Gog in and try to justify it (if only to raise Bobo's level of incandescent fury a bit higher)
but "the experiment" of bringing back Davo for the run in now looks a busted flush.
really really hope the cheating little cnut that is Mark Davies is sufficiently injured ( any news?)to miss this one and Vela gets a chance. i dont care if he's unproven - MD is unfortunately proven as ineffectual.
so......
Bogdan
Steinsonn Ream Wheater Ricketts
Miyachi Vela NRC Petrov
Eagles
NGog.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:anyone gonna have a punt on what the line up is gonna be on tuesday :roll:

tempted to put SKD and N,Gog in and try to justify it (if only to raise Bobo's level of incandescent fury a bit higher)
but "the experiment" of bringing back Davo for the run in now looks a busted flush.
really really hope the cheating little cnut that is Mark Davies is sufficiently injured ( any news?)to miss this one and Vela gets a chance. i dont care if he's unproven - MD is unfortunately proven as ineffectual.
so......
Bogdan
Steinsonn Ream Wheater Ricketts
Miyachi Vela NRC Petrov
Eagles
NGog.
You obviously didn't go to see Vela play in the reserves mid-week, believe me on that performance i'd have Mavies everytime
The Voice Of Reason

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm really hoping OC made the team watch yesterday's video. It might just click how nieve some of our defending is right now. One man being allowed to run almost the length of the field through a huge gap in the middle (not the first time it's happened) and our constant backing off from ball players, who run at our box, is a real glaring fault. Last ditch tackling and the amount of corners we give away should really make some think again. If we hassled their attackers as we do their defenders we'd be far better off. Point needs making.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'm really hoping OC made the team watch yesterday's video. It might just click how nieve some of our defending is right now. One man being allowed to run almost the length of the field through a huge gap in the middle (not the first time it's happened) and our constant backing off from ball players, who run at our box, is a real glaring fault. Last ditch tackling and the amount of corners we give away should really make some think again. If we hassled their attackers as we do their defenders we'd be far better off. Point needs making.
Our midfield is made up of offensive impact players so even if they try they aint going to get the best challenges in meaning a free run at our back 4 is always likely. Mavis has learnt this already hence two fouls and a booking when he gave it away yesterday. Ngog to start,why not,give him an hour or so keep it tight and bring on sordell(yes I know just having a giraffe!) and Klasnic in the hope we can nick one late on.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'm really hoping OC made the team watch yesterday's video. It might just click how nieve some of our defending is right now. One man being allowed to run almost the length of the field through a huge gap in the middle (not the first time it's happened) and our constant backing off from ball players, who run at our box, is a real glaring fault. Last ditch tackling and the amount of corners we give away should really make some think again. If we hassled their attackers as we do their defenders we'd be far better off. Point needs making.
We don't press as a team. And so teams pass through our soft middle. Given were lacking a midfield enforcer we should be pressing from the front.

However how can you do that with KD up on his own? He can't do it.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:34 pm

There's been alot of criticism the last couple of days (even weeks) about the squads fitness levels, and rightly so. I wonder how this will effect us going into this final run?

In one respect we've had 12 days rest and so if they can get any sort of momentum the fact games are coming quick and fast may be a good thing, gives the players little time to worry about outside influences and just get on with the job in hand. As professional athletes two 90 minute stints should be a doddle, but this group are something else sometimes.

Cobbler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cobbler » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Train from Northampton , we've guaranteed our league 2 survival. Now going with 2 mates again to hope for 3 points to revive your boys chances! £8.65 return to Witton with groupsave on London Midland! Very happy indeed!
We all follow the Cobblers over land and sea! And Bolton!