Sunderland Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Sunderland Away

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I've never slagged him off for not producing miracle players for next to nothing. Holden and Chungy cost us less than £3m. What I said was if cover for Holden and Chungy was THAT important in his mind, he should have got that cover before investing elsewhere.
We added 5 midfielders in the 2 windows you mention and were expecting Holden back in October. Add Muamba, Petrov and Mark Davies and perhaps the sense was that we need someone up front rather than just KD and Klasnic.

How much more midfield cover were you expecting?

Edit : on a less argumentative note :) which 2 games do you have us down to win to get to 40 points?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Just got in...watched it in an exec box, next to Cattermole's sister and Bardsley's bird.

It might be the free drink talking, but we should've had 3 points there.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Just got in...watched it in an exec box, next to Cattermole's sister and Bardsley's bird.

Especially when Wayne Bridge decides to go Messi on the end of the box :shock: :shock:

what was he doing :twisted: :twisted:

oh and pics by the way or you were never there :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I've never slagged him off for not producing miracle players for next to nothing. Holden and Chungy cost us less than £3m. What I said was if cover for Holden and Chungy was THAT important in his mind, he should have got that cover before investing elsewhere.
We added 5 midfielders in the 2 windows you mention and were expecting Holden back in October. Add Muamba, Petrov and Mark Davies and perhaps the sense was that we need someone up front rather than just KD and Klasnic.

How much more midfield cover were you expecting?

Edit : on a less argumentative note :) which 2 games do you have us down to win to get to 40 points?
Well if we've got all the midfield cover we need, can people stop bleating about how much better Owen would have managed our season, is only we had Stu and Chungy... :-)

I have us down to win our two homers (as strange as this concept might sound) - but even with my most optimistic "we're going to win 2" head on, we still ended up getting relegated. :-(

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Oh and linesman u tit.

We should and could have won 3-2. Take a look at the Mavies offside. Laughable.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 pm

First visit to SOL today and was very impressed with it. This felt a little bit like those games we were having at the end of the 07-08 season, drawing away at Spurs, could have gone either way but very happy with a point as long as we can consolidate it in the next games.

There'd have been a minor earthquake in that away end if Klasnic had buried his chance late on!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Well if we've got all the midfield cover we need, can people stop bleating about how much better Owen would have managed our season, is only we had Stu and Chungy... :-)
We probably got the best cover available to us - certainly not as good as Holden And Lee.

You know this though. :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 pm

madmarx wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Just got in...watched it in an exec box, next to Cattermole's sister and Bardsley's bird.

Especially when Wayne Bridge decides to go Messi on the end of the box :shock: :shock:

To pissed to post them.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
madmarx wrote:

To pissed to post them.
the morra then :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 pm

madmarx wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
madmarx wrote:

To pissed to post them.
the morra then :wink:
Possibly......unless I throw up (which there is a strong possibility of)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:Oh and linesman u tit.

We should and could have won 3-2. Take a look at the Mavies offside. Laughable.
It's the truth. N'gog's goal was legit. We wuz robbed. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Well, they're three points and a fair bit of GD ahead of us. So more like 4...I know what I'd rather have between a game in hand or three points on the board....

They've also played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea in the last 7 games. 12 points from those 5.

Bit like we played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in our first 7 games. Wonder how many points we got from them? All we did was bleat to feck about how unfair everything was, and give Coyle yet another excuse.
hmmm... but not really my point... I too would rather have three points on the board.

but would three extra points and some gd cause BWFCi to proclaim we were awesome??

over the season - they are only 3 pts and some gd better off than us - and if we are utterly shoite and doomed to relegation - then it doesn't make them that good, does it? that's my point.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
NGog in the summer is fair enough. 3M on a player in January whose not played a game yet, is bizarre. We had KD, Klasnic and Ngog.

There were other players knocking around who could have made an impact. I think questioning that is pretty rational.
Who did we miss out on Mr Hindsight?
So you're saying that for 3M Sordell was the best possible buy at the time?

That iPad shouldn't have looked for something more immediate?

Such as the loan deals Fulham and Swansea did as an example?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
NGog in the summer is fair enough. 3M on a player in January whose not played a game yet, is bizarre. We had KD, Klasnic and Ngog.

There were other players knocking around who could have made an impact. I think questioning that is pretty rational.
Who did we miss out on Mr Hindsight?
So you're saying that for 3M Sordell was the best possible buy at the time?

That iPad shouldn't have looked for something more immediate?

Such as the loan deals Fulham and Swansea did as an example?
'

These were available to us and would have worked out then?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
We probably got the best cover available to us - certainly not as good as Holden And Lee.

Well, I know that all things considered, in my opinion Coyle has underperformed.

You know this though. :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well, I know that all things considered, in my opinion Coyle has underperformed.

if, as you say, Coyle is a clueless twunk with no tactical nous - then how has he underperformed? :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Well, they're three points and a fair bit of GD ahead of us. So more like 4...I know what I'd rather have between a game in hand or three points on the board....

They've also played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea in the last 7 games. 12 points from those 5.

Bit like we played Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in our first 7 games. Wonder how many points we got from them? All we did was bleat to feck about how unfair everything was, and give Coyle yet another excuse.
hmmm... but not really my point... I too would rather have three points on the board.

but would three extra points and some gd cause BWFCi to proclaim we were awesome??

over the season - they are only 3 pts and some gd better off than us - and if we are utterly shoite and doomed to relegation - then it doesn't make them that good, does it? that's my point.
Yeah but you misquote again. I said that since the end of January start of February Wigan have been excellent.

In that time they've taken 25 points from 14 games.

We have taken 15 points from 13 games.

I don't think many could genuinely argue that for that time period Wigan haven't been considerably better than us.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yeah but you misquote again. I said that since the end of January start of February Wigan have been excellent.

I don't think many could genuinely argue that for that time period Wigan haven't been considerably better than us.

but to what end? isn't the league decided over a whole season? there are parts of the season where we outscored wiggin.. so we were considerably better then them (though I don't remember you shouting it from the Forum rooftops at the time)

and at this stage - we have a game in hand and are 3pts below them - so - in my book - that doesn't make us all that much less successful.

personally - over the season (which is how this game works) - neither us nor wiggin are anything to wank home about...

(edit: I didn't quote you at all - and so can't have misquoted you)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

but to what end? isn't the league decided over a whole season? there are parts of the season where we outscored wiggin.. so we were considerably better then them (though I don't remember you shouting it from the Forum rooftops at the time)

and at this stage - we have a game in hand and are 3pts below them - so - in my book - that doesn't make us all that much less successful.

personally - over the season (which is how this game works) - neither us nor wiggin are anything to wank home about...
They've hit form when it counts though and pulled off an impressive string of results when they had to against the top sides.

Nobody is saying theyre a top side, but that they were showing signs when for a while. They always seem to squeak out somehow, this time it's through a fantastic run of results.

End of the day if you were forced to bet your life on one staying up, I think you'd be lying if you plumped for us at this very moment in time....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:52 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

if, as you say, Coyle is a clueless twunk with no tactical nous - then how has he underperformed? :conf:
Because I don't measure under/over performance against the capability of the person, but the job that they're doing.

But you could probably have worked that our for yourself.