Sunderland Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bolton-France
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Sunderland Away

Post by Bolton-France » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Jakerbeef use this : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... efault.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For me

16. Bolton 39 pts
17. Aston Villa 38 pts
18. QPR 37 pts
19. Blackburn 34 points

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 pm

agree with Mad Marx above- we missed an opportunity to get three today.
its only coz we've been so abject for most of the season that i suspect most on here are happy with a point.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:57 pm

We're only 3 points off our total for 2007/08.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Bolton-France wrote:Jakerbeef use this : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... efault.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For me

16. Bolton 39 pts
17. Aston Villa 38 pts
18. QPR 37 pts
19. Blackburn 34 points
There's also the beeb predictor. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

I get us, QPR and Wigan all on 40 points...with us not making it on GD.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:19 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:agree with Mad Marx above- we missed an opportunity to get three today.its only coz we've been so abject for most of the season that i suspect most on here are happy with a point.
No, we didn't. We tried hard enough against a decent home side who nobody really expected to guarantee one, never mind three points, against. Marxy is talking like they're Barcelona just having a bad day and should have put five past us. Truth is we played decently, came back from a goal down and some on here seem to forget we're propping the league up, not looking to win it. How Sunderland played is immaterial and quite a few on here would happily have taken the one point before the game. I like Marxy but he's an opposition fan and blaming Sunderland's bad display (his view) detracts from our own decent one. It's just hard to take that struggling Bolton got a well-earned draw against them at home. Tough Marxy. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bolton-France wrote:I particularly regret the absence of Holden & Chingy during the first half of the season.
I particularly regret despite having two transfer windows, that instead of looking for cover, he's signed £7.5m of strikers that have 20 starts and 3 goals between them...
Have a good read of what you've written. We needed cover upfront and the January window can also bear slim pickings. Unfortunately our budget is very small and 7.5m doesn't go far on 2 or 3 players.

Do keep slagging him off because he can't produce miracle players for next to nothing though.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:agree with Mad Marx above- we missed an opportunity to get three today.
its only coz we've been so abject for most of the season that i suspect most on here are happy with a point.
It's cos we were playing a better side than ourselves away from home in our third game of the week, and drew despite being in a losing position after an hour.

Thats why we're happy with a point.

Frankly if we had to beat Sunderland away to stay up we were more than likely fooked.

If we can't beat West Brom at home who have nowt to play for, we deserve to drop.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bolton-France wrote:I particularly regret the absence of Holden & Chingy during the first half of the season.
I particularly regret despite having two transfer windows, that instead of looking for cover, he's signed £7.5m of strikers that have 20 starts and 3 goals between them...
Have a good read of what you've written. We needed cover upfront and the January window can also bear slim pickings. Unfortunately our budget is very small and 7.5m doesn't go far on 2 or 3 players.

Do keep slagging him off because he can't produce miracle players for next to nothing though.
NGog in the summer is fair enough. 3M on a player in January whose not played a game yet, is bizarre. We had KD, Klasnic and Ngog.

There were other players knocking around who could have made an impact. I think questioning that is pretty rational.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Net spend big fat zero.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
NGog in the summer is fair enough. 3M on a player in January whose not played a game yet, is bizarre. We had KD, Klasnic and Ngog.

There were other players knocking around who could have made an impact. I think questioning that is pretty rational.
Who did we miss out on Mr Hindsight?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:agree with Mad Marx above- we missed an opportunity to get three today.its only coz we've been so abject for most of the season that i suspect most on here are happy with a point.
No, we didn't. We tried hard enough against a decent home side who nobody really expected to guarantee one, never mind three points, against. Marxy is talking like they're Barcelona just having a bad day and should have put five past us. Truth is we played decently, came back from a goal down and some on here seem to forget we're propping the league up, not looking to win it. How Sunderland played is immaterial and quite a few on here would happily have taken the one point before the game. I like Marxy but he's an opposition fan and blaming Sunderland's bad display (his view) detracts from our own decent one. It's just hard to take that struggling Bolton got a well-earned draw against them at home. Tough Marxy. :D

Would have been happy with the point before the game, and pleased with the response when we went a goal behind, it showed a bit of character because in the games before our heads would have gone down and we'd have lost by more.
I said last week 4 points from Villa and Sunderland would be good, so I'm happy with that, and now I'll be happy with another 4 from Spurs and WBA. 6 and I'll need dragging from the ceiling. COYWM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just hope Chelsea and spurs are up for it tomorrow.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm

I wrote us off after Swansea (and another 5 times this season, to be fair).

Roll on Wednesday, when my fingernails get chomped on again.....

And just for the haters - give Coyle a new deal, Eddie! :D
Troll and proud of it.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I get us, QPR and Wigan all on 40 points...with us not making it on GD.
There isn't a chance we go down on 40 pts. QPR are not beating Chelsea tomorrow and that's final!

They're just bloody well not... :cry:

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:agree with Mad Marx above- we missed an opportunity to get three today.
It's cos we were playing a better side than ourselves away from home in our third game of the week, and drew despite being in a losing position after an hour.

Thats why we're happy with a point.

Frankly if we had to beat Sunderland away to stay up we were more than likely fooked.

If we can't beat West Brom at home who have nowt to play for, we deserve to drop.
Sunderland had nothing to play for and played like it. they hadn't scored in 4 games. but that doesn't really matter.i,m not that interested in statistical probabilities (we never win there etc- Wigan have proved the fallacy in that mode of argument )- i look at the horses in running
so ,above all the way they played indicated to me that we could and should have beat them.
the Sunderland fan pointed out their inadequacies today - all of which i concur with.
yet we couldn't beat them.
depressingly

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I've had a good read of it thanks, maybe you should do likewise, and then you'd possibly spot that the whole sentence is about where his priorities were, I'm not too hopeful that you'll spot this at a second reading, as it's only a short sentence and you missed it first go. :-) We have spent £3m on some 21 year old that doesn't look like getting a start any time soon and £4.5m on N'Gog who doesn't look like he's going to start banging them in. That's not a huge amount of dosh but in light of the slagging the Elmander signing generated (circa £8.2m) then this is looking like a poor use of cash we haven't got. I also keep trying to balance that with the view that's often spouted on here (by yourself amongst others as another excuse for Coyle) is that a KEY PROBLEM area is that we're two midfielders down.

I've never slagged him off for not producing miracle players for next to nothing. Holden and Chungy cost us less than £3m. What I said was if cover for Holden and Chungy was THAT important in his mind, he should have got that cover before investing elsewhere.

Anyhow why do you think I would slag him off for something like not producing miracle players for next to nothing, when I can happily slag him off for being tatically naive and a bit shit?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Only if Bobo couldn't play football if his life depended on it.
As a person said only last week .... bit of a fat git these days, so probably I couldn't.

But I could still kick shite out of people as they tried to go past.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 pm

as wrote:I wrote us off after Swansea (and another 5 times this season, to be fair).

Roll on Wednesday, when my fingernails get chomped on again.....

And just for the haters - give Coyle a new deal, Eddie! :D

I don't hate, and I agree with this.*

*in one of your kettle making factories or something. Anywhere other than as Manager of the Wanderers

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
No Tango , we were Sunderland on an off day not Barca and from what i saw of your lot they had enough in the locker to beat us and didn't. Put 5 past you? 2 goals from us over states our performance although both were well taken goals they were all we had other than F**k ups in the box.

If you think that we were not that bad you should see us when we are playing well, i would give us 5/10 today.

If you cant break teams down that you are bigger than, stronger and faster than and who keep wasting the ball its not my fault. :wink:

Good luck :D

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 pm

... which is more or less where i'm at.
as Rabbie (Blake) says " oh the gift to see oorselves as ithers see us"
or something