Sunderland Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sunderland Away

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:20 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It's just the fact that so many posts are going on about how shocked they are by Wigans form for example. They've been doing that for months now, turned the corner when they won at the Reebok. There is nowt shocking about it
yet - they are only 3pts ahead of us having played one game more than us.

if as you say - we are shockingly gutless and utterly inept and a certainty for relegation - then that doesn't make them masters of the footballing universe - does it?
Well, they're three points and a fair bit of GD ahead of us. So more like 4...I know what I'd rather have between a game in hand or three points on the board....

They've also played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea in the last 7 games. 12 points from those 5.

Bit like we played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in our first 7 games. Wonder how many points we got from them? All we did was bleat to feck about how unfair everything was, and give Coyle yet another excuse.

Bolton-France
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bolton-France » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:23 pm

I particularly regret the absence of Holden & Chingy during the first half of the season.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Bolton-France wrote:I particularly regret the absence of Holden & Chingy during the first half of the season.

So we've not missed them second half of season ??
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Bolton-France wrote:I particularly regret the absence of Holden & Chingy during the first half of the season.
The whole, long, slow, aching season...

Bolton-France
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bolton-France » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:42 pm

No but the second half season is better than the the first.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Bolton-France wrote:No but the second half season is better than the the first.

Which begs the question, If we have managed second half of season without them, WHY did we miss them so much more in first half?????????
Born to be a Wanderer!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:45 pm

I particularly regret despite having two transfer windows, that instead of looking for cover, he's signed £7.5m of strikers that have 20 starts and 3 goals between them...

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I particularly regret despite having two transfer windows, that instead of looking for cover, he's signed £7.5m of strikers that have 20 starts and 3 goals between them...

Hear Hear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!

shoot and score
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by shoot and score » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:49 pm

We have struggled with no Holden and CYL We wouldn't be where we are now if they had been playing and IMO we would be down if Ricketts hadn't got back when he did..Lads giving their best though.. Nail biting to the end, looking dodgy though !!!!!!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 pm

jaffka wrote:bwfci has a classic case of 'the other man's grass is always greener'
That wasn't my point at all. But on that, they are in a better position than we are at this moment in time.

My original point was that yes theyve had a phenomenal run but that their play pointed at this since Jan/Feb time when they were playing really well and not quite getting the luck!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:bwfci has a classic case of 'the other man's grass is always greener'
That wasn't my point at all. But on that, they are in a better position than we are at this moment in time.

My original point was that yes theyve had a phenomenal run but that their play pointed at this since Jan/Feb time when they were playing really well and not quite getting the luck!
They are not the first team or manager that you have been lusting over though are they.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
They've also played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea in the last 7 games. 12 points from those 5.

Bit like we played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in our first 7 games. Wonder how many points we got from them? All we did was bleat to feck about how unfair everything was, and give Coyle yet another excuse.
they had fully fit teams more or less, at the start of the season were no oppposition manager is playing silly buggers resting folk for the next week.

"my reserves'll beat these"

remember that fulham liverpool game from ages ago when we needed to not lose to southampton

wankers

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 pm

shoot and score wrote:IMO we would be down if Ricketts hadn't got back when he did.
If Ricketts plays like he did against Villa between now and the end of the season then we are down! :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

shoot and score
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by shoot and score » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Certainly his worst game of the season.. no doubt. We are too small a squad to manage comfortably without the brilliance of Holden and CYL

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Sounds like most of you here are happy with a point.

I thought you slipped up big style, we were awful. Bendtner ,is a show pony, Cattermole was unfit and caught in possession or ball watching , O'shea, usual performance when at right back ( sh*te). Bardsley, ineffective when on the left.

Poor selection and poor game management from MON today. Not brave enough to sort the left back slot and then decide on his best center back pairing so he moved Bardsley to accommodate O'shea at RB. Net result , none of the back 4 can distribute, Cattermole on the comeback is off the pace and cant find space to get his head up. Allows you lot to exert pressure in our half and means we knock it speculatively towards your large back 4 under pressure all the time.

If his idea of going for it against a relegation struggling side at home is to play Bendtner up front ( or on the wing or wherever the lazy perpetually offside prima donna ends up) on his own, he wants to give his head a shake, two up front and loads of bottle would have seen you off today i think. As it was the whole Stadium was underwhelmed and it transferred to the pitch.

Dire dire stuff. and a general lack luster performance as i feared. We didn't even deserve a draw, but if you can't beat us on that form you evidently don't deserve any more.

The ref was a complete bell end, but then again Probert always is , gets nothing right for either side, unfailingly wrong all round.

Good performance from KD although he should have been in the book early doors which might have limited the big dirty get.

Going to be an 'interesting' end to the season. Get your money on us to hold Man utd last game , were that bloody obtuse.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:11 pm

A great post Madmarx, most of which I concur with. I thought you were awful yet we failed to break you down or have any invention in the second half. Petrov and Eagles hammered you for the first 30 minutes and then for some reason, we stopped getting the ball wide. You have some useful players, most of whom had at least half a brain in the Caribbean today, but I suspect MON will want to be spending some real money in the summer (presuming Keane left any in the pot) to build a side he wants to manage. Next season for you could be very interesting and could go either way depending on whether he gets it right or wrong.

Simple facts now: Its us or QPR for that 3rd spot.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bolton-France
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bolton-France » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:

Which begs the question, If we have managed second half of season without them, WHY did we miss them so much more in first half?????????
Simply due to unnecessary transfers (Tuncay, Kakuta) could have been better to build, I also think that Cahill had to sell in summer. Ream is an excellent addition, too bad we did not have before. In the first season, Coyle has not given enough luck to Mark Davies and second half of the season is what it gives, it is for me one of the best players of Bolton.
The arrival of N'Gog did not bring much, I have preferred to see more regularly Klasnic & Davies. In summary:
Ream Cahill in our
Sordell, Klasnic & Davies in out N'Gog
Tuncay & Kakuta out

The arrival of Miyaichi we did good but it could also have had Le Toux is a very good player.

There are so many things that did not work but finally I will conclude by the choices of backs, I think Ricketts & Marcos Alonso are better than Robinson & Steinsson.
Last edited by Bolton-France on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Bolton-France wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

Simply due to unnecessary transfers (Tuncay, Kakuta) could have been better to build, I also think that Cahill had to sell in summer. Ream is an excellent addition, too bad we did not have before. In the first season, Coyle has not given enough luck to Mark Davies and second half of the season is what it gives, it is for me one of the best players of Bolton.
The arrival of N'Gog did not bring much, I have preferred to see more regularly Klasnic & Davies. In summary:
Ream Cahill in our
Sordell, Klasnic & Davies in out N'Gog
Tuncay & Kakuta out

The arrival of Miyaichi we did good but it could also have had the cough is a very good player.

There are so many things that did not work but finally I will conclude by the choices of backs, I think Ricketts & Marcos Alonso are better than Robinson & Steinsson.
I'm not sure I follow all this but I agree Ricketts is better than Robinson. There are those who think Bobo might be.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Only if Bobo couldn't play football if his life depended on it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:Barring idiotic displays from the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and City, a win and 2 draws should be enough.

2 wins obviously would almost guarantee it.
Can you explain that? Are you allowing QPR a draw tomorrow?
I am ruddy well not! :shock: Hopefully QPR, Blackburn and Villa get sweet f*ck-all from their last games and 4pts is enough for us.

In the less-than-perfect world we live in though it's feasible that-

3 games. QPR get 3/4pts = 37/38
2 games. Villa get 1/2pts = 38/39
3 games. Rovers get 4/5pts = 35/36

5pts would put us on 39. So a draw tomorrow for QPR wouldn't be the end of the world unless they beat Stoke and then got a point from City. A lot of that would depend on what happens in the title decider on Monday.

Villa are in a precarious position. I've a sneaky feeling 1pt from their last 2 games will see them relegated.

I think in any normal season 5/6pts will mean survival. Pleased to hear Davo saying that they're not looking for favours, but we could well do with them cos we've had utter bollocks in the way of favours lately. I cheered Chelsea all the way through their 2 legs against Barca and it's time they repaid.